[Elsewhere] Amazon ES Discounts

padrc66padrc66 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2012 in Shopping Elsewhere
just picked up 10218 pet shop (~£97), 10220 T1 (~£63) and 10231 shuttle expedition (~£58) on amazon es. these seem like about the best prices i've seen??

Comments

• Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    I got Tower Bridge and Shuttle Expedition for exactly £200 (that includes shipping costs) That's about 90 off RRP, if I remember right.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    Shuttle Expedition really is tremendous for 1200 pieces and a lovely set.
    SE reminds me of when I went on holiday once in Hale, in Cornwall, and my parents bought me a rocket attached to the brown thing (no idea what it's called), and it was the only thing I played with all holiday in the little bungalow we had rented. I can't wait for it to arrive, I hardly ever see it talked about here and I think it's an underrated set. I bet it looks great on display.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    The three components of the Space Shuttle are the orbiter (often and mistakenly referred to as the shuttle itself), the two solid rocket boosters (SRBs) strapped to either side and the disposable external tank (ET).
  • MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
    Also a smashing discount on http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10217-1 Diagon Alley.
  • morbiczermorbiczer Member Posts: 50
    Amazon.es and amazon.it generally have the best discounts among the European amazon sites.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    [From DrDave] And if it's Amazon.es discounts you want then check the amazon.es Bargain Watch listing at the address below - you'll find them all listed there, ranked by the magnitude of the discount.

http://www.brickset.com/buy/es/Amazon/
  • rigggsboobubsrigggsboobubs Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone else from Asia have a problem ordering from Amazon.es or Amazon.it and shipping to USA?
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I got a nice deal (well i think it is anyway) on Bank & Money Transfer for £27.
  • DadDad UKMember Posts: 814
    Just a heads up, I don't know the rrp but 4204 is only 54 euro on amazon es.
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    edited June 2012
    Cheers. And after putting in an order last thing on Tuesday night, it's arrived Friday morning.

The packaging was so-so. All was in good condition although it wouldn't have stood up to rough treatment. But then that's par for the course for Amazon packaging anyway. If, as I suspect, it's not come from Spain, then there's no reason not to buy from Amazon.es at the kind of prices on offer. Although sorting out a problem with them would probably be more difficult than with Amazon.uk.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,835
    I had almost no padding in my outer box between it and the palace set. If it had been roughed up externally, the internal product wouldn't have gone unscathed.
    Amazon.it are a nightmare to deal with (when I received my battered, incomplete and opened 10215 IS) for returns etc.
  • JT32JT32 BasingstokeMember Posts: 124
    I took the gamble and ordered a IS 10212 from amazon.it a couple of weeks ago. Delivery was very fast, the packaging was poor quality, just one flimsy outer box and a piece of brown paper but amazingly it was in perfect condition. I imagine it could've gone badly wrong but thank god it didn't because i'd have hated to try and contact them.

I'm still thinking about ordering things from .es because some of the prices are amazing.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,483
    I ordered the Desert Skiff and Jaba's Palace From Amazon.es on the 3rd of July, when it was in stock, but my order status has gone on "Back Order". Does this mean They are not going to send my items?
    Venunder: It means they're out of stock but will fulfill the order when they have stock again, at the ordered price. It could be a while.
    I guess I will have to wait and see. Thanks monkeyhanger.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,335
    @Venunder
    Can I borrow your DeLorean to see if price is cheaper on 3 July ? :)
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 521
    My Desert Skiff came today. Ironically delivered by the manager of the Nottingham City Link branch who a few days earlier I had complained to about a missing delivery of the rest of my amazon.es Star Wars order. It got to the Nottingham depot and disappeared!
  • DadDad UKMember Posts: 814
    The key here is that if it is damaged when it arrives you can probably sell as a damged box item to recover what you paid. That's what I did with the damaged 10212's. Far easier than going through the returns process.
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    edited June 2012
    I ordered mine 29th May (amazon.es) as soon as I saw them. They came perfectly (Finland not the UK) so about 12 days. I have had some amazon.co.uk orders mashed but they were smaller sets (Batman and catwoman). In both cases Amazon were excellent in refunding because of the mishap. Good Luck.
  • PlaugePlauge Member Posts: 39
    Amazon and refunding/claiming is almost to easy :P (good customer service).
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    I just received an email from Amazon.es about some Jabba Palaces I ordered. From my understanding it seems they now have a dispatch date, June the 20th.
  • dunc8543dunc8543 Member Posts: 138
    Grand Emporium 119 euros at the moment, approx £96.
    does anyone know if ordering from amazon.com is possible like .it and .es for people in the UK? If so with the current exchange rate they have some brilliant deals?
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,335
    ^ amazon.com don't ship to UK and if they did customs fees would be a major hit on bigger sets
    ^ thanks for that, I had a feeling it would be something along these lines just thought I'd ask.
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    Btw since when did most European Amazon sites increase their shipping costs to ridiculous amounts? I live inside the EU (the Eastern part of it) and Amazon.es for example now ships cheaper to all the following countries than to me:
    - Croatia, Bosnia, Albania, Serbia, etc.
    - USA, Japan
    - all of South America

I was contemplating buying two Tower Bridge sets from amazon.it but shipping would have cost something like 45 euro on them. Few months ago it would have been around 10-15 euro for this. Heck, probably I could ship things to other European countries at around these new prices and I'm not a massive retailer with millions of orders and contracted courier companies. This is a rip-off. Also it's nice to be a 2nd class EU citizen...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,789
    ^ I just tried amazon.it for the TB, and it comes up as 7 Euro shipping to the UK.
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    ^ I just tried amazon.it for the TB, and it comes up as 7 Euro shipping to the UK.
    Yes, to the UK and some other Western European countries they still ship for a flat 7 euro fee. To all Eastern European EU countries (except for Poland) they now ship for 10 EUR + 5 EUR / kg.

amazon.it shipping rates
    ^ Ah, your English is so good I assumed you were in the UK! I missed the "I live inside the EU (the Eastern part of it)" bit.

edited June 2012
    Amazon.es are now shipping the Jabba's Palace and Desert Skiff I ordered at the start of June.
    And the replacements I ordered two days ago. :) :( :)
    I guess I'll be able to build a bigger Palace than I expected ...
    or maybe I'll sell or swap the spare sets.... ?
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 521
    ^ Hope yours get through the City Link Nottingham depot @Venunder. Mine mysteriously disappeared when they got there and I had to get amazon.es to refund and re-order. Fingers crossed they should come in the next couple of days.
    Venunder: Easy to make a bigger palace from 2 sets and sell the extra set of figs on ebay (keep the second Gamorrean Guard). You can see my crude effort at a bigger palace (waiting to order a few bits from Lego to finish it) in the 2 sets for a bigger set thread.
    I didnt want to make a whole topic on this, but Winter Village Post Office is 1 Euro on amazon.it. Is this the real deal? It's 17 euros for UK shipping but still, Post Office for 18 Euros.
    ^ is it worth the hassle of italian cancellation. They are a third party seller...
    Brewer51: Only one way to find out. Buy more than five and shipping drops to about ten euros each. Not sure how well it would sell, not something I'd jump into as I have no interest in the theme.
    I just thought for that price, I'd try it out. Not going to give it a whirl though, I'm skeptical about it and when I got to the paying stage, it had the price of the item in dollars, the price of shipping in euros and then the total price in GBP. Don't really fancy taking my chances.
    same here. had enough with dealing with Tesco. Don't want to branch out to an italian toy store.
    Hear hear. I'm still waiting for Tesco to decide what they're going to do with my orders.
    I was just thinking about it when it bounced back to about 45 euros, v-wing was brifly 4 euros with wolverine's chopper showdown.
    I was tempted by both and bought 3 of each. The Post Office set should sell nicely in about 5 months' time. This assumes that the sets turn up of course.
  • julian977julian977 UKMember Posts: 65
    edited June 2012
    Just having an idle trawl through amazon, chanced upon this rather crazy price:
    amazon.it/LEGO-Star-Wars-7915-Starfighter/dp/B0042HOU30/ref=sr_1_5?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1340311449&sr=1-5

Shipping is not so bad if you order three! ;)
    edited June 2012
    I think the €7 shipping applies individually for each set you order so ordering 3 sets doesn't reduce the price per set.

This offer was discussed briefly on a neighbouring thread "[Elsewhere] Amazon ES Discounts".
    Somehow they charged me EUR 16,25 to ship three to the UK, so in this case it somhow did make sense: with a guesstimate of the exchange rate I have just paid a few pounds more for three than I would have paid for for one already discounted from UK amazon. Hopefully worth a try for someone else?
    ^ It's not amazon, so you have less comeback if/when it all goes wrong.
    Anyway, those Amazon Italy orders have been/are being cancelled. Will just have to make sure there's no mischief on my credit card.
  • makmak Member Posts: 300
    edited June 2012
    ^I doubt the seller will have any info on your card. Amazon keeps all of that and informs the seller, the item has been bought and the money is available to them if they can deliver. So you need not worry about anything dubious
    My order (see my last post) has been cancelled too, first thing the following morning. Good job I speak/read Italian, as I can confirm that whilst friendly in tone/language (they use the informal 'tu' for a start), the space in the computer-generated email where it would explain to me why the order is cancelled (you know, payment problems, out of stock, seller realised they were selling way to cheap etc) has been left blank.

Of course, unlike ebay (and Bricklink I believe) you can't leave feedback for an amazon seller if the order is cancelled by the seller so as far as my account at Amazon.it is concerned, the order never even happened! All I have is 2 emails from amazon.it to say that it ever did.

FWIW it was this seller: amazon.it/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=&marketplaceID=APJ6JRA9NG5V4&isCBA=&asin=&seller=A7C18G4B6FH8B
  • dunc8543dunc8543 Member Posts: 138
    Just received my sets ordered from Amazon.es (Jabba's Palace, Desert Skiff and Gungan Sub).
    All well packed and were in mint condition.
    Very impressed with service as they were only ordered on Tuesday night.