Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Buy One, Get One 50% Off 4/1 - 4/7 at Toys R Us

sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
edited April 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Looks like you have another week to try and get modulars. The BOGO continues. Excludes Star Wars, Super Heroes, Friends, Technic and Ninjago.

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,215
    Cool... Too bad the Pet Shop is currently sold out.. I want to get a couple but I do not have the time to watch TRU every minute to look for them, usually they come back into stock during a weekday, but I need to work
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    I would assume, however, that they will not have a restock till Monday morning.
  • RainingBoroSi02RainingBoroSi02 NCMember Posts: 57
    This is great and all, but I'm all tired out of shopping and not buying anything because everything I want is out of stock.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Nearly every set was in stock at one point or another last week. Stay vigilant.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    Wow! 50% discount is stacking on top of last week's 50% discount and most of the big sets are back in stock.

on a completely unrelated sidenote, happy April 1st everyone.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    Wow! 50% discount is stacking on top of last week's 50% discount and most of the big sets are back in stock.

on a completely unrelated sidenote, happy April 1st everyone.
    Dammit. I fell for that. *lifts the middle finer*. ;)
  • legomyLEGGOlegomyLEGGO Member Posts: 63
    Is it me or has TRU been having so many of these BOGO's? I don't remember seeing this many in such a short span.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^ Not uncommon when they're trying to turn inventory with new sets/themes about to release.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,288
    But does TRU's continuous BOGO sales hurt Lego stores or shop @ home?
    edited April 2012
    ^--- not if they keep increasing their retail prices to basically take out the real price saving on most BOGO items. Not to mention always being out of stock for the really sought after items when they have their 300 BOGO's in a row

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,248
    This is great and all, but I'm all tired out of shopping and not buying anything because everything I want is out of stock.
    Like @YellowCastle said, every set was in stock at one point I believe excluding the Fire brigade.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    I went to one this afternoon at my daughter's request, but I'm just underwhelmed. Even the deals on the Atlantis sets aren't enough to get me to buy at TRU.

K-Mart's BOGO half off deal includes star wars sets and the city trucks at retail price, so I did my shopping at TRU, and my buying at K-Mart.
  • parkerwilsonparkerwilson Member Posts: 142
    GE is in stock
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    ^ won't go in cart though. or at least not anymore
    ^ Around 7:15 cst for 10 minutes you could add 2 and checkout. Diagon Alley was just in stock but you could only add 1 :(
  • RainingBoroSi02RainingBoroSi02 NCMember Posts: 57
    VW van in stock
    ^Only 1 in stock now.
    What options are there if you receive damaged boxes from TRU. Of course both MMV and 1 of the 2 MVR boxes I got today are crushed
    ^Received my pet shops and one of them had a smashed corner. You can probably call TRU customer service and ask for a replacement.
    The fact they use almost no packaging material... it's just ridiculous.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    All the Marvel sets are listed now - with their TRU tax markup. And they fixed it so that these are flagged as Super Hero sets - thus no BOGO.
    The Marvel Ultrabuilds are available in the BOGO, despite being flagged as Super Hero sets. Otherwise, like @sidersdd said, no BOGO on the rest.
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    Usually we get a small window of time before TRU marks up the prices on new sets. Apparently not this time :(
    ^Either that or these are the cheap prices and they have yet to mark them up. Which would make me shudder.
    TB back in stock, although I have a feeling there's only one available... again.
    There's more than 1 in stock, there just limiting you to only purchasing one
    edited April 2012
    ^No, don't think so. I can add two to cart, still says "limit two per customer", however it adjusts my inventory after the first stage of checkout to where there's only one left.

EDIT: TB is now out of stock again.
    ^---TRU does this with many of their items...
    They say limit two in the item entry, but when you try to add to a cart it marks it to 1
    Has anyone seen the PS become available again?
    I unfortunately could not look at their site today and just wondering if I missed the window for this week, or if I should try to hold out hope.
    @madforlegos- I haven't. Pretty sure it hasn't been in stock for a few days now.
    ive been watching 10 or so times a day the past 2 days, haven' tseen anything pop back in stock yet.
  • bri4jennbri4jenn United StatesMember Posts: 86
    The GE went back in stock at 8:15 am Tuesday. I bought two. It only stayed in stock till about 8:50. I just got lucky. I use changedetection.com.
    @bri4jenn: Thanks, will need to try that site out.
    Mercifully I have my fill of GE, I just want a few Pet shops
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Missed GE again.
    VW is back in stock. And you can add more than one to cart.
  • mikersoftmikersoft Member Posts: 57
    Well, I thought the FB was back in stock as of about 15 minutes ago.. I quickly put 2 in my cart and proceeded to checkout via paypal. All seemed to be going well, up until the final paypal confirmation, which sends you back to the merchant site.. Then I ended up with a blank TRU page..

I waited a minute or so & nothing happened, so I hit refresh. I ended up on a "continue shopping" page with an empty cart.. I couldn't tell if my order actually went through, so I tried to order FB again and got the limited inventory warning. It now shows out of stock again.

I also logged into paypal and there are no recent transactions... I'm guessing I missed out again.

-Mike
    @mikersoft-
    Figures when I'm not at home that it comes in stock. Hopefully we both get one last shot at it. Sorry about your bad luck!
    edited April 2012
    On another note, the GE is back in stock.

EDIT: And... the exact same thing just happened to me. All the way to the final "submit order" page everything was fine, then it brought me to a blank page which I refreshed, and then had an empty cart. Oh TRU how you play with our hearts..
    TB in stock. Got myself 2.
    ^--- drawing a complete blank...TB?
    tower bridge
    Ahh, thank you
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    The next set I want lol! I love the look of TB!
    TB is a really nice set, super difficult to move around though. I tried moving mine and the entire thing collapsed!
    Hey then you get to build it again! :) Ok, I always try to find the good side of stuff lol. And since my builds are "technically" for therapy, the more I have to build, the better. But right now I am out of sets to build :/
    edited April 2012
    ^Exactly!
    But right now I am out of sets to build :/
    Sounds like someone needs to have a talk with their wallet. I'm sure you can convince him. ;-)

Um nope, he has moths in him flying around till payday on the 15th lol. Remember @samiam391, I am in Army lol. I has an expensive hobby lol
  • mikersoftmikersoft Member Posts: 57

EDIT: And... the exact same thing just happened to me. All the way to the final "submit order" page everything was fine, then it brought me to a blank page which I refreshed, and then had an empty cart. Oh TRU how you play with our hearts..
    D'oh! That's such a letdown isn't it? Well, at least you snagged the TBs.

-Mike

^^Well just two more weeks, try and hang on!

^It is.. you think you have it... then you don't.

For all those interested, SE is back in stock.
    MMV was back in stock. had 2 in my order all the way through payment. after complettion i got knocked down to just 1 at full price, so I had to cancel my order.