Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Where can I find set inventories?

KalecokittenKalecokitten Member Posts: 1
edited March 2012 in Building and Techniques
Is there anywhere I can find a parts list for LEGO sets? I know some sets have partial listing of components but not quantities on LEGO.com, some have lists of components and quantities in the instruction manual, and newer sets have lists on LEGO boxes. I have built a specific set, then built the 2nd version, but the count doesn't match item numbers. I have added stickers to the count. Would be wonderful to find parts list. Thanks for any and all help.

Comments

• DfenzDfenz IrelandMember Posts: 41
    Have you tried www.bricklink.com . They have inventories for most sets and include the extra pieces you get.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,845
    Try Bricklink.com or Peeron.com
    Search for a set in the catalog in BL and then click on it there is an inventory link.
    Peeron you only look up the set, but Im not sure how updated it is and sometimes the part lists have incorrect parts, or are missing parts.
    I find the BL sets pretty reliable.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    Personally I prefer Peeron.com for it's user interface, but it's increasingly out of date and slow, so I rarely use it any more. Bricklink is my current 'go-to' site for inventory information; I just wish the community would get its act together and be more willing to share information ... It's not like Bricklink owns the information.
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,191
    edited March 2012
    @bluemoose Amen to that... I wish the community would get its' collective act together. One chapter in my LEGO CD is nothing but catalogs... from 1950-66. And then it's only a catalog or 2 (mostly European) per year. Only reason I even added the catalog chapter was because there is no "concise" source on the internet for LEGO catalogs. Peeron started to do so... but they end at them millenium, and the few old catalog images I sent them were never added to Peeron, so I gave up there. And I stopped at 1966 because the catalogs started getting larger that year... and it would hog up all the LEGO CD space if I added 12-24 pages of images per catalog.

First Lugnet started dying away... then we almost lost Brickshelf... and now Peeron is slow going...

Also, I agree with you using Bricklink as a first choice site... and then Peeron as a runner-up, in case Bricklink doesn't have everything.

Ironically my LEGO CD has about 150-200 sets that are in neither database... and about 1/3 of these aren't in the Billund Vault/Archives either. It's this playing of Sherlock Holmes of LEGO that has taken so long for my current CD to be finished... (who am I kidding... I love putting pieces of the greater puzzle together! ;-)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,845
    ^--- me too, but again I have found some glaring errors on that site, and sometimes it is very slow for me.

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,530
    I also prefer Peeron to the alternatives - a much simpler, less cluttered place to be than Bricklink - but I have to agree that it's becoming increasingly out of date, unloved and at times unusably slow. It's a crying shame.

:-(
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,886
    ^^^^I think they fear a rivial starting up and so try and hoard infomation. Which is stupid as I think no one could do it better than bricklink and buying and selling parts. But it would be so nice if they could do something with Huw to link to brickset but I kno they have always said no. I think rebricktable as well gives you an idea of the number of parts in a way.

Maybe Brickset should try and do it, not sell parts but get users to create part lists for the sets. Be hard for bricklink to stop. As its free infomation.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,264
    Anyone know who owns/operates peeron and whether they'd be open to letting someone take it over?
  • tdhbrtdhbr Member Posts: 188
    edited March 2012
    First Lugnet started dying away... then we almost lost Brickshelf... and now Peeron is slow going...
    Potential for Brickset expansion?
  • Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I use toysperiod.com aswell as BrickLink.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,726
    I avoid toysperiod.com because it blatantly rips off media and inventories from other sources and claims them as its own by splashing watermarks over all the images.

Compare theirs with Bricklinks to see what I mean.
  • LeelaLeela Member Posts: 53
    What about basebrick.com? I like to keep a record of my sets and parts there too, in case sth happens to Peeron, but I don't know how accurate their inventories are. I also prefer Peeron to Bricklink, I can't get used to the latter.