Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Database entries for completed series of CMF

Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 943
edited March 2012 in The Database
Last year sometime I started a thread about the CMF Random bag entries, but recently I've realised that I completely mis-communicated what I was actually requesting. What I was hoping could be created are individual database entries for each series of CMF. So an entry for 8683 (Series 1) would contain 8683-1, 8683-2, and so on.

I think having 96 individual minifigures marked as 'owned' makes my collection look rather cluttered, and makes browsing my collection for quick reference a bit cumbersome. At the moment I have one random bag entry marked as owned for each series, as a surrogate for this type of entry. But the problem here is that my minifig collection doesn't reflect ownership of each completed series.

If this was implemented, then each series would have 1) A random bag entry, 2) A completed series entry, and 3) Individual minifigure entries. I'm sure a lot of folk are like having each individual minifigure marked as owned, so this would mean that everybody's preferences are catered to.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,465
    I remember your request, and it is something we can do, particularly now we have a means of relating sets together. I'll do it when I return from my holiday, unless someone beats me to it.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 943
    Great stuff, much appreciated :)
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    cue @DrDaveWatford pleading that should an entry be introduced it not be included in the theme completeness calculation, lest he go out and buy an additional complete series just to check the box off :)
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 360
    I like this idea Steve_J_OM! Sometimes when I go into the My Sets tab, I see that I have so many sets then realize that 96 of those are minifigs haha
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    I like the idea, especially as I'm about to complete my 2nd sealed set of S6 to go with the open sets of S5 & S6 and want to do one or two S5 sealed sets too. Maybe we should have sealed boxes of 60 on there. I'm curious do all boxes actually contain the same count of each of the 16 figures (eg: 3 of x,y & z; 4 of a,b &c)? I watched a box get opened at the Lego Store and didn't find a single Roman but lots of Skater Girls, Flamenco Dancers and Lady Liberties (I'd say close to 2/3 the box just those 3 easily identifiable ones)