Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Bug Hunt

bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
edited March 2012 in Photography/Video
Got hold of some of the Series 7 CMF's today & I just had to do this ...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blue-moose/6876033666/

Technical stuff - black paper underneath & behind; single halogen desk lamp to provide lighting (room lights switched off); a black piece of card handheld to mask the background paper from the light (it looked grey otherwise) and a white piece of card handheld to reflect light into the front fig's face (other wise his face was in shadow). My darling wife then triggered the remote the shutter release (my hands being busy holding the mask & reflector). Canon dSLR & 100mm macro lens (1/6th second, f5.0, ISO800). Processed through Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) & Photoshop CS5 - cropped, colour corrected, levels, local contrast enhancement, resampled to 1200x1200 & dust/pollen cloned out. Exported as a jpeg (80% quality).

Comments

• littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    Gorgeous photo.

I am so jealous. I want these now!!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    Is the background one a 2nd figure? How far were they from the background. BG might have been too close to the light source compared to the subject in order to black it out from exposure. Very cool shot.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    edited March 2012
    Yes, it's a second figure. The background was only about 8 inches away, but that's cool .... I would have built a card 'snoot' for the lamp if I was going to take any more photos tonight, which would have sorted the background issue too.

Thank you :-)
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    i don't think I can hold out from buying a macro lens much longer
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    ^ you'll need to buy a can of compressed air & a fine paint brush at the same time; keeping these little fellows clear of dust, fluff, pollen, etal is a full time job.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,228
    Great pic and great minifig, although I wish the armour had been sand green....
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,670
    The fig looks even better close-up. Great shot, really atmospheric. Can't wait to see what people MOC for these, or if they infiltrate their way into the main system themes. (City Forest Rapid Response Animal Control Patrol?).
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,287
    I think that figure is about as close as you're going to get to Lego Halo.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Nice! Great photo and can't wait to get this fella now.
  • JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
    Nice photo :D