Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Modifying the 4431 Ambulance

ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
edited March 2012 in Building and Techniques
So I took advantage of the Target $15 ambulance and got http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=4431-1. Nice set but the feel of it is just a bit off ..... I don't like the way the back opens, the overall length nor how tall it is.

I like some of the features of the older one http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7890-1 but again it's not 100% there ;) I like in it the short front and the doors from the back. Unfortunately it feels a bit short...

This gets me to my point: I'm stuck: I've toyed with some ideas that were more or less the merge of the two but I just can't get it right. I don't have much of a vision at this moment as to what I want to get to so if any of you have variations of ambulances similar to either and could post some ideas for me that'd be great :D

Thanks...

Comments

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Just before the 2012 one was announced, I made an Ambulance using the Police Prisoner Transport with the blue plates modified to red, side doors changed to windows and a brick and custom stickers. I'll try and dig it out for you later and grab a pic.
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    That would be great. One of variations that I tried and liked interestingly enough came from the Police Prisoner Transport :)