Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Video Entry for KC LDC Junior Construction Panel

harrelmusicharrelmusic Member Posts: 65
edited March 2012 in Photography/Video
Yesterday my oldest son and I had a great time making this video with him sharing some of his favorite things about LEGO -- his favorite sets, custom builds, modifications of sets, favorite LEGO designers, etc...

We used the same music as the LEGO Designer videos (which is a royalty-free Apple Loop that comes on every Mac computer -- it's called Gelato in case you were wondering) and tried to make it feel like those videos. If you have :90 seconds and wouldn't mind giving it a watch I'm sure he would love knowing a lot of people have seen it!

The prize is a year-long membership to Kansas City's new Legoland Discovery Center (which means it'll actually cost me money as I'll HAVE to buy membership for myself and my other son at least!) and some other special stuff. We're hoping to win, but the fun part was making the video for sure. I asked him questions and he talked about all those sets you see and more for a long time, then I trimmed it down to fit the length of the requirements.

Thanks in advance for watching,

Shawn

Comments

• RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,718
    Great video and the best of luck with the compeition.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    Great job capturing a similar style as the LEGO videos. Good luck!
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    awesome!!!
  • harrelmusicharrelmusic Member Posts: 65
    Thanks to all! I've shared your comments with Evan. ;-)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    Loved it! I enjoy watching your LEGO related videos such as the minifigure one. Awesome job and good luck in the competition.
  • PepperPepper Wisconsin, USAMember Posts: 91
    Very good video! Good luck in the competition!
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    Very well done with the video editing and great job by your son...I like his creations too...good luck!
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    Nice, he's got some nice microbuilds and robots going on there! Good luck!
  • harrelmusicharrelmusic Member Posts: 65
    Update -- Evan was selected as one of the members of the Junior Construction Panel. As you can imagine he's pretty excited. Next week he'll get to go to a special event for press and be there for the grand opening ceremony and get to "inspect" the Miniland. Like a dream come true for him! I'm sure I'll take some pictures and video while we're there so I might try to share them here.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    edited April 2012
    Wow congrats Evan!
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    cool!
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,718
    Well done him