Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Buy One, Get One 50% Off 3/25 - 3/31 at Toys R Us

Comments

• mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    ^ Alright, I'm in for 2 GE. Using some of the tax return. I'm officially in on the modular world. My plan is to hold on to both for a few months to see what happens and possibly flip one or the other.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    I actually got very lucky, I stopped checking for almost 7 hours since it was last restocked, and just came back to the website only to refresh the page a couple times and see the little stock bubble go from a grey X to a green check mark.

I do check often, though. Now that I realized the e-mail notification will only notify you when the bogo sale is done. I guess its a mix of luck and persistence. Anyone still trying to get something, TRU restocks almost everyday during a bogo. Today they restocked GE twice. It is a matter of being online at the time of the restock. If you have time to kill, you can keep refreshing the page, but I would wait 6-8 hours after these sets do go as it will most likely take some time for any restock to take place. Save your cc info or use paypal and it will drastically cut down on the checkout time, I got my GEs in about 30 seconds from adding them to my cart.

That's a wise decision @mathew, you should feel happy about your purchase. They will probably take more than a few months to appreciate though, they are not EOL'd yet.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    20 minutes later, GE is still there. Come on lurkers, you can do better!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,397
    Couldn't help myself and bought 2 more.
    ^ We'll see if the wife agrees ; ). I'll have to re-explain to her that it's an investment that we can and will make money back on.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    What the?! The only modular that sits in stock for a while and I don't need it.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    ^ Sounds scummy. :o)

(just kidding)
    ^ xD
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Ah! So annoying that PS is out when GE is back.

Thanks @Dougout!
    ^ Probably scummy not telling the wife first. As long as I can re-sell one for at least what I paid for it, I'll be happy.
  • parkerwilsonparkerwilson Member Posts: 142
    edited March 2012
    twice today 2x Ge have been in my cart but couldn't get through checkout fast enough. Stupid slow 3g internet at work

On top of that I actually had to do some work for 20 minutes and couldn't hit F5 like I have been doing all day :)
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    I'm hoping that Fire Brigade, Tower Bridge or the Maersk Train pop up soon.
    Looks like the GE is out again :)
    Continuing to clock these, looks like GE lasted about 20 minutes.

Same @Renny, waiting for the Tower Bridge and Fire Brigade. Another pet shop or two wouldn't hurt either.
    ^ I have a feeling that Fire Brigade is gone, at least from TRU. There's a chance a few are still out in the wild at RRP, but it's been OOS for awhile now.
    ^Have the same feeling, but still holding onto a thin thread of hope. Small possibility it comes back one last time.
  • mikersoftmikersoft Member Posts: 57
    Arrrgh.. I keep missing these :(
    Had a PS in my cart this morning, but couldn't add the GE... then it went out of stock again.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    TB back in stock. @Renny
    ^Thanks for the heads-up.

It's gone. 40 minutes, not bad.
    ^And yet somehow I still missed it even though I was one of the first to know. Don't ask me how I did..
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Anyone getting confirmations? Ordered a couple GE's today but no confirmation.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    Received my sets today...ordered first thing Sunday morning.
  • ptericpteric Member Posts: 156
    got order conformation at 12:59 for 2xTB
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Shuttle Expedition is back in stock. Nothing I really want to pair it with though.
  • PlayftlPlayftl Member Posts: 178
    just got 2x diagon alley 20mins ago, missed out on 2x tb because I hesitated :(
  • stephenvwstephenvw Lexington, KYMember Posts: 89
    Anyone getting confirmations? Ordered a couple GE's today but no confirmation.
    Yes, I ordered GE and got an order confirmation shortly after.

missed out on 2x tb because I hesitated :(
    Same.
  • jawapezjawapez Member Posts: 15
    MMV in stock
    TRU says that it's in stock but it won't allow me to add it to my cart...
    1 tower bridge in stock, oh boy
    ^ yeah right.... there's one in stock for everyone. TRU is doing something funky...
    ^ Yep that sucks
    Great, looks like I'm not going to get my two GE's :/
    ^ Don't worry, the same thing happened to me when I checked out with PS. Thankfully I made it in time to get 2 GE's.
    Same here. Took awhile but I received confirmation on both my orders. Odd thing though, I received 2 separate shipping confirmations for my first order of 2 pet shops. Not sure why they are being shipped separately.
    ^ Last TRU BOGO I bought 2 8043's and they sent 2 separate shipping confirmations and both were shipped separately. When I received them they were both in a box big enough to fit both of them.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    Of all the things I ordered, I am strangely excited about the Forest Police Station. This is a set I would have overlooked in the store but with the extra discount stacking with the BOGO, I couldn't resist.

Definitely one of the best things about sales is discovering the joy in sets you normally would have passed.
    TRU says that it's in stock but it won't allow me to add it to my cart...
    That means they are basically sold out, but it hasn't updated it's 'out of stock' bubble. Happened to me a bunch of times, I think their software is double checking whether all the orders went through and if they really are sold out. Got my 4 Pet Shops today (well I haven't opened them but I think they are the PS) and I ordered them Tuesday night. Got all my e-mail confirmations for the other Grand Emporiums and Tower Bridges I ordered, so I expect everything will show up fine.

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Not sure why they are being shipped separately.
    Just the way Toys R Us works. Everything I've ordered from them has been in pairs and each item always comes in its own box (if the set is big enough) and is given its own shipping confirmation with 1 item total.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,285
    I'm just hoping I either catch PS in stock this week, or the next BOGO they will have (knowing TRU it will not take too long) will see those in stock again.
    Just hope they do not limit those to one next time as it appears you can add two of those into the cart

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,285
    edited March 2012
    Not sure why they are being shipped separately.
    Just the way Toys R Us works. Everything I've ordered from them has been in pairs and each item always comes in its own box (if the set is big enough) and is given its own shipping confirmation with 1 item total.

I'm guessing that TRU pays a discount via UPS IF the total package weight is 'x' or less and that it is somehow cheaper to send each in its own box instead of paying a weight penalty... just a guess though

^ All of the "very big" sets I have ever ordered from TRU shipped separately. The forest police station, however, shipped with the heavy lift helicopter and the new dump truck.
    I've ordered several items from Toys R Us this week and got separate shipping confirmations for every single set. It may cost more for Toys R Us, but if it get's me my sets in MISB condition with no wear or tear, I'm all for it! Not like I'm paying any extra for them to use two boxes instead of one... they are the ones taking the hit here.
    edited March 2012
    Tower Bridge is back in stock at TRU... but apparently there is only one in stock. What a cruel trick TRU....
    Strange that I went through the whole checkout with credit card and emptied my cart but still didn't get it -- not even a cancellation email. :/
    ^In regards to the TB?
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Has anyone had much luck finding stuff in store? The sale applies there too, right?

Just wondering because the closest TRU is a bit of a drive, but I might go over and check it out just for the heck of it.
    @iccarus,
    I went to my local TRU and they had a packed store of LEGO. Only thing not on the shelves were the "hard to find sets" (which I was looking for), and the Unimog and Excavator of Technic. Otherwise, it looked like TRU had just gotten in a fresh shipment, there was so much Lego.

Yes, the sale applies in store as well, same exclusions apply.
    ^^ in regards to GE.

The stock in all the stores is not good -- at least for the sets we are looking for most. I've been to about 5 of them.