Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2012 Jambalaya exchange (US)

Comments

• andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Pics of In & Out of X2 posted ...
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    oh btw i finally got pics on flickr... thanks to mcdonalds wifi in the south bronx and realizing it works in IE even if it gives me hell in firefox...

Wish everyone could have been there when Brian got his bag =-)
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 818
    @murphquake: Wish I was there when I got my bag! It was surreal and a highlight for sure of my time in the LEGO community.

Spent a good amount of time going through the box, organizing it somewhat more than it was before, going through my collection to see what I can place in the box and photographing everything. Sending a PM to Rocao to get his address so I can ship this bad boy off tomorrow!
    Not bad: I got the box LATE Friday night and I'm shipping it out early Tuesday morning (hopefully).

The round started back at the end of March and it will complete the journey back across the USA at end of July. GO US! Everyone give yourselves a pat on the back, excellent job.

And THANKS again for the awesome gesture of kindness towards me. It won't ever be forgotten. As a result, I'm not sure what I put in the box will ever be enough to say thanks.
    I went through the Jambalaya Box and came across a flash drive. Any idea what is on it? I'm thinking it is the LDD directions for the MOC you guys collected parts for? Or addresses?
  • brickriverbrickriver Member Posts: 27
    Hi how do I join the jambalaya? or if its to late can I be a part of the second round?
    @bmwlego, it's a reader for a micro sdhc memory card... i got a similar one with one of my cards a few years back, very handy. I use mine to move stuff from my blackberry to and from computers without a cable or flash drive port (though using in a full size SD card adapter is fastest in my experience

No objection to @brickriver joining X2 here, anyone else? or is anyone interested in another round? I'd like to do one where I end up somewhere in the middle not the two ends.
    Thanks @murphquake. Mystery solved.

Hello Ginger!
    @brickriver is very nice, a part of NELUG! I certainly would have no objection ...
    @murphquake asks in the Flickr stream ... "who loves gold lattice windows? heres a hundred or two hundred more... "

If nobody on X1's remaining route (or @rocao doesn't mind) needs or wants them, I'd gladly pay the shipping for someone to send them to me -- I have 120 or more arches but no screens for them!

Cheers!
  • kkskks Member Posts: 60
    I received X2 yesterday, should go out in a day or so
  • brclark82brclark82 Member Posts: 217
    Looks like some pretty neat stuff you guys are getting/putting in the boxes...this was a pretty sweet idea!
    @andyscourse wanna trade some arches for a whole bunch of windows? PM me ;-)

@andyscourse wanna trade some arches for a whole bunch of windows? PM me ;-)

By arches, I mean the arched windows (that the screens go in). I'll PM in any case ...

Sent box 1 to Rocao this morning. In the larger box it would have cost me $33 but I was able to barely fit everything inside a lg flat rate box and it shipped cross country for $15.45.

Thanks again to all who helped me with my stolen MOC.
    wow! flat rate boxes FTW... I was at the SHOT show in Vegas in 2005 when they were new and sent back pound after pound of brochures and catalogs and swag for $7.70 a box... for 35 bucks I mailed like 50lbs of crap back =-)

@Rocao, I can't you'll have to put up a final pic of what came back to you so we can compare it to the original box you sent out..
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,302
    @murphquake,

I keep volunteering to start a box :) IF anyone wants to get a round 3 going?
  • MontyKensicleMontyKensicle Member Posts: 59
    I'm game!
    X3 ... yay! I know @BrickRiver would most assuredly be "in"!
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    I'm curious about the final contents of Box 1! Would be awesome to have before and after photos.
    Me too @littletoki :) Box would prob come to you first too. You game?
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 474
    I'll join for box 3!
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    edited July 2012
    Hmm... deciding whether or not I would like to join #3. I don't have many spare or cool parts/extra sets available, but would love to try this out.

I could just get some grab bags, but then I would feel cheap.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 589
    I'd go for a 3rd box.
    Questions/Comments:

1: Are Canadians allowed to enter?

2: If the 3 box goes all the way down the list, will it start from the beginning again, or does the box "starter" get to keep the remaining parts from the box?

3: What if you get the box, but nothing really interests you. Is is okay to just leave everything as it is and mail it on to the next member? (I promise I won't do this if I do end up participating. Just curious. )

4: Is a large collection of sets required to participate? Like I mentioned above, I don't have much spare things laying around, but I can go out to the LEGO store and get an exclusive Canada Keychains or two and some Grab Bags. Or maybe go out to TRU and pick some polys up.

5. Do parts have to be new and unused? Of course parts have to be clean and not like the stuff you find on CL with some goo and hair stuck between the studs.

That is it for now. Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.
    One more, what happens if the box gets lost in the middle of the trip? Will the box be sent with insurance and tracking/signature?
    @LegobrandonCP

Answers for ya :)

1. I would say yes, but it also depends on where you are on the list and who the person is who has to pay the postage to ship to you. If I get to start the #3 box, I would be willing to pay the shipping but that means you will be #2, 3 or 4 maybe.

2. It goes back to the person who started it. IF they want to restart the box, that is up to them and the group.

3. You aren't required to take stuff out. IF you don't take something out, you don't have to put anything in.

4. Large collections aren't required :) It's kinda like the old saying {One man's trash is another man's treasure" Those "common" bricks may be what someone was looking for a MOC. You never know! :)

5. I say no, they don't have to be new or used, just no dirty , filthy, faded, really scratched up bricks please.

6 That I am not sure of. When I mailed box 1 to the person next on the list, I automaically did this.

Hope these answers helped you out. If you have anymore, you can post them here or PM me and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

~Michelle
  • kkskks Member Posts: 60
    edited July 2012
    Box #2 was sent on its way to @MontyKensicle today. I will upload the in and out photos tomorrow.
    Ok so I have 5 people on the list so far for box #3.....any more takers?
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    I'm game
  • allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    I'm in for #3 too.
    you know im game for X3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@LegoBrandonCP, just my opinions on your questions:
    1: Sure but we charge you double for everything because we think your funny money is worthless ;-)
    2: Box returns to the starter each time, who is of course free to do as they please including starting another trip around.
    3: That's your prerogative. A few people in X1 didn't take much. Hard to imagine, the X1 & X2 boxes had great stuff!
    4: I intentionally grabbed lots of grab bags and polys knowing that I had the boxes coming, check the flickr, see anything you would have liked? Exclusive Keychains are a great idea, NYC has I <3 NY minifig keychains and magnets at the Rockefeller Center store (the heart is actually a couple of bricks in the pic =-)
    5. used but loved is fine for me... if i don't like the condition of something it can stay in the box.... some great parts aren't easy to find new, and all lego is meant to be used =-D
    6. I sent X2 which was pretty small as I was 2nd person to get it, just used USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation... but if I wasn't passing X1 direct on to @bmwlego I probably would have considered insurance, there was a lot of lego, at least a several dozens of dollars worth, maybe a few hundred?

@littletoki @jadedanc go beat up @rocao if we don't get before and after pics... i'm not only the client i'm the LEGO president!

@jadedanc, X3 me please... I'd like to suggest that we change up the order to something a bit more random, unless we feel the savings on postage are worth going semi geographically? I saved by only mailing one box, the little one, so I don't mind a little more to put some variation in the game.
    @murphquake I figured as much but i didnt want to assume. Oh do you still have those cabs polybags? And what is this about keychain and magnet exclusives?? You never mentioned those to me :P I totally forgot between surgery and my father passing. :( Healing decently from surgery but they made me come in Mon & Tues (3 wks early) now my surgeon thinks because of that, I may have injured or tore my MCL in left knee. Ugh!!!

I like random myself too. It may add what, a couple dollars and maybe a day or two to shipping times. I think it's no big deal, but I will leave it to all the peeps in on box #3. So everyone, which would you rather, a randomness mailing or follow a map? (I will have an address sheet in there for y'all to have addresses of the others in group. Also when you choose who to mail to, please either remove or scratch out their address off sheet)
    Thanks for the answers @murphquake. I'm getting sucked in... I want to do this (Note: Not final decision)! I would love to get a NY Magnet and Keychain. lol
  • sas0214sas0214 USAMember Posts: 28
    My husband and I would like to be included in the X3, if it is still open
    I would love to grab one of those NYC taxi polybags if they are still available.
  • MontyKensicleMontyKensicle Member Posts: 59
    Box 2 arrived yesterday. I'll be making my inclusions tomorrow after work then it should be back out by Saturday at the latest.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 674
    I'm interested in joining in for a new round if it gets off the ground.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    edited July 2012
    I can probably do Box 3 as well but I will need to be 2nd last on the list or close to it. Just really busy for the next few weeks/months.
    PM sent @littletoki & @GIR3691
    edited July 2012
    Ok, so far I have:

1. Jadeirene
    2. MontyKensicle
    3. SirBen
    4. andyscouse
    5. Brickriver
    6. allmybricks
    7. sas0214
    8. GIR3691
    9. littletoki
    10. murphquake
    And myself, of course :)

Am I missing anyone??
  • USMCYodzUSMCYodz USAMember Posts: 94
    I would join and participate...
    PM me for taxi polys, CRP & JD I got you both. Actually email better cause i can reply from my BB.... murphquakeATTTTTTTTgmailDOTcom
    For those wondering about the I <3 NY magnet & keychain this is the magnet: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=853317-1 and they also have keychains... don't recall the price offhand... maybe 6 bucks or so? I'm working only a couple minutes away in Manhattan tonight but I get off at 6am so I probably won't be at the store tomorrow. The magnet has a growing army of 1 penny friends from the TRU Bricktober series (have 3/4 of them, no forestman yet, but have gotten at least 2 of the ninja girl/spaceman/castle soldier so I opened one of each)
    @murphquake Did you get my PM or email?? :) Haven't heard back from ya yet
    After thinking long and hard, I've decided, I'M IN! :)
    edited July 2012
    @LegobrandonCP

^^ YAH!!!
    Are these boxes still moving? I have not seen an update about where they are in a while. I'm excited to see #2
    @CurvedRoadPlate
    Box #3 will be leaving very shortly, just gotta get up to Lego store prob on Thurs and see if any of the new polybags are up there to put in the box

So if ANYONE wants to be added to box #3, just PM me and I will get you added to the list :)
    @jadedanc Are you posting an order for X3 on how and where it will go on its travels? Excited to participate in another, and I know @brickriver will be too! That being said, we *may* only have just sorted our LUGBulk orders by then!
    @andyscouse Hey, we accept all forms of payment, as long as they are Lego brand :))