Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2012 Jambalaya exchange (US)

Comments

• murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Meeting @bmwlego at the Queens Center Mall Lego Store in a couple hours to start the X2 box on its way... Busy weekend so probably won't do much til Tuesday (I work 10pm-10am the next 3 nights)
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    ^ Sounds good!
  • MontyKensicleMontyKensicle Member Posts: 59
    Received it the post today along with my soldering iron and stand plus some SkullCandy ear-buds I received for free because of a messed up order.

First I must say, wow! It's jam packed with loads of goodies all of which I want! It'll be tough figuring out what I want most, especially your C.M.F.s @Yellowcastle.

How much of it would you guys be comfortable with me taking without replacing? :D And what would be a fair swap for a keychain and a brick separator?

Also on top of everything else a friend unloaded some orphaned kittens and I'm going to a friend's graduation ceremony tomorrow so it might be longer than usual for it to head back out.
  • KulshanGirlKulshanGirl Member Posts: 67
    Hey all! I would like to bow out of the second box if that's okay. Busy months ahead and inventory of loose stuff is low since I'm trying to put a few sets back together that I chucked in the bucket :)
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Where's the box right now?
    I have a few more things I'd like to add, but the box will be headed out this Monday.
    I have the X2 box and finally a day off to do something with it (and some fresh PAB pieces from Queens & Jersey Gardens, maybe Rockefeller when I get off work in a few hours too?
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    @murphquake HURRY up already!!! :) Having box withdrawals big time!!
    @murphquake - Looking fwd to the box too (or is that 'two'??)

What order is it taking? Looking at the tail end of the list, it shows:

18. kks: MD (x2)
    19. andyscouse: MA (x2)
    20. murphquake: NY (x2) - Box 2 En Route
    21. bmwlego: NY (x2)
    22. pcirone: NY (x2)

so when it leaves you, is it going to the other NYers or to me?
    Also - the boxes are getting very close to each other now ...
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ it's supposed to go to you, Brian started it and pcirone is MIA last I heard. PM Bill your address.
    edited June 2012
    ^ I was hoping so -- and details are sent ... so I should get two in quick succession -- good job I have a stop for a PaB break on Wednesday!
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    These boxes need an interactive map tracking system - like Santa's sleigh.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,914
    These boxes need an interactive map tracking system - like Santa's sleigh.
    Do one of those Google map things where you plot down the location of the box when it arrives. Kinda what a user did for tracking the availability of CMFs across the globe. :)
    After some zen packing and a little swearing at the USPS website, box one was sent out this afternoon.
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    If timed right these boxes could pass each other in the mail.
    @LegobrandonCP That is an AWESOME idea!!!
  • kkskks Member Posts: 60
    Received box 1 today, have not yet opened it but is fairly heavy :) I will get it back out by Friday or Saturday at the latest.
  • kkskks Member Posts: 60
    Box 1 is going out today. I gave up trying to fit everything into the regional priority box after 4 attempts, ended up putting the whole regional box in a bigger box. I figure if enough stuff is removed the regional box can be used again.
    ^ Looking fwd to it!! Yay, huzzah, et cetera ...
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    Wow!!! We're down to the final Four now for the first box. We started back around March 26th... it's June 23rd.

3 months for 19 people - I think that's pretty good time!
    Box #1 has arrived! Went home at lunchtime to take a quick peek, and there looks to be some nice goodies therein! Will sort through it in the next day or so. Of course, according to NORAID (or our Lego-tracking equivalent), #2 is also en-route to me ... so I need to ensure that never the twain should meet.
    If this wifi will remain friendly enough I'm about to post pics of the first round of swaps for X2, which I'll send out to @andyscouse tomorrow. Just want to let everyone know that even though I stuck the things in the box it's actually @bmwlego and the rest of I LUG NY's awesome relation with the Lego Store here in Queens that facilitated me getting a handful of the monthly build lawnmower sets to put in, we were ripping them into our PAB cups so I repatriated 2 sets for people that want the parts and have 3 still in their bags for anyone who wants to collect them. I am however being a grinch and didn't put in the 2 extra dk bley cheese slopes when i built the lawnmowers & deconstructed them to add them, so if you're desperate for spare cheese you should take the bagged one =-D Also, I'm being stingy on minifig legs... I've been denying non-printed BAM Bar parts and had more torsos/heads/hair/hats than legs so for the sailors and mad scientists you gotta BYOL! (all white for the sailor, white hips & black legs for the mad scientist, but do whatever you like). Will post the pix, looking forward to the feeding frenzy =-)
    -bill
    ^ Looking fwd to it!
    and me as well!
    AMAZING NEWS! I actually went to the post office and mailed the box! Yes! Really! Grandmaster Procrastinator himself! Also got a big batch of mf legs to throw in at the Lego Store on my way there =-) Now on it's way to Massachusetts is X2 itself! I did forget to put in the secret surprise i have for @jadedanc but i'll take care of that and it will skip 19 steps. The box cost only $6.80 to ship priority with delivery confirmation for now, but it's packed... saved a few goodies for the original box... so when are we doing X3? Transatlantic?
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    How are you able to buy bulk minifig parts at your Lego store? I always see the minifigs sold as 3 complete figs with a tool in a snap together blister pack for $9
    I would eventually like to start a box (hint, hint lol) since I came up with idea ;) I know for me, not soon enough lol
    edited June 2012
    The X2 box is now also with me!! So, both are here (although to be safe, the X1 box is at my work, and X2 at home), A historic moment indeed! Box X2 has some nice goodies as promised by @murphquake ...
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 793
    Should be hitting NY shortly then. Would be awesome if Box 1 came to @murphquake early next week so when we meet up at the Queens store it can be handed off to me this Friday (Hint Hint).
    ^ I'm thinking X1 will be on its way Monday ... but not before a historic picture showing both boxes in one place is taken!
    sounds good to me @andyscouse and i'm glad to see the handsome @bmwlego anytime ;-) What I really wanna see is the epic 2 box pic.
    Here is that historic picture - X1 is on the left, X2 on the right:

Posting off X1 today ...
    X1 is now heading for the Empire State ...
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^^Wow, looks like Big Brother meets Little Brother. Can't wait for X2 to head back my way!
    ^ Yep, that's what I thought too! X2 has some great goodies in it, and I wouldn't be surprised if it grows too!
    Thanks for the pic Andy. X2 will grow as well I am sure. I packaged what I thought would be cool for others to get that I also had spares of. Enjoy!
    ^Is there a cleaned-up list of the X2 recipients?
    edited July 2012
    @bmwlego Oh, undoubtedly - already I see very nice elements in there!! I have a few goodies to replace them with though, and as for size, not sure if it'll fit in the same box ...
    ^^ @BrickDancer -- it's those that do not have (X2) after their name (or do not have a strikeout through their name).
    X1 is in my possession, but me and @bmwlego can't meet til next week. Already picked out a big batch of toys and have lots of fun stuff to put in. Glad I ended up with more than 1 day to sort it all out =-)

Last call for @pcirone? Has anyone heard from this guy? his profile says he was active yesterday but no posts or contact, have sent a message and i think Brian has too
    -bill
    ^^Thanks for clarifying that @andyscouse! Bad news is I'm soo far away from X2, like 11 or 12 away. I miss the jambalaya box =(
    ^ Ah yes, @BrickDancer, but just imagine how happy you'll be once it *does* arrive!
    ^I'm also imagining how big it'll be by the time it does teehee =)
    X2 will be sent out on Thursday ...
    x1 has been handed off to @bmwlego.... and the gig is up he learned our dark secret =-D
    WOW! I was floored last night in the LEGO Store when Bill handed off Box 1! Seriously, I was almost moved to tears-OK my eyes did tear up but they did NOT run down my face!

After having that Teal Spaceship "removed" from our display at the FLL Event in NYC I thought I'd never see that ship again. I also thought I'd never build it again because I used nearly all my elements of that teal color.

Bill made sure I opened the box in front of him and the first thing I saw was the bag with my name on it. I opened that and couldn't believe my eyes. The envelope inside was awesome (the element/inventory I'd need to rebuild the ship were printed up and updated with the parts that the Brickest Jambalayers added to the bag-you guys thought of everything-EVEN sending Thomas Jefferson along in the box to help out the cause!

I arrived back home after 10 so I haven't had the chance to go through the rest of the box but I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who (like LEGO themselves) went above and beyond to make sure I can rebuild my Teal Spaceship!

Thank you to the following Brickset Jambalayers who have taken time out to help ensure I can recreate my stolen MOC. I'm pretty sure this is all who took part. If I left anyone off I am sorry.

@rocao, @Yellowcastle, @sidersdd, @dougts, @fyrmedhatt, @MontyKensicle, @allmybricks, @jocappy, @BrickDancer, @Jenni, @kks, @KulshanGirl, @littletoki, @aimlesspursuits, @graphite, @CurvedRoadPlate, @jadedanc, @murphquake, @SirBen, @andyscouse

Thank you all!
  • maesterjaymaesterjay Member Posts: 71
    @bmwlego it's a Lego miracle, it really goes to show you yet again that there's no people like Lego people... these kinds of stories are the best way to start your day, thanks!
    @maesterjay
    Agreed! There's no people like LEGO People!
    MorkMan
    Indeed!

And in more pleasant Lego news ... X2 is back on its way to @kks!