Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2012 Jambalaya exchange (US)

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    ^ I really had no plans to take much out. My point was exactly the opposite of your example. The box is overflowing. If I take out one $5 part and try to put back in 100 parts they aren't going to fit. It wasn't a fairness thing, it was a comment on the fact the box can barely be packed right now.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Take a whole bunch of stuff!!! It's fun I tell ya!

Is it really that stuffed? Awesome! Only 3234342 more stops til NYC, right?
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    What size box is it in right now? We could always just get a bigger box :P
    If it's currently a USPS flat rate box, I'm fairly sure that we could use a non USPS box and still have priority shipping cost less than the flat-rate.
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    I sent it out in a Priority Medium Flat Rate box. It was going to cost more to ship in the original box because it was going farther and it was a little bit heavier. $14 vs $11. Just an FYI.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    I can just see it now. The box finally returns to @rocao - who opens the door, sees the box and asks himself, "Hmmm, did I buy a UCS Star Destroyer and forgot about it?"

Nope, just the Jambalaya coming home. Heehee.

Take stuff out, people!
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    edited April 2012
    the moral of this story thus far is an awesome one - we are a generous and sharing group of people!

Maybe @rocao will have to send the same package around a 2nd time, with the instructions on the 2nd go around being that people can ONLY remove items, not put anything back in, starting with him.
    edited April 2012
    Lol. Some of you I think just needed to refrain a bit on the "adding" part. If this already completely fills a medium priority box thats just crazy. I had an order of ~1700 parts from bricklink that didn't even take up an entire priority box.
    Maybe @rocao will have to send the same package around a 2nd time, with the instructions on the 2nd go around being that people can ONLY remove items, not put anything back in, starting with him.
    LOL. I can see it now.

"What I took out..." a photo is posted on the flickr group of 1 lone 2x4 brick.

But, a pretty interesting idea, @dougts.

• fyrmedhattfyrmedhatt Member Posts: 128
    It's on the way to Iowa, and yes it's a pretty full medium sized flat rate box, I could probably fit maybe three more polybags after trying to pack it as well as possible. Right now it has a good variation of normal bricks and pieces, sets (mostly polys), and minifigs, I'm sure everyone will find something interesting to take out...

Photos will come tomorrow as I'm currently out of my apartment due to an emergency repair.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    This is AWESOME!! Exactly how I envisioned it :) Thanxs guys/gals!!
    After I saw @bmwlego's older group's flickr I kinda got the idea this would run similarly and it seems to be doing just that, all thanks to @jadedanc ;-)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    Wow, you guys sound amazing! Awesome generosity, I want to share too! Pleeeease send your box over the pond to us UK peeps (i.e. me. I'm next to last on our list...).
    We'll send you ours if you send us yours... :-)
    ^ I'd be fine with that! And willing to chip in for the postage. :D
    I'm still in favor of cross pond pollination of the Jambalaya boxes as well
    Me too :) Have we started our second box yet? Was I still starting it or what?
    The box has arrived. Will go through it tonight and send it out to @curvedroadplate in the morning.
    Ok pics uploaded. Mine wasn't too exciting. I upgraded the box to something slightly bigger than the priority box. It's weighing in at 5lbs 1 oz. Normal priority shipping is still less than the flat rate cost (even more so with the online price). Anyone can feel free to go back to a flat rate box if they want.
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    I have recieved the box, removed a few things, added a few things and will be sending the box out Monday. Pictures here- https://secure.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/with/7001173114/
    edited May 2012
    @jadedanc: pcirone was going to start the 2nd box. He's at the bottom of the list for the 1st box, and the 2nd box is going to traverse up the list.
    @rocao k
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    I also agree that it should go across the pond. I started the UK one, so wondering what makes most sense. Do I get the UK one back then send it across and receive the US one for first dibs? In my mind that's fair...but only coz I'm dying to get the box!
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    I think sending the box back and forth between the US/UK would still be cool too.
    Same here!! I would love for the UK one to come over here :)
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    I've already volunteered to mail it, so if the last person on the list doesn't want to send it to the UK they can send it back to me and I will.
    Has anyone talked to @pcirone recently?
    edited May 2012
    The box is on the way to Illinois. It's been a crazy week so I wasn't able to kick it out as fast as I'd like. Thanks @littletoki for the afro mini fig hair.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 574
    The Jambalaya Box has landed in IL. I should be able to get it turned around and posted on Monday.

Now if only I can find that box of Primo, Bionicle and Jack Stone pieces that I set aside...
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 793
    Agreed @murphquake- I haven't heard from @pcirone yet regarding the back end Jambalaya starting off. Let's see if he responds to this and if not I'll send him a private message to see if he still wants to start off the back end. If not then I'll do the honors.
    @bmwlego, i've got 500 gold window grates ready to go for it ;-) (4 grab bags from Rockefeller, 2 sorted, 2 to go + 2 from QCM =-)

so seriously does anyone have a use for a bunch of those windows?

@SirBen hahahaha!
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=30046&in=S oops meant to add this... these are the grated windows
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    edited May 2012
    @murphquake ... actually, I need 124 of them!!!

I have that many arches, but no screens! (Grab bag from several weeks ago)
    I've uploaded photos and will be shipping the box tomorrow.
    I'll definitely be putting quite a few in the X2 box when it starts take all you want, i could live with a few arches for them
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Looking forward to receiving the box next.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Has the 2nd box been started yet? The 1st round was great fun already, itching for another turn.
    I mentioned earlier that I could start but I haven't heard a yes/no on the idea.. anyone else hear,

@rocao do you know about second box yet?
    For those who haven't received the 1st box yet, and for starting the 2nd box, I easily packed the items into a Priority Mail Regional Rate Box™ B1, which is slightly smaller than the Large Flat Rate Box, but postage was $10 less that the flat rate box would have been. The Regional Rate boxes can be ordered for free from https://www.usps.com/send/priority-mail-regional-rate.htm and you can have them delivered free of charge.
    I can get a box together if pcirone doesn't. If murphquake makes it to the I LUG NY meeting Saturday and IF I have time to do so before Saturday I can hand it off to him. In not, then I can get a box set up and sent to him next weekend.
    @bmwlego that's ALOT of IFs, so does that mean you gonna add an IF to the box? If so, me first on list to receive box!!!!! Lol
    Yeah, between fatherly responsibilities, going to the LEGO store and work, I'm not 100% certain I can get a box started by Saturday nor am I sure if murphquake plans on attending the meeting Saturday.
    @bmwlego: pcirone hasn't logged on in over a week, so I'm ok with the plan that you outlined. If he chimes in before the box leaves the east coast, we can include him.
    @bmwlego I'd like to come saturday but it's not very likely since I get off work at 10 and will take quite a while to get there (and for me get off work is HIGHLY subjective, got off at 1:45 on Monday and I get off at 10 then too =-o ). Of course we can meet up any other time to do the first switch instead of mailing it, can always be worked out.
    I have the 1st box now. Will try and get my trade done by Saturday.
    ^ I can't come get it, it would have worked out so well but bitty girl has a sleepover birthday party Friday night. Sorry, would have liked to, I'm missing your children's museum :).
    Sorry for the delay. It's on the way to you Jenni. My kids had a blast exchanging items. It was funny because it turned into a huge swap meet for all of us. My son wanted the Jack Sparrow fig and offered up a CMF Hazmat fig. But I wanted the Hazmat guy, so I had to exchange with something. I added a CMF Hockey player, which my daughter subsequently wanted. It never occurred to us that we could have done all this exhanging without the jambalWe had piles of exchanges all over the place. It was fun. I'll post pics later of what we took and what we placed.
    ^ that's awesome, so much fun. Thanks, looking forward to it
    edited May 2012
    Pics posted to the group on Flickr. My 3 year old daughter doesn't exactly keep her figs all intact. Thus the mixed up figs she provided. There should be most of a space marine in there, and a spartan helmet. Pick and choose parts as you please. She mostly wanted the Friends kit - which it turns out she only wanted so that Stephanie would be a henchman to Samukai (who later was blown up by lego dynamite in an unfortunate exchange right before bed). My 6 year old son was willing to give up the sought after Skales in order to get some SW figs. I almost swapped him for it, but we had so many different deals going on, and it was getting late, that I passed. I went after the 32 length axles (thanks to whoever put those in there). They will go well with a MOC I'm doing. The box was very jam packed. We put in some pink/purple/lavendar that hopefully Jenni and daughter will enjoy. There's a Series 6 fig packet that I put in as well, which isn't it the photo. I think it's the Alien fig.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for this effort. It was quite fun with the family.
    Has the second box started yet?
    @sidersdd: It's cool that you participated as a family, but I must admit I'm at a bit of a loss at understanding why you didn't exercise more parental auditing of what went in. The mixed up figs are very random, and even if recombined won't form anything complete, thereby reducing their utility.
    My apologies. Perhaps there was too much randomness submitted. Assembled as such they do look like junk. I can assure you these are not chewed on, garbage pieces. Individually the parts are of value to those who wish to create custom figs, or complete a fig.