Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2012 Jambalaya exchange (US)

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    btw, I created a new flickr account so even though my photos are marked as public, I think it'll be a few days before it's viewable without joining the group :/
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,896
    It's viewable for me. Looks like a good start (Hope you don't mind the UK intrusion, as I mentioned before, I just enjoying seeing what people get?! :P)
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    ^ The more the merrier, I think! I'd love to see what the UK Pick N Mix will look like as well.

If I were further down the chain, I'd take a look but since I'm right after dougts, I think a good portion will remain the same by the time I get the box. So no peeking. This is the infamous self-discipline at work - the same one that says to just go look at what's in the Lego store and then allows me to walk out with 35 grab bags.

:\
    ^ I find it more convenient and eco-friendly to look at the LEGO store from the comfort of my home... that's why I bring so much of it home with me.
    I had no idea you were so environmently conscious!

Also, I hadn't noticed before, but is your little icon a Lego version of the Tiananmen Square standoff?
    ^ Yes... not my creation though. http://www.flickr.com/photos/balakov/2377782949/

I'm tempted to redo it to put his briefcase/bag in the correct hand and get the angle truer to the original footage, but there's something poetic and apropos about the current simplicity.
    Ah yes, Mike S. I love his work!

His Raintrooper is the splash screen on all my devices. http://www.flickr.com/photos/balakov/3577027036/in/set-72157594352657197
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,247
    Haha those are great. Love the American Beauty trooper and the Vader/Luke on bikes chase scene. Might have to try some photos like that at some point. Have been meaning to play around with water drop shots for a while now and haven't had time.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    It will pass quickly @littletoki, well HOPEFULLY it will pass quickly lol
    You're making it sound like a kidney stone, Jadedanc! LOL.

But yes, once dougts gets it, I will harass him daily. :)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Player #7 is building up a baggy of control panel tiles, minifig accessories, wheels/tires, lion heads, a couple glass doors, hmm... what else???
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    You're making it sound like a kidney stone, Jadedanc! LOL.

But yes, once dougts gets it, I will harass him daily. :)
    you won't have to. I will have that thing opened, picked through, added to, and re-packed within about 3 hours of receipt.

Yep, I shouldn't have looked but I did lol...hopefully the few items I liked will still be there when I get the box :) We shall see!
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Hey guys, I'm still alive... looks like a good start so far! Can't wait til it gets to NYC. One question though...how do you tag inside a picture on flickr? I see pics all the time that have a rectangle drawn in them with a comment or question, which is very helpful for identifying one part of the picture you're talking about. I'm usually quite computer savvy but I can't for the life of me figure it out! Ok someone needs to go to the Lego Store and burn some VIP bonus points...Power Armor Lex Luthor was in stock last night and they had lots of new piece at the BaM Bar (the guy from the store saved me a Disco Dude head, how awesome is that! (of course I go looking and another is the 2nd thing I find =-)

I think we can relegate it to the flickr group but what bits and pieces have people been on the hunt for? You never know when those 2 bricks you can't find anywhere are stacked by the crate in someone else's collection.

@legobmw I was looking with no luck, where do you have a pic online of the Teal Blue Space Ship that got stollen at the Javits Center last week?

@jadedanc has anyone thanked you for starting this yet today? can it be my turn? THANKS!!!

Thanks also to @rocao for starting this off right!
    Your welcome @murphquake and to answer your question, no, no one has yet. Well, now you have :) Once it got so big and I relinquished the starting part, I was no longer in the loop lol and forgotten about :) But it's ok
    @murphquake - the disco dude's head or his hair? If it's the latter, I have about 100+.
    For Players #2-#6, if you happen to have an extra Batman cape or cowl in Blue that would be awesome and Player #7 thanks you ahead of time.
    ^ no cape, but I have the little handheld bat-knife thingy (no idea what it's called).

I think I will post up some pictures to the flickr group tonight of things I could include - if anyone sees anything they definitely like, speak up!
    @littletoki head meaning the face.... I found 1 one of the hair after ignoring them by the millions when they were prevalent a few months back... feel free to throw some in the box I'll definitely take them out.... @dougts that's a Batarang isn't it? @BrickDancer I read someone called to complain about not getting one with the Catcycle set and they sent them a pack of a blue and a black cape?
    did we decide who is starting box 2 and which direction to send it?
    I know I sent you a pm, @jadedanc but it's worth saying again - thank you for getting this started! I think you hit upon a great idea for our community and the excitement level swept everyone away.

You were not forgotten. :D

And thanks to @rocao for doing the dirty work.
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    did we decide who is starting box 2 and which direction to send it?
    I am still willing to start it in reverse direction but I need for rocao to edit the order slightly so that I'm last and to give me a green light.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 771
    Off to a great start @rocao!
    Box has arrived!!! I will be breaking into it shortly...
    Ooooooh.
    with any luck, @littletoki, you got my PS and DHQ today, and we can swap the whole lot tomorrow?
    The DHQ is here but PS isn't scheduled to arrive until Wednesday.
    Ok, I've made my selections and added to the bag. flickr stream has been updated, box is sealed up and will be handed off to @littletoki no later than Monday.
    edited March 2012
    ^ wow! kudos for putting in a lot more than you took out. I agree with your approach that taking or leaving all of an element type intact makes sense. I second guessed the distribution literally the minute after I sealed it, but I chose to go for variety since I was starting the box. As you saw, the bag quickly fills, and hearing that @littletoki was also planning on putting in more than she was withdrawing, I didn't want to bust the seams of the bag.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 771
    @murphquake
    Teal space ship pics are up on my Flickr account here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/notenoughbricks/5272436825/in/set-72157622867579285

The Queens LEGO Store rocks by the way!
  • kkskks Member Posts: 60
    This looks off to a great start, being #18 it will be awhile before I get it, can't wait to see how much it changes from the original box.
    *must not look at pictures*.

Okay, I'll be receiving the box later this afternoon and will have it ready for shipment to @jadedanc for tomorrow!

This is zipping along very nicely so far. Can't wait!
  • MontyKensicleMontyKensicle Member Posts: 59
    If there are any horses left after it makes it to my neck of the woods, what do you folks think would be fair to swap them with?
    Ack!! Spoilers?!?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,247
    edited March 2012
    ^ HORSES BRICKS TILES PLATES OH MY!!!
    =)
    *punches @graphite *

Okay! I'm out of this thread until tonight when I get the "box".
    Oh gosh I'm so sorry! Didn't mean to spoil things for you.
    No horses. I took them all
    I got a couple white horses for you Monty. But I'm Player #7, not sure if it'll make it all the way down.
    Well, I did a terrible job of staying away. And no worries, @Montykensicle - I was just kidding. :D

Okay, am I alone in my obsession with minifigs or would anyone else down the line like some? I have some spare lying around ....

Not enough!
    edited March 2012
    ^Wow, Holy CMFs Batman!

I need a couple extra berets (artist) for Navy Seal Team if you have them? Also for the team, would you happen to have a german shepherd dog, as seen in the newer City Police sets?
    I know, I have a sickness. :\

@Brickdancer - done!
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    I think all of us on this board have this sickness...at least to some extent. :)

@jadedanc - Thanks for getting this started!
    @rocao - Thanks for kicking off the initial box!

@littletoki - Any construction workers in that pile of yours?
    @littletoki I will take any extra minifigs you have laying around. Except for the ones that others have asked for lol
    I'm trying to complete my sets of C.M.F.s from series one and two but I'll be happy with whatever is sent my way. :)
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    @littletoki - I am looking for a CMF nurse if you have a spare.
    @curvedroadplate - sorry, no CMF nurse figs. :(

Okay, I'm done! Photos have been uploaded to our flickr group. I was a little undecided about the fact that I took out a polybag but didn't specifically put a replacement polybag back in. Instead, I added extra items to make up the difference but if anyone is uncomfortable with this, let me know!

I won't be mailing out the package to @jadedanc until later this afternoon so I have time to make modifications.
  • fyrmedhattfyrmedhatt Member Posts: 128
    Very cool additions @littletoki. This is really flying along, we will be through the list in a few months if the pace keeps like it is now.

I just picked up my holiday PaB boxes and some grab abgs today, so I have lots of great pieces to trade now, I'm getting very excited about this!
    @littletoki: I'm uncomfortable with the fact that you put so much extra in! :P
    Nahh! I'm happy to share! Besides, I don't think that Friends polybag sells locally so I'm quite pleased.