Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Disney Princess "System" sets forthcoming?

DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
edited March 2012 in Collecting
Observation #1: LEGO now has a Disney Princess license, but the initial releases have all been in the Duplo line.
Observation #2: The LotR sets have revealed a new rearing horse figure.
Observation #3: The LEGO Stores at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World are being remodeled to more prominently feature Disney characters.

Photo 1 - from Walt Disney World remodel:

Photo 2 - from Walt Disney World remodel:

Photo 3 - concept art for Disneyland remodel:

Photo 4 - Disneyland remodel in progress:

I don't think LEGO and Disney would be so prominently featuring Prince Philip and Maleficent if a playable set wasn't forthcoming...

Then again, I've always thought that LEGO System with a Disney princess theme was a no-brainer.

Comments

• forumreaderforumreader Member Posts: 97
    I'd prefer a Disney System theme, but a Disney Princess Friends tie in would probably be pretty popular, as well. Hopefully this comes true!
  • DonovansDadDonovansDad Member Posts: 19
    The way the Friends line is selling in the stores, I'd say this is almost definite...I know my nieces would freak out for that line, Everything they own seems to be disney Princess themed
  • YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
    If you don't mind me saying... "I'm totally in love with those pictures"! Also on a side note, I don't really understand what "observation 2" has to do with anything.

Lego has their Friends theme for girls. They wouldn't bother to compete with themselves if they already have a selling girls theme. Yes, Disney characters are being exploited... "What's so freakin different about that???" The mouse kingdom built its castle out of the milk sucked out of every one of its classic films. I'm not saying Lego isn't or shouldn't do an actual Lego Princess theme, but I'm seeing no signs (or "observations" of my own) that lead me to expect they are. I think even removing the "princess" content of the theme wouldn't be enough to make the idea a plausible unisex product. Not every statue is a reference to Brad Meltzer's decoded....
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    ^ "observation 2": the horse in the statue is a good representation of the new LotR horse. i.e. - they could make that as a real set without a new horse mold (the dragon is another story.)

Disney Princess needn't compete with Friends. LEGO has multiple "boy" themes, they can have more than one girl theme.

It is all me speculating anyway...
  • YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
    The boys Lego targets with its "boy's themes" are already buying Lego. The girls Lego is targeting to buy FRIENDS aren't buying Lego. So Lego has created a product for a potential consumer... which creates the chance of a "hit or miss" in regards to revenue. AT THIS POINT, I myself wouldn't push another girl's theme when Lego has yet to receive active feedback (in terms of biannual sales) about their original investment.
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    ^I acknowledge your point.
  • ptericpteric Member Posts: 156
    I would love to see a Disney Modular building series featuring the castle, spaceship earth, sorcerers apprentice hat, tree of life, main street, main street train station w/train, monorail, disney character minifigs, etc., etc., etc.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I would love to see a Disney Modular building series featuring the castle, spaceship earth, sorcerers apprentice hat, tree of life, main street, main street train station w/train, monorail, disney character minifigs, etc., etc., etc.
    I would SO buy every one of those...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,651
    And a musical brick that plays "It's a Small World" at the touch of a button. It would be an ideal gift to give to a nephew or a niece whose parents you want to annoy.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    If they did release Disney Princess sets, do you think they would have minifig's or minidolls? (my money would be on minidolls) And if they were minidolls, is that a good or bad thing?
  • 4brickmoney4brickmoney Member Posts: 27
    All I want is a rollercoaster
  • legomyLEGGOlegomyLEGGO Member Posts: 63
    And a musical brick that plays "It's a Small World" at the touch of a button. It would be an ideal gift to give to a nephew or a niece whose parents you want to annoy.
    I already know a parent that would love this and play it ALL the time.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    All I want is a rollercoaster
    +1.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Hmmmmm... how do you suppose this set would capture the magic of the ride breaking down AT LEAST once every time you ride it and having you suffer through that song for an extra twenty minutes or so?
  • Blue1dotBlue1dot Member Posts: 78
    The "Small World" Lego brick would be a fantastic pre-gift to someone who was going to Disney World or on a Disney cruise, like a surprise stocking stuffer.