Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] 30% Off Select LEGO at Toys R Us

jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
edited March 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
I just went to the TRU in Tacoma and picked up the Ninajago boat for $62.99. They also had the Forest Police set and a few others for the same $62.99 It was on the sets that they originally sell for $79.99. They said it was 30% off "their" price. Just thought I would give the heads up. Oh and all other Lego sets were 10% except the Friends line

Comments

• legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    ^Great deals considering it's TRU!
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    That was what I thought :)
  • legomyLEGGOlegomyLEGGO Member Posts: 63
    I was there the other day. Make sure to cross check it with what RP is, if that matters at all. Remember TRU marks up the price for some sets. For example, I saw 4439 Heavy-Lift Helicopter, is "30% off" at 41.99. That's only $8 off Lego's RP; definitely not 30%. In that case, you're better off waiting for a better deal.

They do have all legos at 10%, excluding the Friends.
    Forgot to add that they have Series 6 minifigs at 2 for $5. You might want to check your local listings.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Decent deals on 2 of the Super Heroes Batman themed sets: The Two-Face Chase is $38.49 (MSRP $49.99) and the Batcave is $62.99 (MSRP $69.99)
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,429
    I picked up the Dino HQ for $76.99. Their 30% off of the inflated $109.99 was the only great deal I could find there. Until Dino is EOL, we're unlikely to find a better deal on that one. With all the licensed stuff that is out there (with lackluster sized sets), the unlicensed stuff is growing on me.

The Bat Cave was sold out at the TRU I went to. I already have Two-Face Chase. I like the Superman set and want that Funhouse but I can't say the others are very interesting. Even though I'm a big fan of the Avengers, I'm not sure I'll bother. M ost super hero stuff needs to take place in a city (like New York, Metropolis, Gotham, etc) to be really interesting. I just don't have the room for a city setup, especially a permanent one.
    When I first saw the 30% tags, I had to check if it was really that. The Two-Face is at 25% - which is generally pretty good. But there are others that are only taking off $7-8 is around the 10% mark, this includes the Batcave and the Heavy-Lift Copter - you get them at a better deal - if that matters.

I picked up the Forest Police Station - 22%. Not the best deal I think it'll have. But who knows when this actually gets a 25-30%+ marked down. Though I'm considering returning it, just because I know I can get it cheaper down the road; this set doesn't seem like it's that highly coveted anyway.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @Bosstone100 (MMB?) Everything in my Lego universe happens in NYC, because here I am. Lots of Batcaves here, the closer TRU didn't have the Funhouse but the one I went to today did but at a typical TRU inflated price: 40.49 on the website, 50-something on the shelf, marked "down" to 46! If they had it in stock on [email protected] I would have ordered it but it's on 30 day back order so I decided to get it as I wanted the set.