Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Brickfilm projects

ChrisJThunderChrisJThunder United StatesMember Posts: 115
edited March 2012 in Photography/Video
Hey everyone.

So, I was wondering, is anyone creating any Brickfilms or anything like that with their Lego collection? I personally have a YouTube Brickfilm channel called Gold Brick Productions and right now am working on a movie for the Rock Raiders theme. You can see the teaser I made here:

So has anyone else made some recent Brickfilms? Here's the place to advertise yours or just brag about what you're doing. If you post links, there is a good chance I'll visit your channel and/or subscribe. :)

-ChrisJThunder

Comments

• ChrisJThunderChrisJThunder United StatesMember Posts: 115
    These are all screenshots from some of the videos
  • JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
    edited March 2012
    My channel is:

There's alot of videos but most of the recent ones are all stop motion or time lapse :)

I'm not sure why it isn't coming up a link.... little help @rocao

EDIT - fixed; link needed the 'http://' in front (bluemoose)
    I have a website now for my channel: http://goldbrickproductions.weebly.com/forums.html#/news/
    @Bluemoose - thanks for fixing my link.

My latest LEGO Stop-Mo is a Star Wars one. It turned out nothing like I wanted.
    It actually had dialogue but after I filmed it I decided to just run it without it.
    I'm not really happy with it but it's not my worst :)

Brickfilms are pretty much my thing now.
    Not sure how and when it happened but I don't look back now.
    Eventually I'll make a good one haha.

Although having written that - I did one I'm very proud of but it does contain "adult themes" so if you want watch:

I also have a fan page on Facebook ("like" who doesn't haha) and it is "Free Rein".
    (I need more likes so this is rather narcissistic)

There are some great ones. Head over to www.bricksinmotion.com (is cross promotion ok - I swear I make no money from this!)(therefore it is not cross promotion)

I'm babbling now haha. But you can also go to YouTube and search "Lego Stop Motion" and you can loose a fw days of your life watching those too :D
    a good start....

^ That was incredible!
  • DeusPachDeusPach Member Posts: 3
    Hey guys!
    I wanna show you my LEGO stop motion:

Please,if you like it, visit my channel, subs, like or comment (please comment here too)

Thank you!

edited April 2012
    I was goofing off with the new Lego Dc Superheroes Movie Maker App and I made this video:

Subscribe if you like this please! (We have tons of videos. :) )
    And now my channel even has a website, so check it out sometime! http://goldbrickproductions.weebly.com/index.html

I really liked the little robot @DeusPach. nice idea.
    @DeusPach and @ChrisJThunder the best way to improve your animations is to increase the frame rate/movment per frame.
    To give you an idea this is the first one I did:

and this is my latest:

as you can see I now use 24fps and made the movements per shot more fluid.
    Antother good tip is to shoot every small movement and then go back and erase some to fix the flow - use the 9 principles of animation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_basic_principles_of_animation

@Jasen Thanks for the advice. I usually use more shots but I was using the Lego DC Universe app, so it was hard to make it fluid. :) Usually they're better. But man, I love you stopmotions!
    No worries @ChrisJThunder. I've never used that DCU App, it's on Lego.com right? I'll have to check it out. I know you can also get an app for iPhone called "Stop-Mo" or something but really if you have the equipment you'll be fine with a camera and lighting to start with :)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    edited April 2012
    I think this is the most appropriate place to post this, but I found this to be pretty funny and sad at the same time. Melting LEGO!!! OF course it is not my video but still, check it out!

@Jasen Yeah, i totally know what you mean. I created a custom Lego iPhone holder that takes really steady pictures, so that's covered. :)

@LegobrandonCP That was funny! Where did you find this?
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    YouTube. :-)
    YouTube. :-)
    So hilarious. Minus the minifig melting. :)
    @LegobrandonCP jeez that's harsh but funnily enough I've been loking into melting my own minifig for a film but not like that!

@ChrisJThunder glad to hear - just keep practising :D
    @Jasen thanks. I will listen your advice and try to better!

**i really liked the ''forcebook''**

• LMoviesLMovies Member Posts: 1
    I have made this stop-motion:
    youtube.com/watch?v=gNWgsRNkxBw
    Hello, one more time i'm here to show you my most recent stop-motion and i hope you like it

Ps. this is my first birckfilm with muzzle flashes.

Thank you!

[subscribe]
    I just finished this one for a competition next month :D

I will soon be working on a CUUSOO project, so expect to see some supporting videos on my channel soon. :)
  • BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    I use to work as a Youth Counselor on a campus for kids with sexual PTSD. I ran a Lego club and this was one of the students projects before I shipped off to Afghanistan.

• caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Amazing @Jasen! Love how the chefs hat goes trans clear when he thinks
    @ChrisJThunder cool. Look forward to it :)

@Bustin that's pretty dodgy but really cool :) We all have to start somewhere. It reminds me of my first one :)
  • BustinBustin Member Posts: 286

@Bustin that's pretty dodgy but really cool :) We all have to start somewhere. It reminds me of my first one :)
    Well it was made by a 13 year old kid with autism spectrum disorder. All I did was provide my laptop and camera.

:)

Well it was made by a 13 year old kid with autism spectrum disorder. All I did was provide my laptop and camera.

Cool stuff. Tell him that he did a great job. My first Brickfilm was okay, but looking back, "Amset's Nap" was a joke compared to other Brickfilms I've seen. :D
    I just finished this one for a competition next month :D

Very nice. What program did you use, and where did you get the music?
    I use 2 programs. Adobe Flash to edit together and resize individual parts then I cut it all together with Windows Movie Maker :)
    I use 2 programs. Adobe Flash to edit together and resize individual parts then I cut it all together with Windows Movie Maker :)
    Sweetness. I use Windows Movie Maker, but I also use VideoPad Video Editor by NCH Software. It's pretty good.
    @ChrisJThunder Cool. WWM is really good for putting it all together in the end so you can manipulate the storyboard in the final stages as well :)
  • SanderManiaSanderMania Member Posts: 1
    this is my second brickfilm. it's called "the werewolf terror"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5DfRWUHSeo
    Jasen
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    ^ Nice!