Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Speculation: New Castle factions?

FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 209
Why did Lego create new Castle faction shields in their recent homages to the classic theme?  Could they be planning a new wave of sets to feature these factions?
We see the "white falcons" at the in-store Build A Mini Bar, the "pink crown" in the Series 23 CMF, and "pink crown" along with "green chevron" and "yellow clover" in #10305 Lion Knight's Castle dining room.
Or are these existing factions which I missed over the years?

Comments

• jason1976jason1976 LondonMember Posts: 281
    edited June 20
    The 3 shields in the dining room and the pink crown in series 23 CMS are from the yellow castle #375-2 / #6075-2 - have a look at https://images.brickset.com/sets/large/375-2.jpg?201011130243
    FireFox31andhe
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,479
    YEah, really hoping some of these other shields make an appearance in the BaM bars...
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 209
    Oh wow, what a fantastic reference.  I can see why some of them were lost to time.  "The yellow clovers" sounds quite like something to be stepped on.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,307
    I also wouldn't read anything into the appearance of any new symbol or colours. Think about what the CMF have shown us before. Things like elves with a stag head shield, forest maiden with the tree, heroic knight with the grey crown, evil knight with the boar, ... Sometimes they like to design new insignia, sometimes they reuse old ones but change the colour schemes.
    jason1976FireFox31
  • jason1976jason1976 LondonMember Posts: 281
    CCC said:
    I also wouldn't read anything into the appearance of any new symbol or colours. Think about what the CMF have shown us before. Things like elves with a stag head shield, forest maiden with the tree, heroic knight with the grey crown, evil knight with the boar, ... Sometimes they like to design new insignia, sometimes they reuse old ones but change the colour schemes.

Yeah I was thinking the "white falcons" are more than likely just updated versions of the black falcons insignia.

Back in the day, both the Black Falcons and the Lion Knights had inconsistent dress codes and different coloured shields (looks like this carries on to this day with the queen's shield in #10305 too)! 
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,704
    FireFox31 said:
    Why did Lego create new Castle faction shields in their recent homages to the classic theme?  Could they be planning a new wave of sets to feature these factions?
    We see the "white falcons" at the in-store Build A Mini Bar, the "pink crown" in the Series 23 CMF, and "pink crown" along with "green chevron" and "yellow clover" in #10305 Lion Knight's Castle dining room.
    Or are these existing factions which I missed over the years?

The pink crown, green chevron and yellow clover are all from the original #375 yellow castle.

They seem to have left out the maltese cross.