Sorting Problem.

NalydmercNalydmerc Member Posts: 6
edited April 2011 in Building and Techniques
Getting full time into lego, I have realized that my current way of doing things is simply inadequate. My lego room is confined to my closet (which is about 5ft wide by 20ft long) and I have to say that I am the worst when it comes to organization. All of my pieces are in one big plastic tub or around it, and its finally getting me annoyed enough to do something about it. But since the rest of the closet is used for storage and is basically full, its hard to find space to put containers of sorted bricks, and the closet is too narrow to have a wall of shelves/droors with to put them in, as well. What should I do to sort all of my pieces in a small space? =\

Comments

• meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    You don't say how many bricks you have or what types, but in the space of a large storage tub you should be able to get some decent storage arranged. I use shoebox sized tubs to store my 1x1 and larger bricks (because bricks are fairly interchangeable when you are building). I combine multiple contrasting colors into one box to mostly fill it up (but not completely or the bricks will overflow when you stick your hand in to find the brick you want).

Larger items like plates (which I never have enough of), doors, windows, wheels all are in zip locks inside one small storage tub. All the small parts I separated by type into some clear plastic fishing tackle boxes. You can even buy those in a tackle bag to make transporting them easier. I have all of this stored on just over one shelf, which is not much bigger than a large 22 gallon storage tub.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    edited April 2011
    Please note that there are already current and active Sorting threads. I'm therefore going to close this one. Please feel free to repost there. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy