Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Part Request: 2x2 tile with 2 offset studs

So this is just two of the 1x2 w/offset in one piece. Similar to the 2x2 with center stud. The part would help create sturdier structures rather than lining up 20 1x2's and trying to get them all parallel. I hope that makes sense to you all w/o drawing a diagram.

If there is a part that already exists or is quite similar, please let me know. Over the last ~5 years, Lego has been pumping out some great "basic" parts, recently the 1x3 plate with 2 offset studs.

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,383
    You mean a jumper?
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 737
    You mean a jumper?
    Picture two 1x2 jumpers side by side, as a 2x2 tile, with the studs next to each other.
    PJ76ukAstrobricksasherkobin
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 701
    That would be a handy part. There's a thread for these. I don't know if TLC read it at all but it's a good wishlist!

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/30566/what-new-parts-should-lego-make/p1
    Astrobricks
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,523
    1x2 jumpers are easy to line up if you attach them to something underneath. If you are only attaching them from above (using the single top stud on each), just sandwich them between two long plates at the sides to align them, attach whatever on top, then remove the aligning plates.
    Cymbeline
  • asherkobinasherkobin Member Posts: 194
    CCC said:
    1x2 jumpers are easy to line up if you attach them to something underneath. If you are only attaching them from above (using the single top stud on each), just sandwich them between two long plates at the sides to align them, attach whatever on top, then remove the aligning plates.
    Well Lego has a new part that is just two 1x1 plates molded together...
    CCC said:
    Which part is that/what direction are they molded? All I can visualise is a stud on top/bottom, which doesn't seem related to this part request, and two 1 x 1 plates next to each other, but that part's been around for quite some time...
    CCC said:

Do you mean a 1x2 plate?

DeMontes
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 737
    edited June 2022
    Bobflip said:

Which part is that/what direction are they molded? All I can visualise is a stud on top/bottom, which doesn't seem related to this part request, and two 1 x 1 plates next to each other, but that part's been around for quite some time...
    CCC said:

Do you mean a 1x2 plate?

Behold:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=86996
    asherkobinBobflip
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,244
    ^ The biggest advantage for that new 1x1x2/3 brick is that it's got an open stud.
    WesterBricksCymbeline560HeliportCCCAstrobricksiwybs
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,556
    ^ There's one, in black, in #75325. I'm not sure why; there are plates above and below it, and only the top half of one side is even visible. There's one medium stone grey 1x1 plate in the set- the 1x1x2/3 piece could have been replaced by two 1x1 MSG plates, reducing the unique piece count by one- and increasing the set's piece count by one.
    Bobflip said:

CCC said:

Do you mean a 1x2 plate?

Behold:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=86996
    No wonder it didn't register, to me that's a short brick not a tall plate! Although I'm not sure what the relevance is here. As already noted, that has an open stud and it is deep enough to reliably hold a bar vertically. It is very different to two stacked 1x1 plates.
    Bobflip
  • asherkobinasherkobin Member Posts: 194
    edited June 2022
    Aren't we all annoyed when the instructions have multiple 1x1 plates stacked and it's a (small) pain to get them all squared up. That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this part. Of course it fits into Lego's 2/3's height "system".
    WesterBricksAstrobricks
    Aren't we all annoyed when the instructions have multiple 1x1 plates stacked and it's a (small) pain to get them all squared up. That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this part. Of course it fits into Lego's 2/3's height "system".
    Of course... I forgot about that new part. But indeed, seems irrelevant here?

And regarding stacking, if there's that many 1x1 plates going in you may as well move to 1x1 bricks instead. Unless there's a specific model you have in mind that annoyed you?
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Petaluma, CaliforniaMember Posts: 303
    When I need to align multiple similar parts (1x1 plates, tiles, or bricks, for example) that are side-to-side or top-to-bottom, I build them sideways on a table and slide them into place so that everything is lined up.
    560HeliportFizyxWesterBricks
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,383
    When I need to align multiple similar parts (1x1 plates, tiles, or bricks, for example) that are side-to-side or top-to-bottom, I build them sideways on a table and slide them into place so that everything is lined up.
    I just do a rough alignment, then press the stack down against a flat surface to line them all up perfectly.
    WesterBricks