Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Greetings!

DCBuilderDCBuilder USAMember Posts: 4
Hi everyone, I just joined the Brickset forum and figured I'd make an introduction post. I'm looking forward to getting involved in all the discussion!

I have about a dozen Lego sets currently; I live in a studio apartment right now, which definitely limits how many sets I can buy - only so much room to display them! My favorites are the Simpsons house and the Disney castle, which is gigantic - I think it's the biggest thing I own that isn't classified as furniture lol. I also really like their botanical sets; I have the bonsai tree and the bird of paradise, and I'm eagerly waiting for the orchid and succulents to come back in stock.

Right now I'm working on the Starry Night 3D painting. I'm only about halfway into it but it's really beautiful already, I can't wait to hang it up on the wall. I have a few online friends who are also into Lego, and whenever any of us gets a new set we send each other pictures of the different stages of the building process. Makes it feel a little more social.

Feel free to say hi!
Cymbelinepxchris560Heliport

Comments

• lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 470
    HELLO DCB!
    You own a baker's dozen LEGO sets...I...
    So...did you just begin the hobby today, return from the LEGO Store and post this?  There must be an off-site storage facility you're not mentioning...secret underground LEGO bunker, maybe?? =oD  There's lots of those in D.C. (I heard).
    Either way I admire your temperance, even if it is limited by your current living arrangement.  Before long, you'll have a breakfast table comprised of LEGO sets - welcome to the addiction.  Seek help while you still can =)
    560Heliport
  • DCBuilderDCBuilder USAMember Posts: 4
    lowlead said:
    HELLO DCB!
    You own a baker's dozen LEGO sets...I...
    So...did you just begin the hobby today, return from the LEGO Store and post this?  There must be an off-site storage facility you're not mentioning...secret underground LEGO bunker, maybe?? =oD  There's lots of those in D.C. (I heard).
    Either way I admire your temperance, even if it is limited by your current living arrangement.  Before long, you'll have a breakfast table comprised of LEGO sets - welcome to the addiction.  Seek help while you still can =)
    Ha! I got into LEGO about a year ago. A friend of mine is really into it (particularly Star Wars sets on his end), and one day I remembered there was a Simpsons LEGO set I'd had my eye on years ago, and on a whim decided to see if there were any unopened ones on eBay. Lo and behold they were there (and NOT cheap), so I splurged and bought it for myself. I've been semi-addicted to building LEGO ever since, though I definitely keep myself from buying too many and just focus on the ones I "absolutely must have." No secret bunker here, but hopefully a bigger home someday soon so I can have lots of display space :)
    560Heliport
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,237
    Storage and display space is the main issue for most AFOLs (just a question of scale). Welcome to the forum!
    560Heliport
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 326
    MaffyD said:
    Storage and display space is the main issue for most AFOLs (just a question of scale). Welcome to the forum!

Space (both storage and display) is my constant headache! Got into LEGO a couple of years ago and have reached the point where I need to gather up the parts to the ones I don't care for much and sell them. Got to as there is no space left!
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,163
    Welcome @DCBuilder!
    As you might already know, we have a Marketplace section here in the forums. You can probably get better deals there than you would find on eBay. Then there's always BrickLink.com :)