Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Any word on future Star Wars Planet Sets?

TheCoryJihadTheCoryJihad Member Posts: 26
edited March 2012 in Collecting
I have all three of the Planet Sets and my boys just love them. We've got the planets hanging up near their solar system and have the sets on top of their dressers.

Any word on when to expect more and/or what they may be?

Comments

• cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited March 2012
    http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Star Wars&subtheme=Planet Set

X-wing
    Cloud Car
    AT-ST

No news when, perhaps same time as Jabba's palace etc.
  • TheCoryJihadTheCoryJihad Member Posts: 26
    Thanks a lot!

Jabba's Palace is releasing later this summer, right?
    Yes. My kids love the planets too and really looing forward to the Xwing and ATST.
    I hope this is a series they continue with. I'd love to see a Snow Speeder and Hoth or maybe even the Millennium Falcon and an asteroid.
    Me to, although eventually they'll surely run out of planets (before they run out of vehicles to go with them).
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    I have only bought the death star so far as it's the only "planet" that I think I can reasonably use for MOCs.

But I am looking forward to Coruscant, which I really hope they're going to do.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    If they continue the line into the clone wars series there could be quite a few of these.
  • xowainxxowainx United KingdomMember Posts: 112
    I think they missed a trick by linking the X-Wing with Yavin 4.. Surely they should have put it with Dagobah, as there's not any other craft they can link to that, where as they could have placed a Y-Wing in the Yavin 4 set. Just seems odd to rule out one of the few OT planets, and an interesting looking one at that.

Other than that, what's left for Original Trilogy other than Hoth with Snowspeeder/AT-AT/Rebel Transport (<3).. Alderaan with Death Star? Is that actually it?
    Um....that's really about it for the OT. Unless they plan on doing something else with Tatooine....like the Sail Barge. But since Tatoonie is already released with Sebulba, I doubt that'll come to fruition.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    What's the sea world planet that Jango Fett has the apartment on? That would be great with a mini slave 1.
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    If they only stick to On Screen seen Planets then you have:

Alderaan - Episodes III and IV (destroyed)
    Cato Neimoidia - Episode III
    Coruscant - Episodes I, II, III, and VI (added scene)
    Dagobah - Episodes III (deleted scene), V, and VI
    Felucia - Episode III
    Geonosis - Episode II
    Hoth - Episode V
    Kamino - Episode II
    Kashyyyk - Episode III
    Mustafar - Episode III
    Mygeeto - Episode III
    Polis Massa (asteroid) - Episode III
    Saleucami - Episode III
    Utapau - Episode III

A lot of the Ep3 ones are from the short scenes from the Order 66 Montage. List from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_planets having removed done ones, Clone Wars, and mentions only. If they go into the expanded universe at all then you can open up a ton of potential, hell a Falcon with a Corellia would be sweet.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    You would think that they had planned out the next year or two worth of releases, before making the first ones.

For a set of this size, I would not be surprised if the design work was already done for Series 1-4. That is what I'd have done.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    @richo That is Kamino the cloner planet.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    ^ arr yes thats it! Thanks.
    Ord Mantell is mentioned in Ep. V. Could come with Millenium Falcon. ;)

Come to think of it: Since the Death Star ran under "planet", maybe they'll introduce an asteroid from Ep. V as planet, too!
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Whatt did Cloud City count as? Not too good with my SW geography :)
    Cloud City was the Lando system ;)
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 672
    ^Well, technically the planet is Bespin; Cloud City "floats" through the planet's atmosphere...looks like this one was missed in the list above.
    You mean I actually figured out that one was missing?? Awesomeness! Trust me, I love SW but would have never figured that one out lol
    edited March 2012
    No as bespin had been anounced for series two which is why its missing from the list. Sorry. ;)
    Nah I was talking about the list that @pvancil27 had, not necessarily the ones that had been released or listed to be released :P
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    I took out the too be released ones which is why no Yavin, Bespin or Endor listed.

even if they use just movie planets there should be 2 more series without much issue.

Hoth with Snowspeeder or at/at
    Alderaan with Tantive IV or Falcon
    Geonosis with Assault shuttle thingy
    Kashyyyk with something
    Kamino with Jango's slave one (good way to get an updated Jango out)
    Coruscant with "something"

If they expand to mentioned and expanded universe you have good ones like Corellia, Kessel, Ord Mantell, Nal Hutta, Nar Sharddar
    Awww man I thought I had actually figured one out! Lol Oh well....c'est la vie!
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I'm debating whether it's worth collecting these things as I collect CMF's or just picking up the ones I like... I'm usually try to complete themes, but I never cared for anything other than OT Star Wars stuff, not to mention the value of these sets doesn't seem to be there. I leaning on just picking up the OT planet sets...hopefully I don't regret it when series 2 comes out and I can't get series 1 anymore...
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    I'm debating whether it's worth collecting these things as I collect CMF's or just picking up the ones I like... I'm usually try to complete themes, but I never cared for anything other than OT Star Wars stuff, not to mention the value of these sets doesn't seem to be there. I leaning on just picking up the OT planet sets...hopefully I don't regret it when series 2 comes out and I can't get series 1 anymore...
    they are cheap and since you already collect minifigs, why not do these - they are pretty related in nature to be honest. At that low price point, better safe than sorry, right?
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    @yys4u .... they should make interesting Xmas tree decorations...