Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Question about set 5525

brclark82brclark82 Member Posts: 217
edited March 2012 in Collecting
Does anybody have any insight on why set 5525 amusement park did so poorly in the aftermarket? It seems like a neat set to me and I recently picked up a MISB for $30! Without doing any research on it and just seeing the set, piece count, retirememt date, and theme I would have expected it to do better. Any thoughts?

Comments

• davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 814
    1) It was pretty pricey. If people spend that much on a set, they usually want a large, nice model. This was several, small models, which didn't really "fit" together in a nice single display.

2) No instructions! That's right, you had to download them from the internet.

3) No new parts. Every part that was in there was available on PAB, and from other sets, so there was nothing "enticing" about it.

Basically, it was a cute set, and if it were about half the cost, and had instructions, probably would've done ok.

In fact, I'm not sure if any of the Factory sets did all that well-- I don't even think Market Street did well, except in the aftermarket when it was discontinued.

DaveE
  • DaddyWhaleDaddyWhale Member Posts: 130
    Could it be because it does not seem to have been minifig scale?
  • brclark82brclark82 Member Posts: 217
    Interesting info davee123 thanks