Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Istokg: Gary Istok.... I'm here....

IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,141
edited May 2011 in Introduce yourself
I know this sounds very pretentious (and I don't mean for it to be so)... but for those of you that know me... I'll be posting here from time to time...

For those who don't know me... just Google my name! ;-)

Comments

• Coder_XCoder_X Member Posts: 29
    Hi Gary,
    welcome,
    Maybe google.be shows other results as the google domain you use but first 3 pages of results didn't really tell me who you are.
    Most relevant item I could find was:
    From The Detroit News: St. Clair Shores resident Gary Istok got a bill for $327.35 after Eastpointe Police investigated a fender-bender in December. “How can they charge that much money for a cop to walk out to the parking lot and look at my car?” Istok asked. (Brandy Baker / The Detroit News)

Not really something you would want to say on a Lego forum but I agree you could've bought some nice sets with that money.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,641
    Welcome aboard, Gary! Glad you made it, in the end. It'll be great to have such a wealth of knowledge in the forum.

You, like me, have a fairly unique name and all the top Google results for mine relate to me, much like yours do, assuming the 'fender-bender' incident was you :-)

• princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Gary,
    I too am having trouble getting much on Google, but saw one picture which looked very nice. Lots of links to your pictures (which are dead links).
    Any chance you can provide a link to some of your work for us?

Oh and by the way IMO your post did indeed come across Very pretentious :)
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,641
    ^ Gary is a bit of a legend in LEGO circles so we can forgive his pretentiousness :-)
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    haha, kinda got that, that is why i was interested in some pictures.
    Newly out of the dark ages, so would love to see some on the work that has been done, some of the builds i have seen have been stunning.
  • davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 810
    Hi Gary!

Google probably isn't the best tool for this necessarily. I would say search the "old-timey" LEGO forums like RTL and LUGNET. The general internet may be a bit too broad.

Gary is probably one of the leading experts on the LEGO company in terms of its history, especially older history that most fans aren't familiar with. He's got a few self-publications (data CDs) in LEGO circles about the company's history, its products, and so forth. Definitely worth a look if you're into learning more about the company.

DaveE
  • mkoeselmkoesel USAMember Posts: 97
    Gary is basically a Lego historian. I remember him well from the rec.toys.lego days.
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,141
    LOL.... after I mentioned "Google"... I went out and checked it myself... only to be horrified about the big stink I made here in Metro Detroit over the "fender bender" situation.... I made the front page feature story on the major newspaper in metro Detroit (pop. +4 million).... 2 weeks ago... I wasn't going to pay a bill for something that never happened that the suburban police department billed me for. The state of Michigan is investigating the local police about this as we speak.

But anyway... here's some of my creations (and collections).... and these were built before 2000... before the advent of Bricklink...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=140015
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=110798
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/5590508990/in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/5573093479/in/photostream
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,141
    Also... by the way... I didn't plan on starting a thread with the title that it has... that is pretentious... I thought I was posting on another thread for new members (my first atttempt at posting here).... and the next thing I knew I started a new thread! :(