Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New to MOC

rjyannuzzirjyannuzzi VirginiaMember Posts: 1
Good day to all! 

I recently became a member, I came across this forum as I was searching the web for any and all helpful tools and ideas on how to do a MOC LEGO Model. I am in the process of planning a build of the Mary Rose, King Henry VIII's favorite ship. I had the pleasure of seeing what is left of it on display back in 2009 when I visited Portsmouth England and have been fascinated with it every since. My wife's name is Mary Rose so we both enjoy learning more and more about the ship every chance we get. So I finally made the decision that I want to make a 1/42 scale version of the ship in LEGO and to try and recreate as much of it as accurate as possible. 

Any and all pointers or lessons learned that anyone would be willing to share would be great appreciated.
Cymbelinepxchris

Comments

• pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,862
    Ship building is an art all of its own but there are some absolutely amazing ship builders in the LEGO community (one of whom I am not). The Eurobricks forum has quite a few builders who regularly post photos of completed and WIP ships which might help you some in learning techniques.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,203
    Start with a small pile of bricks and build something. Then do it again a few times. If you haven't built a MOC before I don't think attempting a three foot long model is a good idea for your first attempt.