Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego 9676 - TIE Interceptor & Death Star stop motion animation

AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
edited March 2012 in Photography/Video
Having nothing better to do I just made up this stop motion animation of the building of the Lego 9676 TIE Interceptor & Death Star. It's my first attempt :)

I really need to find some way of fixing everything down...

Comments

• Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
    Very cool, I love watching time lapses. Did you do it all manually, or use software like an intervalometer?
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    edited March 2012
    Thanks! I had my camera mounted on a tripod and at each building step I took a new picture (I have a remote control). Then I imported all the 100+ pictures in windows movie maker and I set the frame duration to ~1/8 of a second.

Next time I'll have to make sure that the exposure stays constant..
  • JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
    Yeah it's more time-lapse more than stop-mo but there are elements of that too :)
    Pretty cool though, to correct the flicker maybe you had your lense set to auto focus instead of manual? I do that sometimes as well and get flicker.
    I usually go through Flash now as it automatically sets the frame rate to 24fps but WMM is what I use to put my final cut together as it's simple and easy to add the titles :D