Amazon Price Trend Graph Question

cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
edited March 2012 in Brickset.com
(Not sure if I selected the correct category, or if this has been asked before. If so, my apology.)

Can a user view the Amazon Price Trend Graph on ANY set? If so, how?

The only way I know to get to it is via the "See what's discounted on Amazon.com" link on the main page. The problem is, if the set is selling at, or above, retail you can't find it via that link. Is there another way?

Thx

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    edited March 2012
    <URL redacted>.com is your friend... :)

No, I have no idea why they picked that name. :)
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    ^ The info's on Brickset too.

^^ Go to any set page and click on the "For Sale" tab. In the "Min Price" column you'll find a graph icon which will show the price over time for each of the Amazon stores (UK, US etc.) where the set is available.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,441
    edited March 2012
    Thanks DrD.

^^ ccc.com may be your friend but it's not Brickset's, as it potentially diverts affiliate revenue elsewhere :-)
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    edited March 2012
    ^^^ Thanks @LegoFanTexas Just went to that site. I just bookmarked it. :-)

^^ Thanks @drdavewatford I see part of the problem. Take Diagon Alley, for instance. Under the "Buy from Amazon" section it reads - "This set is not currently available from Amazon." But, that set is available now. I guess it takes time to update?

I thought I had seen the 'graph' icon before, somewhere else, and was using DA as an example to see if I could find where I thought I had seen it. :-) I was using a bad set for testing, it seems. :-)

^ Thanks for mentioning that @Huw I have taken note of that.
    The method we use to capture prices needs a bit of manual effort and I think DA may not be in the list of sets we are currently looking for. I presume you're looking at Amazon.com? If so @drdavewatford will get it added.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^ Yes it is. What with all the DA talk in some other threads :-) I figured I'd check it out. Thanks. Much appreciated!
    ^ No problem !

Set availability is highly variable across the six different Amazon sites we link to and keeping tabs on all the sets is a challenge. If ever you guys come across sets which are available on any of the six Amazon sites but aren't included in the Bargain Watch listings then please let me know and I'll get them added.

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Thanks DrD.

^^ ccc.com may be your friend but it's not Brickset's, as it potentially diverts affiliate revenue elsewhere :-)
    Good point, very sorry about that...

For what it is worth, I do click through from Brickset about once a week to Amazon from here, hope that helps you capture some of the affiliate revenue, I sure spend enough there. :)
    Set 10217 Diagon Alley now added to Bargain Watch databases for UK, US, DE and FR. Not available in ES, IT. Should appear in the listings when they're next refreshed providing the set is at RRP or better....
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Related to this, when an amazon price check fails ( I presume that's what happened) none of the sets have that amazon site listed under their 'for sale' tab. No price, no minimum price, no link to the price chart. 6 hours later they'll show up again but if you need to check a price right then its not as great as it could be.

If there was a way to get it to keep the previous data when it fails that would be great.
    I agree there is room for improvement in the way it handles failures. Usually it's a partial failure and only some items are scanned before timout or some other problem.

I've made some changes recently to try and prevent this and as far as I can see for the last few days all the scans have been successful.