Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO VIP Program

Comments

• jmeninnojmeninno Member Posts: 1,164
    Hi, I'm sure this info exists but having trouble finding it.  If I redeem points tonight for the camera promo and also redeem points for a dollar amount off a purchase, am I able to use both on a single transaction?  I think the answer is yes, but I have to enter the codes in different places?  Do I get the code instantly for both?  I assume I should not try to cash in points for a dollar off amount now...?  Many thanks!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Member Posts: 10,761
    edited November 2021
    Yes the camera code would go in on the Promo code field in shopping bag screen with the sets, when you go to pay you would enter the discount code under payment type when checking out. Though using a discount code during double points is a bit debatable (though I understand some may not have the luxury of a choice)
    jmeninnoKungFuKennygmonkey76BumblepantsMarshallmariokiki180703
    That's the boat I'm in.  Sitting on points that I'm always saving...I know its double points time but the dollar off amount could help...
    Switchfoot55
    Im getting my thesaurus ready for new cuss words when the site inevitably starts crashing
    560HeliportKungFuKennygmonkey76
    Funny thing is...this may be all for not.  I'm after the new Tumbler...
    And @madforLEGO thank you for the original response.  "Appreesh."
    madforLEGO
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Member Posts: 5,441
    Im getting my thesaurus ready for new cuss words when the site inevitably starts crashing
    The beauty of cuss words is you can make up your own :)
    madforLEGO560Heliportgmonkey76KungFuKenny
    Surpsied that the site really did not crash tonight, it hiccuped a few times and was a bit slow, but not crashes.. Hopefully this will e this way on Black Friday as well, but I doubt it.
    gmonkey76KungFuKennySumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego Member Posts: 15,217
    One would think since their online sales are up exponentially, and a significant segment of the workforce was at home - the one thing they could do is keep their friggin' site up...
    Brainsluggedmonkeyhanger560Heliportgmonkey76Marshallmariokiki180703
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Member Posts: 1,469
    May I suggest "fuzznuggets"?
    560Heliport
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Member Posts: 5,441
    Anyone else watch The Good Place?
    ”Holy motherforking shirtballs!”
    560Heliportpxchriskiki180703KungFuKennyMaffyDbricktuary
  • daewoodaewoo Member Posts: 794
    I use, "festering sore" quite often.
    560Heliport
  • pxchrispxchris Member Posts: 2,342
    Anyone else watch The Good Place?
    ”Holy motherforking shirtballs!”
    Loved that show.
    Astrobricks
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Member Posts: 2,293
    A survey has popped up in the VIP section about your experiences with LEGO, not many questions and you get 150 VIP points for your trouble 
    The_RancorMr_CrossBumblepantsKungFuKennypxchrisReesesPiecesGothamConstructionCo
    They're touting some interesting concepts in that survey!
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Member Posts: 2,368

I was intrigued by the possibility of buying archived Lego sets… Although I suspect it might just mean sets that they have excess stock of, I would be thrilled if it ended up being re-issues of long retired sets!
    jmeninnoReesesPiecespxchrisMr_CrossMarshallmariogmonkey76kiki180703

I was intrigued by the possibility of buying archived Lego sets… Although I suspect it might just mean sets that they have excess stock of, I would be thrilled if it ended up being re-issues of long retired sets!
    I was thinking the same thing. It sounds more like a hyped too-good-to-be-true type setup to me. TLG doesn't exactly have a great track record of delivering on these grand ideas.

That said, it was those highlighted points that were the most intriguing to me.
    KungFuKennyMr_Cross
  • DoktorLDoktorL Member Posts: 140
    150 points are about £1, am I right? Way too many questions for that IMHO.
    560Heliport
  • BastyBasty Member Posts: 493
    I started the quiz but gave up. Felt like it was never ending. Not to mention some really poorly worded questions. 
    windjammer560HeliportDoktorL
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Member Posts: 2,293
    Site must have been broken because I only saw half a dozen questions and none of the concepts. Just tried again and it seemed to complete this time, but it did feel like replication of the same points over and over in a different order!
    Conclusions.....I like earning VIP points, anything else is nice to have but I'm not paying £60 a year for the privilege 

ericbpxchrismadforLEGOReesesPiecesMr_Crossgmonkey76kiki180703
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Member Posts: 3,730
    Basty said:
    I started the quiz but gave up. Felt like it was never ending. Not to mention some really poorly worded questions. 
    I gave up too. I have zero interest in a subscription, but too many questions still forced you to choose an answer. Definitely way too long for about a dollar's worth of VIP points.
    pxchrisBastyDoktorLkiki180703
  • CCCCCC Member Posts: 20,526
    Didn't they do the same questions last time (6 weeks or so ago?)

I remember some people on EB thinking / claiming you would be able to get CC, EN, IF, etc because of this.
    560HeliportFizyx
    I think that if it was enticing enough, a $5 subscription could be feasible. But frankly, I don't believe they actually have it in their capabilities to make it truly worth it for me.
    560HeliportMarshallmario
  • FizyxFizyx Member Posts: 1,332
    CCC said:
    Didn't they do the same questions last time (6 weeks or so ago?)

I remember some people on EB thinking / claiming you would be able to get CC, EN, IF, etc because of this.

Yeah, they look like the same questions that I went through awhile ago.  It was super repetitive in terms of individual questions, but the different packages and prices on them changed through the whole test, which made me think they were trying to narrow in on both what people were really interested in from the individual questions, as well as what people would actually be willing to pay price-wise for it.
    catwrangler
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 631
    Maybe I missed it, but did they actually propose a price point in this recent survey?
  • karritkarrit Member Posts: 907
    edited December 2021
    I thought the price was the same on both options, $4.99 monthly on both for me.  Considering how pathetic VIP rewards have been lately I think $60 membership a year is a bit excessive since it seems more like a pay for a higher level VIP experience.  If they stepped up the offerings like at a minimum a VIP accessory pack each month with something bigger maybe quarterly and occasional % off discount offers on our choice of new sets then I might be tempted.  But based on the current VIP offerings of prints, digital downloads & leftover GWP's these two possible membership choices don't warrant a $60 annual fee for me.
    Of course I'd probably end up signing up anyway just to see if it ended up being worth it over the course of a year.
    madforLEGO
    edited December 2021
    karrit said:
    I thought the price was the same on both options, $4.99 monthly on both for me.  Considering how pathetic VIP rewards have been lately I think $60 membership a year is a bit excessive since it seems more like a pay for a higher level VIP experience.  If they stepped up the offerings like at a minimum a VIP accessory pack each month with something bigger maybe quarterly and occasional % off discount offers on our choice of new sets then I might be tempted.  But based on the current VIP offerings of prints, digital downloads & leftover GWP's these two possible membership choices don't warrant a $60 annual fee for me.
    Of course I'd probably end up signing up anyway just to see if it ended up being worth it over the course of a year.

Yeah, LEGO is sensitive enough about people complaining, I'm not sure they have thought through the expectations of something costing 'members' 5 dollars a month. I guess they forgot about the Black VIP card debacle. I mean I, and others, have complained about how their VIP system works now, but Im not really paying for the VIP ranking... Imagine if they have thousands of people paying 4.99 a month so they can get 5% off of those wooden furniture pieces?
    Tried taking the survey 2x in Chrome and once in IE (or Edge).  It keeps crashing and bringing me to the Lego [email protected] site.

Anyone else experiencing this?  I'd really like to take the full survey and weigh in.

I am getting the gist of the survey here and forgive me if I'm somehow glanced over this already, but anyone care to elaborate what the two actual options are?

Thanks!
    madforLEGO
  • dragon114dragon114 Member Posts: 642
    I am to about to give up
    karrit said:
    I thought the price was the same on both options, $4.99 monthly on both for me.
    Shows you how much I actually paid attention to what they were showing.  :p

I feel like my comments on the survey will be similar to some of the sentiments here.  Beyond the cost of the program in addition to the rising prices of sets in general, can you imagine paying for the "privilege" of these bonuses or options to buy old sets just to have their site crash and these exclusive offers sell out in seconds, if their current site and VIP program are any indication?

Of course, without knowing what these theoretical exclusives are, I don't think it's enough of an incentive for me to pay for this program.  I rarely buy directly from Lego as it is since I can get most sets cheaper elsewhere and many of the polybag GWPs I've been interested in recently have been available for purchase at Target or Walmart.  Paying $5 for those polys still puts me ahead with how much I save purchasing the sets I want elsewhere.
  • Russell844Russell844 Member Posts: 2,392
    That happened to me when I did it on my phone. I started again on a computer and it worked fine.
    ^I was doing it on a computer :(
  • dragon114dragon114 Member Posts: 642
    Try and s21 ultra and an iPad:(
    I tried on my android phone and same thing.
    jmeninno said:
    Tried taking the survey 2x in Chrome and once in IE (or Edge).  It keeps crashing and bringing me to the Lego [email protected] site.

Anyone else experiencing this?  I'd really like to take the full survey and weigh in.

I am getting the gist of the survey here and forgive me if I'm somehow glanced over this already, but anyone care to elaborate what the two actual options are?

Thanks!

I had the same issue using Mozilla
    I'll try again tomorrow...or the next day...or the next day :)
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Member Posts: 467
    They never told me a price but did ask if it was too expensive.

best question was the first one. On a survey you have to be a vip member to do, they ask how familiar are you with Lego and the first option is “I have never heard of Lego”. Was so tempted to select that. 

To me there was nothing compelling about either scheme. Most of the features are available elsewhere for free (brickset, rebrickable, etc) and probably better implemented that whatever Lego’s offering would be.

I have zero faith that the free sets would be available in enough quantity or with reasonable ways to get them (having to spend hundreds every month).

As for getting old sets, it is not going to be anything desirable, just the left over stock retailers and Lego could not shift. 

Whole thing seems like a money grab and they are desperate for ideas to make it compelling. 
    BumblepantsMr_CrossBrainsluggedmaniacarathemis
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL Member Posts: 781
    Is the survey only for US and UK ppl? Can't find it on the Dutch site (even when I switch to English as the language).
  • maniacmaniac Member Posts: 865
    eMJeeNL said:
    Is the survey only for US and UK ppl? Can't find it on the Dutch site (even when I switch to English as the language).
    US, UK and Germany.

------

I think separating consumers into 'tiers' is not in the spirit of LEGO Group's values and risks leaving a bad taste in those who don't choose to pay for the sub. 

I wouldn't pay it unless it was extremely rewarding. I still haven't forgot about all the great things the Black VIP Card members were supposed to get and the results were very VERY poor.
    560HeliportBumblepantsMr_CrosspxchrisWeepy_DonutsAddicted2OxygenReesesPieces
    I wouldn't pay to be a VIP member. I already pay through the products bought to get the points.  If they introduce something like that, just be honest and call it the monthly subscription club. If they start calling it things like VIP elite, and rewards started to get worse for VIP non-elite members, then I'd shift away from buying for VIP points.

If there is a £5 a month subscription what would it be? Probably at best a polybag plus postage. If it was the same polybags as from shops for £4 where I get to choose the ones I buy, it is not attractive. I'd prefer to spend £60 on a set I want instead of 12 random polybags.
    BumblepantsMr_Crosscanon03Weepy_DonutsReesesPiecesAddicted2OxygenSpeedman29Fizyxcatwrangler
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Member Posts: 7,537
    I'm guessing the retired sets available would be several things:

1) not the exciting, popular ones we would want
    2) blink and you missed it stock levels
    3) stuff that didn't sell well which is still hanging around the warehouse
    KungFuKennyMarshallmarioReesesPiecesbricktuaryarathemis
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Member Posts: 2,533
    edited December 2021
    Early access is mentioned in the survey. It’s possible TLG were thinking of making ‘VIP early access’ more exclusive - currently it doesn’t really mean anything because anyone who cares will have signed up as a free VIP already so it’s more like ‘early access if we already have your personal details’.

Other retailers are occasionally getting into this business model. GAME video game stores in the UK have a paid ‘Elite’ loyalty card option which gives you quite significant perks including when you trade in old games/tech but I don’t know how popular it is, and it does feel like the generic ‘free’ loyalty offering has been downgraded slightly since ‘Elite’ was started.
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 500
    I quite like the concept of sending back old bricks to get money off/VIP points/rewards etc...  We have so many loose bricks that don't get played with.

And if they were to offer some genuine exclusives or access to retired sets, then it would probably be worth it.  

As so many have already said though, the black VIP card fiasco has left a sour taste and I really don't trust that Lego would deliver on any promises.
    canon03Weepy_Donuts
    I quite like the concept of sending back old bricks to get money off/VIP points/rewards etc...  We have so many loose bricks that don't get played with.
    And to me, out of all of the ideas they were putting out, that was the absolute worst on the list.
    Addicted2Oxygen
  • Weepy_DonutsWeepy_Donuts Member Posts: 38
    That was a bit frustrating. The survey kept suggesting that consumers should pay a monthly premium for old/existing concepts. A catalog of your purchased sets? Yeah, I love Brickset. A community of others with similar interests? Brickset, again. Alternate builds for your nonCreator sets? Yeah, you used to provide pictures of these at the end of your instruction manuals, LEGO. Free shipping? $35 is already a generously low threshold.

Please don’t change good things so you can bully consumers into a new revenue stream.
    BumblepantspxchrisMarshallmarioReesesPiecescatwrangler
    They never told me a price but did ask if it was too expensive.
    I'm pretty sure my survey was the same, which is why I asked what others saw since some people seemed sure about pricing.  Either way, it's too much!
    Addicted2Oxygen

It is all in the details though. Sending in up to about 1.75kg of old bricks would cost £3.20 and what would we get back for it? Even £5 worth of points might not be cost effective for them (especially if they pay the postage) plus no doubt they would be getting loads of clones sent to them.

I wonder what they'd do with them too. It's a lot of sorting to remove non ABS parts, clone parts, dirt, sand, batteries,... before anything could be recycled.
    AstrobricksMarshallmarioBumblepants
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Member Posts: 467
    It feels like someone sold management the idea of getting a subscription stream and now they are trying to figure out what is the minimum they can do to justify it. 

Also if there is access to old sets and they are desirable ones expect them to be extremely limited and probably cost as much or more than what you will find on bricklink. They will not be making more of a set, especially if parts unit are no longer made. 
    BumblepantsmadforLEGOcatwrangler
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,161
    Almost every loyalty scheme worth anything either dilutes itself to the point of not worth having or starts asking more for it

As of next week, my "Barcleys Blue rewards".that was paying me £12 a months for having certain Barcleys products, and charging me £4 a month (net £8pm gain) is changing and will give ne a £1pm net gain and add a few pointless rewards. I'll probably give it up.

VIP rewards and GWPs are the only reason I shop directly with [email protected]

madforLEGOWatfordScottyM
    It feels like someone sold management the idea of getting a subscription stream and now they are trying to figure out what is the minimum they can do to justify it. 

Also if there is access to old sets and they are desirable ones expect them to be extremely limited and probably cost as much or more than what you will find on bricklink. They will not be making more of a set, especially if parts unit are no longer made. 

Agreed, I mean they are going to access to buy past sets from LEGO archives, that's a bit vague and what are we taking about with what sets these are and how limited will that be (as I doubt they will make enough, considering they do not make enough VIP promos even though they know how many VIPs there are)?
    Also, would 'access to limited edition products' mean nothing more than an option to sign up for a raffle (like they do with some items now in VIP rewards)?
    I just think LEGO is setting itself up for failure, ridicule, and being the object of ire from its fan base again (apparently LEGO does not learn from their misfires in the past).
    This combined with all of these errors lately, one has to wonder who really is running the show there anymore...

Addicted2Oxygenmonkeyhanger