Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New Chicago Poster

BurdenOfEmpireBurdenOfEmpire ChicagoMember Posts: 6
Sup y’all. Started lurking last night and instead of pulling my normal several month long message board lurk before registering, I decided nawwwww and signed right up.

So I’m a 37 (almost) he/him located in the city of Chicago, married with a 4 year old daughter. I’m sure the fact that it’s 2021 and I’m posting on a message board ages me enough already. I work in finance so my day to day life stays boring and occupied. 

I honestly don’t buy that many Lego sets and prefer just buying parts off BrickLink. I’m currently working on a ~1910 industrial line shaft factory that will hopefully eventually be massive. It’s not based off any specific buildings here, but more so just based off the old industrial Chicago warehouses that are still prevalent across the city. I just started it after planning it out over the last several months, so now I’m slowly gathering parts. I’ve also been working on a functional Zamboni that I’ve restarted about 10 times now but hopefully I will get it finished up by summer. I really have always found myself drawn to Technic every since I was a kid, but as an adult, I’ve really enjoyed a lot of the modular sets.

Outside of using Lego as my decompression (along with dark beers and cannabis), I enjoy cooking, hockey, tattoos, punk/hardcore and just chillin with the family. 
lowleadmadforLEGO560HeliportCymbelineSwitchfoot55gmonkey76KungFuKennypxchrisOldfanbandit778SumoLego

Comments

• BurdenOfEmpireBurdenOfEmpire ChicagoMember Posts: 6
    Oh and also, Riley Gale forever
    lowlead
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 337
    Yo!  Welcome BOE!  Finance by day and thrash metal by night - niccccce!  That warehouse project sounds like a masterpiece in the making - photos of your progress are always welcome.
    Perhaps the most curious thing is the Zamboni - now there's something we don't see in LEGO often.  Looking forward to that rollout!
    gmonkey76BurdenOfEmpireKungFuKenny
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,285
    edited December 2021
    Welcome to the forum! Chicago and Chicagoland (suburbs) is a great place for a LEGO fan to be with 5 LEGO stores in the area, along with a LEGO Discovery Center near the Woodfield mall store... Also with a few Bricks and Minifigs stores in the Chicagoland area and a Brickmania store around Woodfield as well
    BurdenOfEmpiregmonkey76KungFuKenny
    Welcome to the forum! Chicago and Chicagoland (suburbs) is a great place for a LEGO fan to be with 5 LEGO stores in the area, along with a LEGO Discovery Center near the Woodfield mall store... Also with a few Bricks and Minifigs stores in the Chicagoland area and a Brickmania store around Woodfield as well
    Went out to the Bricks and Minifigs in Wheaton yesterday!  Here’s a pic of the first section of the factory I’m working on, which will be the basement
    Switchfoot55madforLEGOgmonkey76
    Here’s a few more of the elevator and vaulted sidewalk. All of this will eventually be covered
    BooTheMightyHamster560HeliportSwitchfoot55madforLEGOgmonkey76BumblepantsPJ76ukKungFuKennySirBen
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,744
    Welcome to the forum. Great to have another Chicagoan around.
    BurdenOfEmpiremadforLEGOKungFuKenny
  • MeganLMeganL Chicagoland Outpost, Brickset TowersMember Posts: 131
    Welcome!  In addition to the LEGO and other stores mentioned earlier, there are also a few LUGs in the Chicago area if you're looking for opportunities to show your creations.
    BurdenOfEmpireKungFuKennySirBen
    Couple of pics of the Zamboni
    560HeliportCymbelineSirBenAstrobricksBumblepantsModeltrainman

Getting a little further along!
    560HeliportCymbeline