Several Dacta Town sets missing from the database?

zagrammenzagrammen Member Posts: 5
edited March 2012 in The Database
Hello, I have been a happy user of Brickset for some time now. Being a collector of also Dacta sets, I am wondering why the following (not even very rare) Dacta Town sets are entirely missing from the database? All of these can be found for example from BrickLink with pictures and inventories, and since I have them all, I would also be glad to help to fill in the new info for these, if I only knew how to do it:

-9534 Town Street Theme (for reference, see: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=9354-1 )
-9536 Town Environment (for reference, see: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=9356-1 )
-9360 Road Plates And Scenery (for reference, see: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=9360-1 )
-9370 Lego System Road Plates (for reference, see: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=9370-1 )

I appreciate Your attention and any advice. Thank You!

Comments

• collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    @zagrammen - I can add these on for you, if you want to post some more you want added I can do those as well?

I am also a collector of dacta, so if you have any information not listed anywhere on these sets you could share that would be great!
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,439
    Thanks both. @zagremmen, can you provide pictures to avoid plagurising BrickLink, please?
  • zagrammenzagrammen Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for Your replies, both. I actually provided some of the pictures for two of these (instructions, box) also to BL, because they were not all there before. However, this was quite a long ago, I'll have to check what I have. Of course I can take more pictures, but I have most of these packed away for the moment in a non-convenient location, so that will take some time... And how do I do practically provide these pictures to You (sorry to ask, but I am a newbie here... :) )

And @collect_that, what type of unlisted info You are looking for? Part inventories, instructions, what? Two of these (9534 & 9536) do come with several picture "cards" in place of instructions, that I have not seen published anywhere so far...
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    Hey @zagrammen

I think my wording was a bit unclear? I didn't mean the sets that you mentioned, rather sets that you know of that are not listed anywhere else or sets that are listed but details about are not available or known??
    Ok @collect_that, now I understand. :) I have 483 different kinds of sets in my collection, but so far I think these four are the only ones not already listed in BrickSet that I know of. I'll have to re-check for that anyway... And of course I will report anything like this if found! :)
    Hey sorry, I mixed up the first two sets numbers in my first message (although they are correct in the links provided): the first is 9354, not 9534, and the second is 9356, not 9536. Sorry again, my bad, but it seems You already added these to the database, so can You please correct the numbers?
  • JezLisleJezLisle Member Posts: 1
    I have been given this Lego Dacta Town Set 9356, but don't have any instructions to build it. Does anyone have a copy that can be put on PDF and send me?

Would be very grateful as I have a pile of bricks and don't know what's needed to build it :-)

Thanks in anticipation,
    Jez
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 621
    edited March 2013
    ^Keep in mind that many Dacta sets do not have detailed instructions; the pictures on the box and some insert cards of the finished buildings/vehicles might be all that exist for that set. Not saying that #9356 is like this, but #9355 and #9364 do not come with instructions, for example.

Also, if you have the box, it shows all the bricks that come with the set. Even if you don't, you can probably find a picture of the box front on peeron or elsewhere on the web (maybe even brickset???).
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,348
    edited March 2013
    Yeah dacta sets typically come with drawings on large cards, and a LEGO creation of the drawing on the back, so you can kinda make out how to build most of the hospital, for example, but not entirely.
    I think I have the cards to #9356, but not sure.. Ill check and send scans to you if I have them.
    My set of #9356 was MISB at the time I bought it, so I can confirm that the set indeed has no "normal" type of instructions, but instead just the picture with parts count ( see http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?I=9356-1 ) and insert cards with pictures for reference to inspire young builders. These Dacta sets were meant to be educational, and the "educational purpose" of sets like 9354 and 9356 was to make kids learn how the day-to-day activities of society and communities, buildings, vehicles etc. work, and then inspire them to build it emulating what they see in the photos of the large cards using their own creativity, and thus no specific instructions, which would mean only "copying" the ideas of others. :)