Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Jurassic Park/World Discussion

LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 910
Hello, after talking to Huw and being given the ok signal I will be making a place for all things related to JP/JW sets. While we don't know for how long LEGO will have this license I though it best to unite all the disparate threads discussions under one roof, specially since Universal Studios released JW Dominion Prologue to the public, I am sure that we might get a helicopter set (the video is so far for all intents and purpose part of the film, they may change it but take into account spoilers):
https://youtu.be/V9txyZ-kRgM
The_Rancor

Comments

• LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 910
    It finally happened!!!!! @Huw I am sorry to ping you but JW Dominion trailer dropped, let the set discussions commence!!!!
    Jurassic World Dominion - Official Trailer [4K] - YouTube

If it is allowed I have a whole host of videos of my Jurassic World Evolution 2 (park simulator) parks that I can share with the community if allowed as I am a YT Content Creator if not, it will be cool.
    BumblepantsThe_Rancor
    Ok, from the trailer I can see the and suspect the following:

Spoilers for the trailer

-Apatosaurus Lumber Camp;
    -Parasolophus Rodeo; 
    -Malta Chase (big one with Demon, Allo and x2 Atrociraptors);
    -Mosasaurus (there have been four showings with this films and shows of the Mosa LEGO, surely she will come here);
    -Dino Excavation;
    -Plane Quetzal crash;
    -there is a scene with multiple smaller flyers coming out of a building;
    -a big spoiler at the start of the trailer;
    -Giga encounter;
    -Rexy Helo chase (you know it will happen);
    -DILOPHOSAURUS encounter;
    -Thery chase,
    -Pachicerinus Rodeo

There is a shot or a massive facility which I hope is made as a UCS style LEGO set with nano figures.

What did you spotted?
    Images as follows:

KungFuKenny

Nasu:

Lordmoral said:
    Ok, from the trailer I can see the and suspect the following:

Spoilers for the trailer

-Apatosaurus Lumber Camp;
    -Parasolophus Rodeo; 
    -Malta Chase (big one with Demon, Allo and x2 Atrociraptors);
    -Mosasaurus (there have been four showings with this films and shows of the Mosa LEGO, surely she will come here);
    -Dino Excavation;
    -Plane Quetzal crash;
    -there is a scene with multiple smaller flyers coming out of a building;
    -a big spoiler at the start of the trailer;
    -Giga encounter;
    -Rexy Helo chase (you know it will happen);
    -DILOPHOSAURUS encounter;
    -Thery chase,
    -Pachicerinus Rodeo

There is a shot or a massive facility which I hope is made as a UCS style LEGO set with nano figures.

What did you spotted?
    It is not a Pachicherinus Rodeo, but rather a Nasuteraps.
    Red feathered raptor is the Pyroraptor and the one woth long claws is a Therizinosaurus.
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 1,148
    ...wow.
    LordmoralThe_RancorSumoLegoBumblepants
    I know
    Someone in another media suggested a LEGO JW 2 with all 6 films and Camp Cretaceous content.... yes please.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,487
    Yep there’s definitely a lot going on in that trailer! But we knew this would be the case when they’re no longer restricted to one of the parks and they could be anywhere. Interesting to note the feathered dinosaurs because it’s something palaeontologists moaned about for years, despite Jurassic Park literally saying the dinosaurs were genetically modified.
    KungFuKennyLordmoral
    The Quetzalcoaltus man, they were actually big (not my pictures):

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,197
    jmeninno said:
    ...wow.
    I hear ya, bro.  Lots of dinos.
    LordmoraljmeninnoBumblepantsFizyx
    Lordmoral said:
    Hello, after talking to Huw and being given the ok signal I will be making a place for all things related to JP/JW sets. While we don't know for how long LEGO will have this license I though it best to unite all the disparate threads discussions under one roof, specially since Universal Studios released JW Dominion Prologue to the public, I am sure that we might get a helicopter set (the video is so far for all intents and purpose part of the film, they may change it but take into account spoilers):
    https://youtu.be/V9txyZ-kRgM
    And this Prologue has more (adult Allosaurus and Nasuratops are shown in Battle for Big Rock)

Good news, here is basically confirmation on the most exiting thing ever: 
    DFW Helicopter T-Rex Cinema chase:

How sad would it had been if there was no helicopter set, now watch as there really isn't any helicopter LEGO set....
    KungFuKenny
    More creatures from the Prologue:
    Oviraptor:
    Nasuceratops:
    Some type of Ankylosaurus (if it is not our good chunky boy):
    Quetzalcoaltus feasting on a dead carcass and regular sized peterosaurus oh BTW:
    Forget Brachiosaurus, these South American sauropods are called Dreadnoughts (we miss you Brachi): 
    Peterosaurus not Pteradons, different species:

Microraptor:
    Feathered Rex:
    Giganotosaurus (South American carnivore who hunted those SA sauropods children):
    Now I may be wrong here but this here might be an Iguanadon:

There is also Battle of Big Rock which I will seek pictures of as well. 
    From 2 years ago, we initially suspected thag we were getting Allosaurus (seen in what appears to me Malta alongside the Carnotaurus) but LEGO never released the sets:
    https://youtu.be/C7kbVvpOGdQ
    These are as follow:
    Adult Allosaurus vs Nasuceratops:

Stegosaurus road guard:
    Adult Allosaurus (seriously, these things were monsters):
    Catch it Pteradon:
    Nasu and bebe dino:
    In you go Great White Shark as Mosa needs her food:
    Girl chased by Compis and being recorded:
    Fishermen and a Para:
    More shots from the main trailer (only the dinos are what matters here):
    Pyro charging:

Ok, imagine this facility and with nano scale figures:

Our Dilophosaurus girl:

Atrociraptor in Malta (basically they might use a raptor mold):

SumoLego said:
    jmeninno said:
    ...wow.
    I hear ya, bro.  Lots of dinos.
    The dedication is uncanny.
    Lordmoral
    Jurassic World Dominion sets officially revealed ok, here are the names so discuss away:

Should be a Nasu here but that is ok:

And finally:

KungFuKenny
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,571
    Surely 99.9% of this belongs in the "Off Topic" area? Surely this is not the place for posting dozens of pictures of dinosaurs from films etc.?
    pxchrisjmeninnokarrit
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,244
    ^ what he said.

There is a line between discussing a new film and possible sets that might come from it and posting a crap ton of screenshots from said film over numerous posts.

Then add in screenshots from Brickset...

Ugh.
    Dude.

.....dude.....
    jmeninnokarrit
    Surely 99.9% of this belongs in the "Off Topic" area? Surely this is not the place for posting dozens of pictures of dinosaurs from films etc.?
    I talked to Huw months ago about this thread, if he sees it better to have it moved somewhere else it is his, and the moderators call:

Since we will be discussing JW Dominion sets (no leaks of sets) I saw it appropriated to include official images and see how far off they are from the trailers because I know not everyone wants to see the trailers and the Brickset page is not always a good place to discuss things on beyond our initial impressions.
    But you have given me an idea for a suggestion, have the related discussion threads linked in the appropriate channels so as to allow users on the main page a better area for discussions. 

I appreciate the help.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,503
    When I was five I ate cinnamon dinosaur shaped cookies from the store with my best friend. The triceratops was my favorite.
    jmeninnoKungFuKennyLordmoralRussell844pxchrisbricktuaryMynatt
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,363
    As a fan of the Ford Speed Champions vehicles, I'm excited to finally see the Ford Explorer make an appearance.
    KungFuKennyLordmoral
    When I was five I ate cinnamon dinosaur shaped cookies from the store with my best friend. The triceratops was my favorite.
    I saw Jurassic Park at home, could barely understand what was going on and barely made transitions of the locations sense, then I saw TLW on cinema with my parents and around that time LEGO came out with their very similar concept regarding the Adventures line.
    The  JP3 gave us the Spino and later JW came and we were all perplexed that we finally had a  operating park, then Fallen Kingdom hit us like a truck.

It has been a wild ride and I am thankful not going with the same feeling alone when Dominion hits.....

I know the JP/JW creatures are paleo inaccurate and for a time I didn't accepted those as I preferred the movie versions but in time grew to love the way more realistic visualizations have come to be. 

Cannot contain my excitement but I know I have to for the sake of controlling my hype (this was my first love before Star Wars). 

bricktuary
    As a fan of the Ford Speed Champions vehicles, I'm excited to finally see the Ford Explorer make an appearance.
    It was probably licensing issues keeping LEGO out of doing sets with actual branded vehicles but now that you mention it, this COULD open the doors to more movie accurate vehicles given that thanks to the Speed Champions line they might have the fees negotiated.

This opens the doors to recreate TLW scenes and potentially the Jeep Explorer from the first and 4th film.
    But seriously, on a hyped line of sets regarding the Jurassic line we have gotten more vehicle diversity than what we want the sets in the first place for:

the creatures.
    edited February 2022
    Indeed, but the Dominion writers seem to be broadening their available roster to include more than just the old gang, Nasuterapod has been heavily features in Dominion material SO far, and that set should have had a Nasu unless, Dominion trailer makers are pulling a bait and switch with us. 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,523
    My favourite part of Jurassic Park was the SGI Crimson, as I used one at work when the movie came out (along with the cheaper Iris machines). We even had the fsn 3D filestore software. But that was crap.

I wonder if the Crimson will have a cameo appearance in the new film, as it is now a real dinosaur.
    CCC said:
    My favourite part of Jurassic Park was the SGI Crimson, as I used one at work when the movie came out (along with the cheaper Iris machines). We even had the fsn 3D filestore software. But that was crap.

I wonder if the Crimson will have a cameo appearance in the new film, as it is now a real dinosaur.
    Are you talking about the Computer Bank in the Operation Centers? If so, a representation of that could have already be in the JP set.
    You know what this thread needs?

A few more dinosaur pics.
    LordmoralBumblepantspxchrisRedbullgivesuwind
    edited February 2022
    No more official pictures yet, and posting leaks is something I won't do. And I will only accept official things LEGO hasn't (for some limiting reason) given us more JP/JW/CC creatures over vehicles on a line that is mostly dino focused.
    A JW Jeep Tour truck with Gallimimus running around with guests and a JP3 Spino return would be welcomed.

The videogame LEGO Jurassic World gave go much variety in both dinos and transports that I wonder what is keeping LEGO from taking advantage of more sets if they aren't being worked on already.
    I got a set of sponge dinosaurs that came in a capsule.  When placed in water, they grew 10x larger.  Then three days after that they smelled like moldy wet socks.  And then my Mom threw them out.

True story.
    jmeninno said:
    A few more dinosaur pics.
    Brah, if only they had backwards hats.  Also, the bandwidth for the Forum has been exhausted, and it's only February.  Only ASCII images are allowed moving forward.

(Kidding... ish...)

jmeninnoBumblepants560HeliportKungFuKenny
    Lordmoral said:
    CCC said:

Are you talking about the Computer Bank in the Operation Centers? If so, a representation of that could have already be in the JP set.
    No, it wasn't a computer bank, it was a single computer.  The red box.

MarshallmarioSumoLegoLordmoral

MarshallmarioKungFuKennySumoLego
    Are we posting photos of our furnaces?
    Marshallmario
    SumoLego said:
    Not sure.

But we could surely use a few more pictures of dinosaurs.
    LordmoralSumoLegoMarshallmario
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,503
    @Lordmoral could you please link your YouTube so we can see your Jurassic videos there? Thanks
    LordmoralSumoLego
    @Lordmoral could you please link your YouTube so we can see your Jurassic videos there? Thanks
    I could but, since it is self promo I will need:
    A) Huw permission and
    B) Place them in a separate thread.

I have 3 Playlist of JWE 2 videos but I also have videos of Mass Effect games (M rated series), I need to do it right.

jmeninno said:
    SumoLego said:
    Not sure.

But we could surely use a few more pictures of dinosaurs.
    We do need more photos of dinos, do you have any of the various dinos in the movies and Camp Cretaceus that have yet to male the jump to LEGO form? I wonder why we got an amazing roster in LEGO JW but not in physical products, must have problems with the molds.
    The Pyroraptor is slightly off accuracy, the lower portions should be a blue grey but it looks decent enough compared to the one in the trailer, the Tricera isn't the one for that scene.
    jmeninno said:
    SumoLego said:
    Not sure.
    Your loss.  I have many photos of the very rare Furanosaurus and Boileropterix.
    jmeninnoBumblepantsMarshallmario
  • Weepy_DonutsWeepy_Donuts Greenville, SCMember Posts: 36
    I don’t know if this will change but Target is no longer allowing preorders of T. Rex Breakout. It looks like it is still available at Lego [email protected]
    Lordmoral
    SumoLego said:
    jmeninno said:
    SumoLego said:
    Not sure.
    Your loss.  I have many photos of the very rare Furanosaurus and Boileropterix.
    I mean, you could post them.  It's all the rage these days to post, post, post.