Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BFCM offers at LEGO.com

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 5,159
edited November 22 in Brickset.com articles
BFCM offers at LEGO.com

The Black Friday/Cyber Monday offers at LEGO.com have now been disclosed:

• Free 40483 Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber when you purchase 75313 AT-AT
  • Free 40484 Santa's Front Yard with purchases over $170/£170/€170
  • Free fleece blanket for VIPs spending over $200 on Cyber Monday only

Plus various other VIP point related offers.

In theory, then, and assuming it's still in stock, if you buy the AT-AT on Monday you'll receive all three.

Find out more at LEGO.com »

© 2021 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Comments

• BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 411
    From the Lego website:

Look for one-day “doorbusters” and discounted rewards, coming 26/11!

Cyber Monday – £5 off “doorbuster”

Redeem 560 VIP points (normally 800) for a £5 off discount voucher. 29/11 only.*

Can't quite wrap my head around how this is suppose to be a deal worth busting (virtual?) doors down?

KungFuKennyBumblepantsBrainsluggedAstrobricksgmonkey76OnebricktoomanyMarshallmario
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,080
    That fleece blanket has got to be worth busting a few doors down for! :)
    Onebricktoomany

Sounds like you're a sucker for being fleeced ;)
    monkeyhangerBumblepantsKungFuKennyAstrobricksgmonkey76CymbelineOnebricktoomanyYellowcastle
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,060
    Basty said:

that was baaad.
    BastyKungFuKennymonkeyhangerLo1sJessgmonkey76CymbelineOnebricktoomanyMarshallmarioYellowcastle
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,851
    Basty said:
    Can't quite wrap my head around how this is suppose to be a deal worth busting (virtual?) doors down?
    True. After the past couple of years of election riots, Brexit riots, BLM riots, lockdown riots, mandated vaccination riots and Rittenhouse riots, it's gonna take a lot more than a slight discount on £5 credit to encourage me to break out my door-busting gear again.
    KungFuKennyAddicted2Oxygengmonkey761265Onebricktoomany
    edited November 22
    Basty said:

that was baaad.
    Oh flock off! :)

Herd that one before.
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsBastygmonkey76OnebricktoomanyMarshallmarioYellowcastle
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,258
    You sheeple are going way out on a lamb.
    KungFuKennymonkeyhangergmonkey76OnebricktoomanyYellowcastle
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 2,150
    edited November 22
    At least Lego made a Ewe turn on the uk price of the AT-AT and this time it wasn't to Ram another price hike on us.
    monkeyhangerKungFuKennygmonkey76OnebricktoomanyYellowcastle
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,721
    Just out of curiosity anyone know the size of the blanket? The VIP Sign is about the size of a US licence plate, and definitely not worth the $200 price point. My guess is it's the size of a baby blanket. 
    AstrobricksKungFuKennymonkeyhangerOnebricktoomanyYellowcastle
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,687
    gmonkey76 said:
    Just out of curiosity anyone know the size of the blanket? The VIP Sign is about the size of a US licence plate, and definitely not worth the $200 price point. My guess is it's the size of a baby blanket. 
    Probably not a California king ;-)
    gmonkey76KungFuKennymonkeyhangerOnebricktoomanyYellowcastle
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 650
    edited November 23
    gmonkey76 said:
    I’m assuming it’s a Scala blanket, so about 7x7 (studs)…

Might be the one from the Mini Cooper #10242 :

Lego Cloth Picnic Tablecloth  Blanket with Red Checkered Pattern
    That's 12,5x12,5 studs - 219% bigger!
    KungFuKennygmonkey76messyOnebricktoomanyMarshallmarioYellowcastle
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,923
    That fleece is probably closer in composition to a LEGO brick than a lamb.

KungFuKennygmonkey76OnebricktoomanyYellowcastle
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,721
    So I just got my last order. The VIP Sign was bent and there's no pre drilled holes to hang it up. Starting to feel like I got fleeced on this one. Oh well looks like a call to CS about a replacement for the bent.
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 582
    not sure if mentioned elsewhere, looks like the "selected sets on discount" will be 20% discount as Lego have a google ad.

The_RancorBumblepantsOnebricktoomanyrd1899
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,507
    eMJeeNL said:

Might be the one from the Mini Cooper #10242 :

Lego Cloth Picnic Tablecloth  Blanket with Red Checkered Pattern
    That's 12,5x12,5 studs - 219% bigger!
    As far as I can tell this is the same part (but different part number) as the picninc rug in my kids Duplo. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=blankie05pb01&idColor=1#T=C&C=1 or at least quite certainly 'cut from the same cloth'.

KungFuKennyOnebricktoomany560Heliport
    Excluding GWP you get when you buy a specific set. e.g Colosseum. What has been the highest ever threshold for getting a GWP?

Basty said:
    Excluding GWP you get when you buy a specific set. e.g Colosseum. What has been the highest ever threshold for getting a GWP?

Not excluding specifics, if you consider the black VIP card as a thoroughly useless GWP, the UCS MF has the coliseum beaten hands down.
    gmonkey76Astrobricks
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,204
    edited November 24
    Basty said:
    Well, you had to spend $799 in the US (on the MF) to get this fiasco of a promo…

besides that, the $250 spend for the vintage sign may be the highest threshold not tied to a specific set…
    Marshallmariogmonkey76AstrobricksYellowcastle
    Basty said:
    Well, you had to spend $799 in the US (on the MF) to get this fiasco of a promo…

besides that, the $250 spend for the vintage sign may be the highest threshold not tied to a specific set…
    That promo sells for about £150 upwards, indicating some demand at that price. Whereas the chariot is down at about £35.

The black card may have been a fiasco (and an expensive set), but at least the item itself was something different.
    KungFuKennyYellowcastle
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,204
    ^ Agreed!- I think (for resale purposes) one should never underestimate the appeal of Star Wars promos with limited availability.  From a design and “buildability” standpoint I would rather have one of the new lightsaber GWPs, however…
    gmonkey76
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,060
    I am still happy with getting my name printed on an official Lego product even if it was just a black VIP Card. They did mishandle the promo big time though by poorly setting expectations and not communicating well.
    gmonkey76560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,687
    CCC said:
    Basty said:

That promo sells for about £150 upwards, indicating some demand at that price. Whereas the chariot is down at about £35.

The black card may have been a fiasco (and an expensive set), but at least the item itself was something different.
    For £150, do people expect the card with it?
    CCC said:
    Basty said:

What? I need to get mine found and sold ASAP!
    KungFuKenny
    CCC said:
    Basty said:

For £150, do people expect the card with it?
    I don't think so, just tge sealed set. That minifig torso is very valuable!
    Astrobricks
    Just looking at the dimensions of the fleece blanket and its pretty small. Not sure how much use it would be, but its quite the luxurious item costing ~ £103 per SQM

LEGO® VIP Fleece Blanket 127 x 152.4 cm / 50 x 60 inch (5007023)

KungFuKennygmonkey76Bumblepants