Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego.com delays

AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 950
I've never experienced delays like this from Lego.com before.

I placed an order back in October that included the Hogwarts Express 75955, and have since received 4 separate email advising me of delay, each one telling giving me a new estimated delivery date. On 1/11 I was told it would ship by 2/12. On 8/11 it was 14/1/22. On 18/11 it was 16/2. Today it is now 14/3.

When I checked a couple of weeks ago this set was still available for order, with an estimated ship date of December.

I've asked to cancel but I don't know if that's possible as I don't have the GWP to return. Well, I do, but it's no longer new. They've already taken payment.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,526
    Aleydita said:
    I've never experienced delays like this from Lego.com before.

I placed an order back in October that included the Hogwarts Express 75955, and have since received 4 separate email advising me of delay, each one telling giving me a new estimated delivery date. On 1/11 I was told it would ship by 2/12. On 8/11 it was 14/1/22. On 18/11 it was 16/2. Today it is now 14/3.

When I checked a couple of weeks ago this set was still available for order, with an estimated ship date of December.

I've asked to cancel but I don't know if that's possible as I don't have the GWP to return. Well, I do, but it's no longer new. They've already taken payment.
    I wouldn't worry about the GWP. I don't think I've ever been asked to return one, although I've only been in the same situation twice. It is not like you are buying then returning just to get a free set. It is their fault.
    gmonkey76
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 646
    ^ likewise, i've never had to return a GWP.. specifically in this case they keep changing the due date and changing from November to March is a "material" change.

i'd expect you are due some "service recovery" alongside the cancellation/keep GWP as to move your order out by up to 4 months is unreasonable.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,822
    Last time I returned a set to store I brought in the GWP too. They let me keep the GWP so I'd wouldn't worry about having to return it.
    KungFuKenny
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 950

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm really sorry to hear you haven't received your set 75955. Indeed, it's temporarily out of stock.

I understand it can be frustrating to wait but we're experiencing huge volume of orders and some items and some sets will take longer to be produced again. We're doing our best to satisfy all our fans.

If you wish to cancel this set, I'll be happy to do so and there won't be any payment charged of course.

Regarding the sets you've received and paid for, do you want to return them as well? If they're new and not used you have 90 days to return them starting from the day of receipt.

Please do let me know what you decide on the set on hold and I'd be happy to sort it out.

• AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 950
    I responded with the same original message and their next reply confirmed they cancelled. No mention of having to return GWPs I couldn't return, so it's all good.
    Fizyx
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,572
    If the Hogwarts Express was in stock when you ordered it (at least as far as you knew) then I'd say they owed you the GWP- especially as you ordered and paid for other sets. 
    There are plenty of #75955 at Target stores near me- but I can't imagine what it would cost to send one from the USA to Belgium!