Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Sets with mixtures of dark/light gray parts and their bluish counterparts?

gt7319cgt7319c Atlanta, GAMember Posts: 32
Hello,

I recently purchased a large tub of legos containing parts from many sets during the late 90’s to early 00’s time frame, and I’ve been sorting and identifying sets based on parts or minifigures unique to particular sets using Bricklink.  So far, it’s been fairly easy, but I’ve encountered a couple of cases that has left me wondering whether Lego ever shipped sets in the more modern era of bluish gray parts that contained some parts in the older gray colors.  For example, I’ve found the majority of parts for set #6206, but the decorated dish part 3960px4 I found is dark gray, whereas all of the other gray parts for the set are of the bluish variety.  Likewise, I think I’ve identified the presence of set #4500, which is supposed to have bluish gray parts, but the decorated tile part 3069bps1 I’ve found are of the older gray vintage.  Has anyone experienced or observed mixtures of the types of grays before?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,998
    There were some sets like this in the changeover period 2003/4 . 2006 seems a bit late and that dish did come in a lot of sets, so if selling, you'd probably need to get the correct colour. If building, keep it as it is if you are happy with it.
    KungFuKenny
  • gt7319cgt7319c Atlanta, GAMember Posts: 32
    That makes sense. Thank you for the quick reply @CCC !