Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lukes Light saber

babieface75babieface75 ukMember Posts: 102
Thought i would put this out early before everyone else does and iam going to miss out if i cant find a reasonable priced one..
If anyone is buying more than one lot or doesnt care for the light saber,i really want one to go with my yoda.
I wont be buying anything come black fridays event or the double VIP as theres nothing i would like to buy to get it ( and i cant afford it as iam skint what with xmas coming up) ,i certainly dont have the £700 for the new set,anyway if anyone does have one they are willing to part with, iam in the UK,just drop me a pm,
Cheers

Comments

• babieface75babieface75 ukMember Posts: 102
    Any one,ive just looked on ebay and they are taking the mickey,may even buy from abroad but iam not spending that stupid amount on a £20 low piece set,Maybe they will become sensible in the future.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,398
    Any one,ive just looked on ebay and they are taking the mickey,may even buy from abroad but iam not spending that stupid amount on a £20 low piece set, Maybe they will become sensible in the future.
    Sadly, I doubt it.
    madforLEGOgmonkey76jon_k
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,285
    edited November 2021
    samiam391 said:
    Any one,ive just looked on ebay and they are taking the mickey,may even buy from abroad but iam not spending that stupid amount on a £20 low piece set, Maybe they will become sensible in the future.
    Sadly, I doubt it.

Agreed, the issue is that it takes (typically) a purchase of the UCS AT-AT to get the bonus. Anyone that will sell on the saber the person that wants it will basically want to sell it to help cover the large cost of said set. Couple that with the low numbers being given out as a GWP vs the large number of people that likely want them and you will have an expensive piece. Heck I bought a '89 Batmobile partly because I wanted the smaller GWP version.
    Now, you may see these come up as a limited redeemable VIP reward type promo in the future (if LEGO has anymore), but that is a stretch as Im guessing these will all be given out as there will always be Star Wars fans will to shill out the money for a set like the AT-AT. But you can always hope (or again hope there is a good Samaritan here that would give one up for not a lot, you never know)
    Finally, if they are really really expensive you may just want to get the inventory list of the parts, and buy them from Bricklink and make the set yourself, as it may be cheaper than what a set would cost via the aftermarket (but any special pieces will likely not be available via BL).
    gmonkey76FizyxKungFuKenny
    samiam391 said:
    Sadly, I doubt it.

Agreed, the issue is that it takes (typically) a purchase of the UCS AT-AT to get the bonus. Anyone that will sell on the saber the person that wants it will basically want to sell it to help cover the large cost of said set. Couple that with the low numbers being given out as a GWP vs the large number of people that likely want them and you will have an expensive piece. Heck I bought a '89 Batmobile partly because I wanted the smaller GWP version.
    Now, you may see these come up as a limited redeemable VIP reward type promo in the future (if LEGO has anymore), but that is a stretch as Im guessing these will all be given out as there will always be Star Wars fans will to shill out the money for a set like the AT-AT. But you can always hope (or again hope there is a good Samaritan here that would give one up for not a lot, you never know)
    Finally, if they are really really expensive you may just want to get the inventory list of the parts, and buy them from Bricklink and make the set yourself, as it may be cheaper than what a set would cost via the aftermarket (but any special pieces will likely not be available via BL).

Problem with that is i have yodas legit version and thats why i asked,i dont want to BL it,i may well have to look at what i have for trade or i could be a absolute arsehole and go buy the set,get the light sabre and then take it back for a refund and pay for the sabre but thats a snide move and not me but at this moment in time i have very little options left,lol
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 871
    edited December 2021
    samiam391 said:
    Sadly, I doubt it.

Problem with that is i have yodas legit version and thats why i asked,i dont want to BL it,i may well have to look at what i have for trade or i could be a absolute arsehole and go buy the set,get the light sabre and then take it back for a refund and pay for the sabre but thats a snide move and not me but at this moment in time i have very little options left,lol
    I don't  think it works like that. 
    In T&C it states If you return the set you have to return the GWP which you got with it as well. 

I spoke to manager of one London store when the Camp Nou came out and people were trying to return the set without the GWP . 
    They wouldn't accept the return without the GWP. 

KungFuKennyericbBrainslugged560Heliport
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,004
    The AT-AT will be on sale somewhere at some stage. That is why the GWP is so expensive,  people are factoring the future discount as the value of the GWP. Plus demand/supply.
    Yep,looks like iam going to have to try and find that one person who will take new boxed as trades,its looking grim,as they say up north,lol
    Actually,just checked the sold on the old evilbay and theyve dropped £40,selling for around £70-£80 now,so thats getting better,i may get one eventually,yay.