Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BrickLink Designer Crowdfunding - Reopening Bids for Seasons In Time

fulcrumbopfulcrumbop Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 4
There is a change.org petition set up to convince BrickLink to reconsider reopening the ordering for the Seasons in Time Calendar as part of the Designer Crowdfunding Program, taking into account how far along the selection progress volume was when the cutoff took place.  The set was well on its way to reaching 3,000 orders within the first day, and would certainly, if given the chance, reach the 10,000 maximum production level.  If you were one of the over 2,000 disenfranchised customers who were deprived the chance to own such a great set, or if you are still interested in owning the set, please sign the petition:  https://chng.it/NTCg854zxH.
KungFuKenny

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,526
    And what about other whines such as can they also allow in models that got to 1K on IDEAS. They were on their way ...

KungFuKenny
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,390
    Haven’t they said they would release the instructions for the sets that won’t be made? If they do, you can always piece it out on your own. You’re not missing out on printed instructions or an elaborate box design anyway.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,368
    edited November 2021
    I was a big fan of this set as well, and I hope they do release instructions for it. I suspect if Brent had been able to make it a bit smaller (somewhere in the $170 range) it would’ve had a lot better chance of success…
    I don’t see the point of a petition either, but it’s hard for me to criticize anyone who is passionate about Lego! I think, however, that you do you have to respect the process outlined in the bricklink crowdfund rules.  This process certainly isn’t a huge moneymaker for Lego, and I appreciate the fact that they are doing it at all!  
    autolycusFizyxgmonkey76ReesesPiecesAstrobricksMarshallmarioYellowcastle
  • fulcrumbopfulcrumbop Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 4
    @Paperballpark - The Kakapo didn't "just beat" the 6th place (looks like it was Bionicle) set in the 1st round; Bionicle and the Particle Accelerator were only around 1,000 selections when that cutoff happened.  And that was after 6 of the sets in that round were pulled out ahead of the "crowdfunding".  So, there was a clear separation in that instance and no need for a petition.  The process is what was flawed; setting up a race to the finish line instead of a condensed timeframe in which to order the sets.  And the designers of the sets agreed as well; several had complained to BrickLink prior to Round 1 about how the program was a poor arrangement for both designers and customers to pit the sets against each other.

@CCC - That's an invalid comparison.  IDEAS has 18 MONTHS for a set to reach 1,000 supporters.  Keep trying though; maybe you'll be able to complete a sentence next time.

@autolycus - The FAQ listing isn't clear about the instructions; it says, "PDF building instructions will also be made publicly available when sets begin shipping."  Since only the "funded" sets are to be shipped, this leads one to believe that the other instructions won't be available.

If you don't want to sign, don't sign.
  • fulcrumbopfulcrumbop Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 4
    @Paperballpark, I have to laugh, as if I have anything to worry about you not being nice.  Let's get something straight: it was YOU and @CCC who first decided to be dismissive and condescending (and insulting, with the "whines" snark) after the first posting.  Yes, you're right, this was my first time in the forum, but only because this was for a just cause, and because I've seen some of the junk that's posted in here by wet blankets such as yourself who think they have some actual power over others, or meaning in others lives, by throwing shade.  I checked with Huw prior to posting the link to the petition; he suggested the forum instead of the main site.

It's clear that you know nothing about me, but it's also obvious that YOU also have no idea what it means to be an advocate for others.  I'm guessing you were beaten down throughout life and never had anyone to stand up for you, and for that I truly do feel sorry for you.  

Like I said, if you don't want to sign, don't sign; we (including the designers within the program who disagreed with the process) don't need you.  But don't think you have ANY right to make up rules about what's posted in here.  
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,257
    🤣🤣🤣🤣

I love the hypocrisy of you saying that I clearly know nothing about you, and then in the same paragraph making wild assumptions about me.

Carry on, carry on. 👍
    560HeliportericbFizyxdaewookiki180703
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 972
    Misleading thread title aside, I wonder if a change.org petition has ever actually change.orged anything. It always seems like a massive waste of time and effort.
    560HeliportPDelahantyYellowcastle
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 2,175
    This petition reminds me of all the petitions that were going on after Brexit to have a second referendum. Even though the petitions may have got a lot of votes, at the end of the day we already knew that 16.1 million people voted to stay in Europe, so wake me up when/if the Brexit petition exceeds that number.

Like Brexit, the Scottish referendum and all the US elections... if the vote didn't go one's way, the best thing one can do is suck it up and move on.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,526
    This petition reminds me of all the petitions that were going on after Brexit to have a second referendum. Even though the petitions may have got a lot of votes, at the end of the day we already knew that 16.1 million people voted to stay in Europe, so wake me up when/if the Brexit petition exceeds that number.

Like Brexit, the Scottish referendum and all the US elections... if the vote didn't go one's way, the best thing one can do is suck it up and move on.
    And the more important votes  like if the wrong person gets voted off Strictly or the wrong singer/band get the Christmas No. 1...

Misleading thread title aside, I wonder if a change.org petition has ever actually change.orged anything. It always seems like a massive waste of time and effort.
    Wasn't one of the get rid of plastic toys in cereal / McD's / comics campaigns started on there? But yes, it is rare that anything gets done. Probably because a lot of them just seem to be rants or whines rather than anything serious.
    Yellowcastle
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 2,175
    ^ I still miss the days of a little plastic dinosaur plopping out into my Rice Crispies in the morning :(
    gmonkey76560Heliportbandit778GothamConstructionCokiki180703Yellowcastle
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.