Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bionicle Inika Sword Won't Stop Lighting

GamesHarderGamesHarder HungaryMember Posts: 2
Hi!
I recently got Matoro but the batteries of his sword were dead, so I went to the store and bought some LR41 batteries.
Replaced the old ones, pushed the button but the flashing doesn't seem to stop.
Someone had the same problem, https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/154296-help-on-inika-light-up-swords/ I tried their solution but didn't work unfortunately.
Any idea what I could do?
Thanks.

Comments

• NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 300
    Did you use an eraser to remove possible corrosion? If it's bad enough that might not work. Start by cleaning it with IPA (isopropyl alcohol). Then, you can carefully clean the metal contacts with sandpaper or a dental pick.

KungFuKennyAstrobricksBobflip
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,333
    The switch is probably dirty.
    KungFuKenny
  • GamesHarderGamesHarder HungaryMember Posts: 2
    Did you use an eraser to remove possible corrosion? If it's bad enough that might not work. Start by cleaning it with IPA (isopropyl alcohol). Then, you can carefully clean the metal contacts with sandpaper or a dental pick.

I've only tried eraser so far, but that didn't seem to work. I'll try to get some IPA and sandpapers.
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 691
    Coca Cola is also great for dissolving corrosion. I've just repaired a couple of Inika weapons that way, left them soaking in a small amount in a cup for a few hours and scratched bits off with a pick a couple of times in the process. I tried a cotton wool bud but I think that ended up lifting the traces up!