Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

40452 Hogwarts Gryffindor Dorms now available with Harry Potter purchases

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 271,917
edited October 2021 in Brickset.com articles
40452 Hogwarts Gryffindor Dorms now available with Harry Potter purchases

Following understandable confusion regarding its availability, 40452 Hogwarts Gryffindor Dorms is now available with Harry Potter purchases totalling £100 or €100 at LEGO.com.

We anticipate the set will soon be available with Harry Potter purchases exceeding $100 in North America too, despite its unexplained removal from LEGO store calendars. In addition, 30392 Hermione's Study Desk is available at LEGO stores with Harry Potter purchases of £40 or €40.

Shop now »

Our review of 40452 Hogwarts Gryffindor Dorms will be published shortly.

© 2021 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Comments

• Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,994
    For those who care, this is live in the US for HP orders over $100. 
    KungFuKennygmonkey76madforLEGO
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 334
    Just bought some extra Harry Potter in order to get that GWP of the Gryffindor Dorms. I do resent having to buy specific set types when I sometimes already have all I need or want of that type!
    Switchfoot55Mr_CrossmadforLEGOKungFuKennyCymbelinesnowhitie
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 770
    I don't like having to buy sets of a specific theme just to get a GWP either but I've learned to hold off on purchasing certain sets because of this.  Every year they seem to do a Harry Potter themed GWP a couple of months after they release the new wave of sets so I just try to be patient & hope the sets I want are still in stock when the GWP's get offered.  The polybag ones a lot of times have already been for sale in Target and/or Walmart before Lego runs them as a GWP so those become easy to pass on unless there is another reason for me to buy something.  Nearest Lego store is too far away for me to plan a trip just to get an in store only polybag GWP.  If they still have the Hermione one in the store when I go on Sunday then I'll find something to buy to get it otherwise I'll wait for it to show up elsewhere eventually.
    madforLEGO7BSstluxsnowhitie
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,642
    I typically buy a set to hold to to maybe sell later when such promos appear. though it is annoying that #40500 appears to have sold out already
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,368
    I typically buy a set to hold to to maybe sell later when such promos appear. though it is annoying that #40500 appears to have sold out already
    I just picked one up at my local store, so you might have luck checking a B&M location…
    gmonkey76
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,813
    edited October 2021
    I think the Minions one lasted less than a week online, and that's why I buy them day one if I want them.
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 775
    "though it is annoying that #40500 appears to have sold out already"

They had them at the Northpark store in Dallas yesterday.
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 300
    The lego store at Pentagon City in Arlington VA had both the wizard and student $15 sets in stock today.  It is frustrating to have gotten most of the sets wanted over last several months and then have to come up with $100 in sets for the GWP.  I did ask if I could use some non HP sets to get to $100 given what I had already purchased earlier and not much left to get but no go.  The dorm GWP is in stock as well as the Hermione polybag.
    ReesesPieces
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,097
    Thanks for the info.  I was planning on heading to potomac mills but maybe I'll check out the Pentagon store instead 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,318
    Am I the only one who just keeps seeing “Gryffindorms”?
    KungFuKenny