Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This site is covered in ads and wont send me a confirmation email to get rid of them.

hTristanhTristan AustraliaMember Posts: 11
edited October 14 in Brickset.com
Seriously the ads are appalling. Can't you be a little less aggressive with them?

Comments

• daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 620
    Agreed.  Occasionally my browser will log me out and it is a complete task to try to get logged back in because of the sheer number of ads.  
    iwybsoldtodd33
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,280
    edited October 12
    I have the same problem... periodically (for whatever reason)... Chrome will not fill in my Brickset password... and I have to simply hit the "LOGIN" key on the above right of this page when entering.  But if you are not fast enough to hit the LOGIN key (you have a split second to do so)... the page gets filled up with ads making login not possible, and I have to exit and get back in up to a dozen times until I click the LOGIN key fast enough to get me back into Brickset.
    Bumblepantsiwybsjason1976Oldfanherbyderby
    That describes it far better than I did.
  • hTristanhTristan AustraliaMember Posts: 11
    I am logged in - but still getting ads, because the 'confirm your email' button is not sending me an email. Yes, Ive checked my folders and my email address. I've clicked the confirm button 20 times. Nothing.
    Scratch that, checked all my folders again and they were in spam.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportWesterBricksoldtodd33
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,561
    Glad you resolved it :) Welcome to the forum!

For future reference, there is a section for issues with the forum itself: 
    https://forum.brickset.com/categories/the-forum
    Though I certainly understand that would be difficult to figure out if you can’t log in.
  • FodderFodder AustraliaMember Posts: 336
    If you type brickset.com/login to your browser, you can get to the login page without the ads on the homepage 
    The_RancorOldfanSwitchfoot55panchox1WesterBricksoldtodd33
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,561
    Fodder said:
    If you type brickset.com/login to your browser, you can get to the login page without the ads on the homepage 
    Still not clear on whether the complaint was about the main site or the forum.
    My issues are with the forum, so the suggested URL doesn't help.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,104
    Well you're logged in to the forum now, so I'm not sure what confirmation email you think will get rid of them. Yes it sometimes logs you out and you have to log back in, but there's no confirmation email which will remove them when you're logged out.
    Yellowcastle
    I was logged in, and kept getting the 'please confirm email' popup, along with a ton of ads. I found the confirm email in my junk folder, clicked it, and the ads went away.
    panchox1oldtodd33Astrobricks
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,923
    Good. All sorted then!
    The_Rancor