Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What is the largest Lego set?

2»

Comments

• BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 723
    playwell said:
    Time to revisit this then, the Eiffel Tower has the most parts (other than the studs of the world map) and is also the biggest being taller than the Titanic is long.

I am tempted to get it as the biggest set ever but how long will it stay that way?
    Probably less than a year or so!
    I'd say only get it if you like the set. Buying sets just because they're the biggest at that point in time will eat up space slowly but definitively. Then eventually you'll have to make a 'which sets can I bear to part with' thread.
    andhe
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,332
    The Eiffel Tower looks so good. I doubt that I will get it as I have no space dedicated for such a massive set. But it is cool none the less.
    Bumblepants
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Member Posts: 4,268
    This 7-year old set is still larger than the Eiffel Tower.
    gmonkey76vanvonfull
  • playwellplaywell Member Posts: 2,309
    edited November 2022
    This 7-year old set is still larger than the Eiffel Tower.
    I don't think there has ever been confirmation that the box even exist and that the picture wasn't just for the prize advertisement with the winner just getting the individual sets. In any case I don't think I would case that as a "set".

The world map is more problematic as that does exist but with the exception of the frame I am not sure it can be classed as a true build.
    MattDawsonFollowsCloselydrdavewatford
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Member Posts: 3,359
    ^Probably until they remake the Titanic next year. 
    arathemisandhePapaBear
    They've done the 'before' version, so next time they'll do the 'after' version - one set for each half, 11,000 pieces and £800/$1000 each, so that you have to buy them both. The iceberg will be a 1000pc GWP, but only if you buy both sets at the same time.
    560HeliportarathemisSwitchfoot55Russell844
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Member Posts: 308
    playwell said:
    Time to revisit this then, the Eiffel Tower has the most parts (other than the studs of the world map) and is also the biggest being taller than the Titanic is long.

I am tempted to get it as the biggest set ever but how long will it stay that way?
    Probably a year.  The record for number of pieces seems to be a record they like to break often...and it seems lots of people will buy the set just because it's the biggest, not just because they have an affection for world maps or Paris.
    Bumblepants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Member Posts: 7,638
    playwell said:

Probably a year.  The record for number of pieces seems to be a record they like to break often...and it seems lots of people will buy the set just because it's the biggest, not just because they have an affection for world maps or Paris.
    They will get a ton of free publicity from this once the press release is out just in time to conveniently put the Lego brand on the lips and brains of people doing holiday shopping. I can already see the local news team "and finally tonight, Lego announces a new Eiffel Tower set with 10,000 pieces just in time for the holidays? Can you believe that Jan? Wow Tom, they sure have come a long way from when I was a kid. (Both anchors chuckle and they throw it to weather)
    Paperballparklowlead560HeliportvanvonfullCymbelineiwybsbandit778gmonkey76
  • FauchFauch Member Posts: 2,679
    so next year they have the choice between 11000 pcs tower bridge or statue of liberty I guess
    560Heliport
    Well one thing is for sure. If they do an 11,000 piece version of the Big Ben set, I am NOT doing a larger version of my Palace of Westminster!
    560HeliportAstrobricksSwitchfoot55iwybsgmonkey76eMJeeNLdavetheoxygenmanBrainsluggedFizyx
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL Member Posts: 789
    Well one thing is for sure. If they do an 11,000 piece version of the Big Ben set, I am NOT doing a larger version of my Palace of Westminster!
    Boo! ;)
    560Heliport
  • MaffyDMaffyD Member Posts: 3,535
    lowlead said:
    ...aaaand what's the weather like out there, Ollie?
    IT'S GONNA RAIN!
    Thank you Ollie.
    Is Ollie in Yorkshire?
    lowlead
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Member Posts: 550
    ^ Where’s Ollie?