Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Secret Santa 2021

Comments

• Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,056
    Another tip is to get your other half to write the card/tags so your Santee thinks its from a woman because the hand writing is nice!
    Switchfoot55560HeliportKungFuKennykiki180703gratefulnatsnowhitieRenegade007cjhSumoLego
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 115
    Following @Speedman29 we women should switch hands to achieve opposite 🙃
    KungFuKennySpeedman29gratefulnatSumoLego
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,813
    Your handwriting might still be too good to be believable as male! 😀
    KungFuKennySpeedman29Switchfoot55gratefulnatSumoLego
    edited November 2021
    And I though I was ahead and early in planning to mail before Thanksgiving!  
    KungFuKenny560HeliportSeijiAmasawaSwitchfoot55SumoLego
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,710
    Dang some people move at lightspeed
    KungFuKennySeijiAmasawaSumoLego
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 162
    I'm preparing to order a gift for my recipient.  Stalking complete.  Now, let's see how many bricks I can obtain in ... black...
    KungFuKennySeijiAmasawaSumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,538
    I will be continuing to move at a glacial pace.  A glacier stuck in molasses.
    560HeliportKungFuKennygmonkey76FowlerBricksGothamConstructionCogratefulnatSeijiAmasawaRenegade007cjh
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 815
    I think mine arrived today. Still have to send.
    KungFuKennySumoLego
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 402
    Waiting for the last Bricklink order to complete the gifts for my Santee.
    KungFuKennySumoLego
  • Dude4LegoDude4Lego Minnesota Member Posts: 29
    Got mine yesterday. Managed to send mine out the same day.  Coincidence, I think not ;)
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55SumoLego
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,710
    SumoLego said:
    I will be continuing to move at a glacial pace.  A glacier stuck in molasses.

I feel that...I feel that way too much...I may have been a bit ambitious this year...
    GothamConstructionCoKungFuKennySumoLego
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,133
    edited November 2021
    I may have arranged to get mine sorted at some point in the next 29 days... :-)
    KungFuKennySeijiAmasawaSpeedman29kiki180703SumoLego
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,928
    I'm thinking of going with a Lego adjacent adjacent theme this year. So something like a jigsaw or colouring book. Of Mega Construx models
    560HeliportKungFuKennySeijiAmasawaSwitchfoot55SumoLego
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 462
    @Brainslugged go more homeopathic. No lego just the imprint of Lego 
    560HeliportKungFuKennySeijiAmasawaSumoLego
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,758
    Are you building something for your Santee, sending sets and/or polys or some combination?  
    If building, are you wrapping as built or sending assembly instructions?
    I have always loved to build a little something special to put with my santee's gift. In the past, I had someone who was very into LOTR, and had a massive Helm's Deep MOC- I included a little micro-scale display of Helm's Deep.
    I also had someone who had the Dinosaur Bones set on their wishlist- while I couldn't find that set at enough discount to feel comfortable including it, I did make a small vignette of Johnny Thunder digging up some bones, to accompany the set when they did pick it up. I always love little gestures like that when I receive my gifts!

gmonkey76Speedman29KungFuKennySeijiAmasawaRenegade007cjhSumoLegosnowhitie
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 310
    Maybe I am wrong as my little sister emailed me that she sent a surprise that she had received notice that it was just delivered to the front door. What confuses me is that she says USPS (post office) and this was Amazon. It would be exciting to have an unexpected surprise from her ... she is the only one in my family who has ever given me Lego so it could be.
    560HeliportSpeedman29SumoLego
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,928
    ^That pic makes me really miss Ghirardellis from my time living in the US. I think the dark chocolate with salted caramel innards are my fave chocolates of all time.
    evantylerKungFuKennyMr_CrossSeijiAmasawaSumoLego
    I should probably get this pile of Megabloks and brick separators wrapped and posted out soon! 
    FowlerBricksKungFuKennykhmellymelBrainsluggedgmonkey76GothamConstructionCoMr_CrossSeijiAmasawaSumoLego
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,025
    Aren't they just the old style ones?
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 130
    Santee's loot is wrapped, packed, and on the sleigh!
    KungFuKennystluxSeijiAmasawaSumoLego
    Getting quite excited as more and more rattily boxes of goodies are starting to arrive!
    KungFuKennyGothamConstructionCogratefulnatMr_CrossSeijiAmasawaSumoLego
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 402
    ^This looks like your cat can read 'KitKat'! To my knowledge cats - in contrary to dogs - don't like chocolate (and dogs can die of it) but if I were you I would nominate your cat to enter the contest of smartest cats of the world!
    More likely however is that the boss can't resist the availability of chocolate bars.
    Nevertheless you're breaking the Secret Santa rules: it's forbidden to open or eat packages before Dec. 25th!
    I'm not going to repeat my message again so be sure to follow the rules! :-)
    gratefulnatGothamConstructionCoSumoLego
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,679
    We once had a cat who loved Malteasers - treat and toy in one spherical package.
    GothamConstructionCoSumoLego
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,133
    Also, I now notice that my Gamora is tilting badly, and Boba Fett is headless! One of the perils of having cats and a tree near shelving...

Also also, you have no idea how hard it was to get those dinosaurs atop Santa - they really fidgeted!
    Switchfoot55bandit778Addicted2OxygenSeijiAmasawaSumoLego
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 379
    @MaffyD what an awesome visual story you have posted. After everyone being put back into home office today at my workplace, which is a bummer for me as I miss the social contacts, your Secret Santa package unboxing put a large smile on my face!
    Long live Secret Santa and long live curious playful troublesome cats!
    Switchfoot55bandit778evantylerKungFuKennyAddicted2OxygenMaffyDkiki180703SumoLego
    And dinos of course…
    Switchfoot55gratefulnatSumoLegoMaffyD
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 162
    edited December 2021
    I'm always amazed that you all can give so many gifts. I must learn your Lego deal finding skills!
    My tangentially Lego related food based gift will be on the sleigh tomorrow.  I hope it hasn't expired by the time it arrives.
    MaffyD said:
    Also, I now notice that my Gamora is tilting badly, and Boba Fett is headless! One of the perils of having cats and a tree near shelving...

Thanks for the visual story.  The dinos add so much fun.  Also, nice movie collection!  I admit to having some of the UK versions of the Marvel movies here in the US because Amazon sold them, apparently quite legitimately, for great low prices.
    KungFuKennyshikadistluxbandit778Addicted2OxygenMaffyDgratefulnatkiki180703SumoLego
  • VgangVgang CyprusMember Posts: 80
    Still waiting for my BL orders to arrive… I’m getting worried now! 
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 701
    Sent out a few packages yesterday. Was one for secret Santee? I can't remember...
    GothamConstructionCoSwitchfoot55KungFuKennySumoLego