Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bricktober 2021 complete sets of 4 bulk purchase to the UK. Anyone interested?

jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 457
edited September 2021 in Marketplace
Hi,

I have secured some complete sets of 4 of this years Bricktober sets from Toys R Us in the far east which I will be selling in my online store. I have the opportunity to secure up to around 60 or 70 more complete sets. I will be happy to pass these additional sets on at just over cost price to anyone else in the UK who would like a set. The expected price for a set of 4 on Bricklink will be around £95 plus postage/import VAT/fees etc, based on the quotes I have received so far.

The approximate cost price of a complete set of 4 including delivery to the UK and import VAT will be around £125. I will be offering the complete sets of 4 for £135 including delivery to any UK address. That gives me a bit of flexibility if the delivery cost/VAT is a bit higher than expected and also to cover the UK postage costs.

If anybody is interested please either comment on this thread, or, preferably pre-order a complete set online via the following link:

Discount code BRICKTOBER will reduce the price to £135. This discount is only available to readers of this thread and with a UK postal address. If you require delivery outside of the UK please let me know and I can give a custom delivery quote.

I have until October 5th to place my additional order at which point I will order enough to cover everyone who has expressed interest. Pre-orders will be preferred, especially if lots of people are interested in them. Delivery to the UK is expected to be around October 20th.

Hopefully with a bulk order we can save some unnecessary postage and import charges from the far east.

Regards

Jason - Owner of Brick-a-brac

*If this post is in the wrong place please could a moderator put it in the correct place*

Comments

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,310
    I would love to find out how much the shipping would be to the USA.
    FizyxdaewooSumoLegoReesesPiecespanchox1jmeninno
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,574
    I've not seen it answered anywhere yet, do you get the parts for the book base too or are they just to show off the scenes in the promo shots? I've not seen any reviews that indicate either way. 

I'd be interested in a quote for me in Ireland(south/republic). If you could quote for 1, 5 and 10 sets if possible, I may organise an order for my lug and distribute at our Christmas party. Once I've a quote from you I can see if there's enough interest. 
  • jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 457

With a rough calculation based on the weight of last years sets it would be approx £30 to ship one set from UK to USA. Big savings if sending multiple sets. Approx £50 to send 5 sets and £80 to send 10 sets.
    I've not seen it answered anywhere yet, do you get the parts for the book base too or are they just to show off the scenes in the promo shots? I've not seen any reviews that indicate either way. 

I'd be interested in a quote for me in Ireland(south/republic). If you could quote for 1, 5 and 10 sets if possible, I may organise an order for my lug and distribute at our Christmas party. Once I've a quote from you I can see if there's enough interest. 
    I would imagine that the brick built book base would be included. It is only 14 x 10 studs so not exactly big. The model without the book would look extremely small, even for a GWP.

With a rough calculation based on the weight of last years sets it would be approx £13 to ship one set from UK to Ireland. Big savings if sending multiple sets. Approx £20 to send 5 sets and £30 to send 10 sets.

Coolguy5000
    edited September 2021

With a rough calculation based on the weight of last years sets it would be approx £30 to ship one set from UK to USA. Big savings if sending multiple sets. Approx £50 to send 5 sets and £80 to send 10 sets.
    What would the price per set be for the USA before shipping? £95?
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,030
    I'm a sucker for these, so order placed :)

What would the price per set be for the USA before shipping? £95?

£95 would be my estimate on what a set of 4 will be listed for on Bricklink before any extra fees or postage costs by various far eastern sellers. You would then have to arrange your own shipping etc with the Bricklink seller.
    So your price is the price listed in your preorder link? I'm trying to figure out the total price per set.
    panchox1
    So your price is the price listed in your preorder link? I'm trying to figure out the total price per set.
    The price in the pre-order link will be my standard price for a set of 4. The discount code supplied will bring a set of 4 down to £135 including delivery to any UK address. I estimate that after paying for shipping and import charges a set of 4 will cost me approx £125 before I forward sets on to anyone else.

If you want a set from me, delivered to the US it will be £135 plus shipping which is around £30. The shipping price will be confirmed once I have them in hand and can work out the shipping dimensions and weight. You would probably be better off buying direct from a seller on Bricklink (once they are available) assuming shipping to the US is not over about £50 - £60. 
    Fizyx
    I may have two or more others in my LUG interested in doing a bulk purchase with me. That's why I'm trying to find out how much it would cost so I can tell them. I'd rather support someone on the Brickset forum than a random seller. :-)
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 291
    I'm 100% in for the US option at around 165 pounds.  Thank you!!!!!!!!!
  • MeganLMeganL Chicagoland Outpost, Brickset TowersMember Posts: 133
    Count me in for a set for the US option at around 165 pounds as well.  I'd much rather buy here than go through Bricklink.
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 949
    Merry Christmas to me!!
    Also ordered, thanks for organising this.
    I may have two or more others in my LUG interested in doing a bulk purchase with me. That's why I'm trying to find out how much it would cost so I can tell them. I'd rather support someone on the Brickset forum than a random seller. :-)

No problem. Just let me know.
  • DoktorLDoktorL Member Posts: 136
    Thank you for this offer. Placed my preorder. But was wondering what language the booklets will be. I think I saw an english and a japanese version somewhere and would of course prefer the english one.
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 465
    Got confirmation this morning that my set has shipped. Very much looking forward to receiving them.

• bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 949
    Mine too, very excited. Thanks again for organising this.
    Unfortunately no fancy black boxes for the set to be stored in like books 🙁

All paid for pre orders have now shipped.

I'm 100% in for the US option at around 165 pounds.  Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

These are now in stock. Please send me a message with your email address so I can send you a payment link/paypal details.

Thanks
    MeganL said:
    Count me in for a set for the US option at around 165 pounds as well.  I'd much rather buy here than go through Bricklink.

Hi,

These are now in stock. Please send me a message with your email address so I can send you a payment link/paypal details.

Thanks

Hi,

Hi,

These are now in stock. Do you have an update on how many you would like?

Thanks

Sorry. No one has decided to place any orders. The overall price of over $200 USD per set was too much.
    SumoLego
  • brickdevilbrickdevil ManchesterMember Posts: 1
    @jasonord69a my set have arrived this morning, thank you so much!

Such a shame about the outer box made to look like books on the shelf, do you know if you’ll be sourcing any of them at some point?

Thanks again, anybody on  the fence about getting them - do it, they’re brilliant little builds!!

• MeganLMeganL Chicagoland Outpost, Brickset TowersMember Posts: 133
    MeganL said:

Hi,

Thanks
    PM sent, looking forward to getting them!