Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

21325 Medieval Blacksmith "bonus" parts

rcb1882rcb1882 Michigan, USAMember Posts: 10
Finished up building this set last night and have a query that is driving me batty. In addition to the "normal" small bonus parts that we get (e.g., 1x1s), I found myself with an "extra" 1x8 flat tile and a 1x4 plate both in reddish brown. I think -- but am not certain -- that these came out of bag #13 (i.e., the upper chimney and full roof panel builds). I did a reasonably thorough audit of my build and the instructions to make sure I didn't miss a placement, but that yielded no apparent errors. Just curious if anyone else out there encountered the same thing and/or has any possible ideas about how I might have goofed up.

cheers,
Ryan

P.S., I know this set is somewhat controversial given its deviation from the original IDEAS submission, but I quite like it. The apple tree is wonderful and the bearskin rug on the upper levels is super clever, too.
560HeliportCymbeline

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,769
    It is almost certainly a building goof to have a part that size left over. 

Bricklink breaks down the inventory and shows what the typical extras would be:
    https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=21325-1
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 840
    Rebrickable does too
    https://rebrickable.com/sets/21325-1/medieval-blacksmith/?inventory=1#parts
    may well be the same underlying source, I dunno
    Cymbeline
  • rcb1882rcb1882 Michigan, USAMember Posts: 10
    Thanks for the links to the inventory breakdown. I figured those data had to exist somewhere but didn't see it immediately when looking on Brickset. Now the fun part is continue to study my existing build to figure out where I went off script!
    560Heliport
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 708
    rcb1882 said:
    As I know everyone is waiting on pins and needles...I did a page-by-page review and found nothing to be amiss! Will chalk this up to being the LEGO equivalent of the "bank error in your favor" card from Monopoly.
    Thanks for getting back to us 😉
    BumblepantsYellowcastleFizyx