Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Set Number Trivia

j013j013 AZ, USAMember Posts: 12
I was looking at the new Taj Mahal set at the store today and noticed it has 2022 pieces and it came out this year 2021. So that got me wondering has there been any sets with the where the piece count matches the year of release? Then that let to are there any sets where the piece count matches the set number? Is there a set where the set number matches the year of release? Is there a set where the piece count is greater than the set number? 

I honestly don't know, is there an easy way to search for this stuff? Also do you know any cool set number/piece count trivia? 

Comments

• blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 179
    the Saturn V Rocket has 1969 pieces.
    AstrobricksLittleLori
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,494
    Most sets with a license plate use the set number on the plate.
    LittleLori
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,978
    #10937 Arkham Asylum is numbered after the LUG of the designer and also spells LEGO backwards.
    LittleLori
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,328
    #7675 AT-TE Walker introduced the first Captain Rex minifigure and the set number is an anagram of Captain Rex's Clone Trooper number: CT-7567.

The thirteen LEGO Star Wars sets released during 1999 follow a consistent set number pattern, with products from The Phantom Menace ending with a '1', while those based upon the Original Trilogy end with '0'. For example, #7101 Lightsaber Duel and #7111 Droid Starfighter are from The Phantom Menace, while #7130 Snowspeeder and #7140 X-wing Fighter are from the Original Trilogy.

The only exception is #7128 Speeder Bikes, which inexplicably breaks the pattern and should have been #7120. That number remains vacant today.

I love LEGO trivia so look forward to following this thread!
    Yellowcastle
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,769
    edited September 15
    This isn't sets but parts - loads of recent sets that have tickets in them have the ticket number 0937, which is obviously LEGO upside down.

And the same number appears on the CMF athlete's bib, even though it gets covered by a medal.

AstrobricksLittleLoriYellowcastle
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 533
    For a lot of Samsonite era sets, the piece count is the same as the set number.  For example:

There are more examples, but I didn't want to go through and find all of them.  There are also a number of sets that the Brickset database doesn't have the correct sets numbers on.  For many of those the correct set number is the piece count. 

Switchfoot55LittleLoriYellowcastlestluxBumblepantsFizyx