Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Master Builder Academy Level 3 in Development

sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
edited February 2012 in Collecting
I don't see a thread on this. I received a survey email about our MBA exprience in which they said that Level Three (Kits 7-9) was in development. Has anyone heard any more details on this?

Comments

• tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,977
    I keep searching for details on it.
    My son had his bday in December, and my mom gave him a subscription to MBA for 2012-2013. He has really loved the first year of this, and as a parent I really think it is a wonderful concept for kids.
    Despite my searching,I just have not heard a peep about the sets. I heard one minor rumor about the first kit, but I do not believe it is valid.

Tammy
    (By give him a subscription, I mean she gave money, so I can order the product when it becomes available.)
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    I received the same email - most of the questions revolved around the delivery method - or so it seemed to me. Did I like the current delivery system (1 every 2 months), or would I like to be able to get the 6 sets at once?

I wondered whether this meant that those of us who signed up at the beginning last year would be without our bi-monthly package for a while.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I'm curious to know if they kits 2-6 will be available for about 2 years like the normal life span of LEGO sets. I haven't bought a subscription yet but have been meaning to...

Say someone sees something from kit 8 that really hooks them, then decide to order level 1 and 2 so that he can chronologically get level 3. Will we be able to do this as the levels progress? Or are you expected to follow as they are released?
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    Kits 7-9 are Shop.lego.com in the US for pre-order. To ship May 1. $59.99.

Link

Here is the description from the website.

More adventure, more techniques, more building!

Take your building to the highest level yet with LEGO MBA Level 3, the latest addition to our popular LEGO Master Builder Academy series! Three kits connect together to create an awesome adventure written by best-selling author, Daniel Lipkowitz! Learn the art of building scenes for your own stories with bricks, just like LEGO Designers do when they create new models! Master the techniques to create details like trap doors, stairways, arches, thrones and more with 33 new building instructions! Your Level 3 subscription includes:

Kit 7 The Lost Village: Learn how LEGO stories and themes are created as you practice the techniques of story building and modular building! Includes 1 exclusive LEGO® MBA minifigure, a brick separator, and a brick storage box with sorting tray. (229 pieces)
    Kit 8 The Forbidden Bridge: Learn how to create hidden functions to liven up your adventures, like trap doors, rotating panels, secret treasure troves and booby traps!! (220 pieces)
    Kit 9 The Dark Lair: As you reach the ultimate challenge of your Level 3 adventure, you’ll learn the special art of building models for your story’s villains! (183 pieces)
    Includes 1 LEGO MBA kit delivered every two months, for 6 months: 3 kits in total.
    Each kit includes one 84-page Designer Handbook teaching 2 LEGO MBA techniques, building instructions to build 3-4 models, one at a time, and minifigure accessories for the Level 3 minifigure that is included in Kit 7.
    Each kit includes a total of 11 separate building instructions in the Designer Handbooks and online. Another 7-8 building instructions per kit are found on LEGOmba.com.
    Subscription includes a new unique code to access the members-only website, LEGOmba.com.
    Express shipping is not available for this item. Shipping and handling rates apply.
    One subscription per order.
    Learn more about Kit 1 and Kits 2-6 Subscription.
    For more information on LEGO Master Builder Academy, please visit LEGOmba.com.
    Thank you!!
    The price does seem to have gone up a bit, but these three sets look very cool!!
    I will be preordering later today! I think my son will enjoy these.
    Tammy
    I don't see an easy way to edit. I just realized that these #7 comes with the box/brick separator and storage tray.
    i.e. This is why the cost seemed initial high, when it isn't.

Tammy
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    @bluelion3 Thanks for the heads up on these. When they said "in development" on the survey, I guess they meant "in post-production"! These look great, and are bigger than some of the other kits. It is still a decent price, at 631 pieces for $60.
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    Thanks, @bluelion3.
    This is great timing with the double VIP.
    On the other hand, I just started to check-out and free shipping would be better.
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    So it seems if you order during March 12-15 (and add $15 worth of stuff) you get both free shipping and double VIP! http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2641
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Thanks for the heads-up, these looks great. Very happy with this program so far. I can't recommend it enough. The books are very well-done and enjoyable to flip through.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    These sound like such cool sets, I wish we could get them in the UK :(