Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello from the Appalachian Trail!

King_JKing_J United StatesMember Posts: 33

On July 1, me and mini-me, along with some friends, started our south-bound thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail!  At just under 2200 miles (3540km), the Appalachian Trail is considered the longest hiking-only trail in the world.  Posting today because we just crossed into New York, marking the 1/3 mark of the AT! 1462 miles to go, and set to finish by December 1.  First minifigure to hike the AT?  No idea, but he's been camping in the woods with me since the beginning.  Excited by the milestone, so wanted to share!  Happy Trails!

sipussdavetheoxygenmantruck730eggshenCymbeline560HeliportPaperballparkBumblepantsautolycuspxchrisdrdavewatford

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,080
    Excellent! Keep it up, hopefully you'll post when you reach the end later this year!
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 868
    Thanks for posting! I don’t know much about the parts you’ve gone through or are hitting in the next couple months, but I know Harper’s Ferry is a beautiful little town and I know the lower Appalachians in NC, TN, and GA are also beautiful any time of year. You’ll first start hitting that area in a really nice season, if my math is right. But definitely don’t underestimate how quickly those mountains can get cold in October and November. They’re pretty far south, but they’re also high by East Coast standards.

Safe travels and happy trails!
  • gibburnzgibburnz West Chester, PAMember Posts: 5
    Right on man! I'm a NoBo section hiker, so I can appreciate how much you've accomplished so far. Wait until you hit the Smokey Mountains... absolutely beautiful. Safe travels!
    autolycus
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,494
    I’ve done the last/first 5 miles on Katahdin (more than 40 years ago 😳). Sounds like a great adventure!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,080
    It's on my bucket list to do at least some of it.