Mark sets as available for trade/sale?

DuchessaDuchessa Member Posts: 287
edited February 2012 in Brickset.com
I have a question about the owned/wanted list. Is it technically posssible to mark a set you own as available for trade/sale, so that others can contact me if they want to buy it?

I'm thinking that this feature could be especially useful for sets that aren't so popular or expensive. When I look at my "sets owned" list, I can see that I have several sets that I'm not that interested in keeping that can be found on other peoples wanted list.

I know that there is a marketplace here, and my intention is not to replace it with this feature. I just think it might be a complement to the marketplace.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
    If you enable the Advanced Collection Manager, http://www.brickset.com/mysets/acm/, then you can mark individual sets as being 'for trade'. However, as of now that data is not made available to others.

It would be relatively easy to add, though, and several suggestions have been made that could go hand in hand with it:

- show me sets that I own that someone else wants
    - show me sets I have marked for trade that someone else wants
    - Show me sets that someone else has marked for trade that I want

I'll see what can be done in the next few weeks :-)

• DuchessaDuchessa Member Posts: 287
    Thanks for quick and informative response! I'll take some time to explore the ACM this weekend, as a start.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 942
    ^^ Those three suggestions would be great features to have on the ACM. Alternatively, I'd love to be able to make a separate trading list with the same interface as the 'sets I own' and 'sets I want' lists.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 322
    It would also be convenient for the person offering up their trade to be able to add a proposed sale price in case a buyer doesn't have anything to trade but would be willing to buy the set outright. Then buyers could search for sets at or under a certain price. I'm sure you don't want your site to turn into bricklink, so if trades are all that's possible, it's better than no trades.