Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How would you price.....

TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,740
Hi,

I am in the process of slimming my collection and have got to my CUUSOO/ideas sets - which are BNIB.

One I am stuck on is the Mars Curiosity Rover (21104). The bricklink prices seem to be £300 upwards, which seems a lot. The only one in the UK is on at £600.

So what would you do? Pick a number between the two extremes and see what happens? Or go in low? Or aim for the bricklink last 6 months sales average?

I'm not in a major rush to sell, but also don't want to be sat on it forever. 

Thanks

Comments

• bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 949
    Wait what? £300?!! I've just started building mine ha ha.
    TheFewBumblepantsKungFuKenny
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,740
    Wait what? £300?!! I've just started building mine ha ha.
    I've got a built one too!
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,636
    The sold prices are lower fwiw... £272 is the 6 month average - gut feel is you could easily get that but much over £350 might be a stretch, that one seller looks to be pitching mostly at the upper end of things if you look at their other sets.
    Are you on any facebook groups? Stuff seems to be selling on there pretty easily.
    TheFewKungFuKenny
    I am on the FB groups, but have never really sold there. Not sure why, but feels a bit more risky than Bricklink.
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 949
    Blimey the BTTF set is also quite expensive these days, although not as crazy as #21104. I'm convinced I've got a sealed one of those somewhere.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,401
    It also depends where you are selling it. If on BL, you can always start high and lower the price each week in a couple of clicks. There is no history of how high you started or that you have dropped the price, unless a buyer monitors your listing manually.
    Mr_Cross
    Blimey the BTTF set is also quite expensive these days, although not as crazy as #21104. I'm convinced I've got a sealed one of those somewhere.
    Yep got one of those to shift too!
    CCC said:
    It also depends where you are selling it. If on BL, you can always start high and lower the price each week in a couple of clicks. There is no history of how high you started or that you have dropped the price, unless a buyer monitors your listing manually.
    Yes, BL is my preference and I have a store. I may indeed take your suggestion and start optimistically and slowly wind it down. The proceeds are going in my kids savings account, so want to get a decent price.
    Mr_CrossKungFuKenny