Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Rodent Has Landed!

SquirrelFromSpaceSquirrelFromSpace The MoonMember Posts: 47
Hey, everybody! Pleased to meet ya! I'm new to the Brickset forum. After having browsed the main site for years, I decided to finally take a shot at the forums! I tried discussing LEGO on social media platforms like Instagram or Reddit, but never felt satisfied. Hoping the forums all about LEGO will be different!

My favorite themes are Aqua Raiders, Atlantis, Spongebob, Overwatch, and Star Wars. I also enjoy collecting minifigures that I find interesting, as well as those of characters I enjoy. I don't typically buy too much LEGO, but I do enjoy tinkering with stud.io! Outside of LEGO, I'm basically a dime-a-dozen nerd who enjoys writing, videogames, cartoons, and superheroes.

So... yeah. Pleased to meet ya'll! Feel free to message me if you'd like to discuss all things LEGO-related. Thanks for reading! 
pxchrislowleadBumblepantsKungFuKenny

Comments

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,208
    Welcome!  There is a boatload if great historical discussions as well as many interesting current ones.  At first you might want to browse by the categories that interest you but we all inevitably navigate to the “recent discussions” and read most everything.

We have experts from across the globe here and @SumoLego is always available for unwanted (and wanted) polybags. :o)
    SquirrelFromSpacemadforLEGOBumblepants
  • SquirrelFromSpaceSquirrelFromSpace The MoonMember Posts: 47
    Welcome!  There is a boatload if great historical discussions as well as many interesting current ones.  At first you might want to browse by the categories that interest you but we all inevitably navigate to the “recent discussions” and read most everything.

We have experts from across the globe here and @SumoLego is always available for unwanted (and wanted) polybags. :o)
    Thanks a bunch for the welcome! It's always nice to know where to get some Polybags, so I'll keep Sumo in mind. 
    My biggest concern is accidentally necroposting in an already dead topic. Did that once on a forum and it uh... didn't end well. This is actually probably the first forum I've been on in a long time. Feels nice to not have it connected to another social media platform.

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,208
    edited July 25
    Oh, I love resuscitating dead convos so long as they’re on point.

As for the polybags, I may have been unclear.  @SumoLego is available to take your polybags/GWP.  I’m not sure if Sumo ever lets any go. :o)
    SumoLegoSquirrelFromSpaceKungFuKenny
  • lowleadlowlead USAMember Posts: 199
    Howdy!  Welcome!
    SO...now there's T W O  Overwatch fans here!  Yay us.
    I think dusting off an old thread might not be so frowned upon in the LEGO world - my observations, at least.  But yeah, there are some 'Gatekeepers' on forums of other interests that seem to label necrposting as absolute taboo.  Our Gatekeepers get all kinds of pissed off for other stuff...but yeah, necropost away.  =oD
    SquirrelFromSpace
    edited July 25
    Hey now...:o)
    Tee hee
    @Yellowcastle ...but you're a Moderator, not a Gatekeeper.  Big difference if you ask me!

ooops, double post
    SquirrelFromSpace
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,475
    Necroposting dead threads is a favorite pastime of many of us around here!

Welcome! 
    SquirrelFromSpaceBumblepantsMr_Cross
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,219

As for the polybags, I may have been unclear.  @SumoLego is available to take your polybags/GWP.  I’m not sure if Sumo ever lets any go. :o)
    Yes, it happened once.  I think it was in the mid-'80's.
    YellowcastleSquirrelFromSpace

Well, I actually do have some spare polybags I picked up a while ago. Think I got some of the pre-order bonus bags for The LEGO Movie 2 game. I got them from a closing Game Stop that had a ton of them. Apparently no one bought the game. I also picked up some of that weird-looking yellow Creator bunny that were on clearance. Not sure how much those are valued at. My idea was to take those and customize them with different color schemes + costumes, but the way it's built is making that kinda tricky! 
    pxchris said:
    Necroposting dead threads is a favorite pastime of many of us around here!

Welcome! 
    Thank you!
    lowlead said:
    Howdy!  Welcome!
    SO...now there's T W O  Overwatch fans here!  Yay us.
    I think dusting off an old thread might not be so frowned upon in the LEGO world - my observations, at least.  But yeah, there are some 'Gatekeepers' on forums of other interests that seem to label necrposting as absolute taboo.  Our Gatekeepers get all kinds of pissed off for other stuff...but yeah, necropost away.  =oD
    I am wondering what happened to that rumored Null Sector set. What are the odds we'll see it around the time Overwatch 2 released?
    Then again, I wonder if LEGO still wants to partner with Blizzard. To say last year was crazy for them would be an understatement. 
    ^^ Yeah, I've pretty much written that license off - pretty stormy over at Blizzard lately.
    Being a lowly Silver Bastion Main back in the day (dodges volley of rotten vegetables) how could I not love that line of sets, you know?  I had a blast playing that game on console.
    SquirrelFromSpace
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,948
    Welcome! Hope you’ll find some interesting discussions on the forum, some of us like a good dead thread dig up for some further discussion, or nostalgia. Some of us recently posted into an age thread which appeared to establish there was a very wide gamut. I wasn’t born until 14 years after the first Classic Space sets but I’ve still built up a small collection of them.

As far as forums go this one is very light hearted and close knit - fortunately the most obvious moderation is only when bots slip the net into here but even then that doesn’t happen very often. I’ve used other Lego forums before that can be very heavy handed with their moderation (I said I ‘flipping hated midi scale Star Wars in a self-censored post circa 2009/10 and got temporarily banned).

I think that’s what makes a Brickset ‘forumer’. Slightly weird, slightly knowledgeable, slightly crazy about Lego without being a keyboard maniac, apologies to others if I’m only speaking for myself :0)
    BumblepantsMr_CrossSumoLegoAstrobricksSquirrelFromSpaceYellowcastlepxchris
    SquirrelFromSpace said:
    Think I got some of the pre-order bonus bags for The LEGO Movie 2 game. I got them from a closing Game Stop that had a ton of them.
    Which TLM2 poly?  
    Yellowcastle
    lowlead said:
    ^^ Yeah, I've pretty much written that license off - pretty stormy over at Blizzard lately.
    Being a lowly Silver Bastion Main back in the day (dodges volley of rotten vegetables) how could I not love that line of sets, you know?  I had a blast playing that game on console.
    I was a Mercy main myself! While I wouldn't call myself a masochist, I stuck with the character until the bitter end that was me realizing I was just tired of being killed over and over again. 
    That and the emphasis on Overwatch League just made me unmotivated to play. Why bother playing a game when they want me to watch someone else play it? 
    Welcome! Hope you’ll find some interesting discussions on the forum, some of us like a good dead thread dig up for some further discussion, or nostalgia. Some of us recently posted into an age thread which appeared to establish there was a very wide gamut. I wasn’t born until 14 years after the first Classic Space sets but I’ve still built up a small collection of them.

As far as forums go this one is very light hearted and close knit - fortunately the most obvious moderation is only when bots slip the net into here but even then that doesn’t happen very often. I’ve used other Lego forums before that can be very heavy handed with their moderation (I said I ‘flipping hated midi scale Star Wars in a self-censored post circa 2009/10 and got temporarily banned).

I think that’s what makes a Brickset ‘forumer’. Slightly weird, slightly knowledgeable, slightly crazy about Lego without being a keyboard maniac, apologies to others if I’m only speaking for myself :0)
    Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the heads up! I actually managed to get a Rancor big fig a while back, and it's quite fantastic! I got it separately from the pit, so it's just kinda chilling on the shelf next to the palace. 

I am quite surprised they never put it in another set after the Rancor Pit. I could see a variant based off the ones of Felucia being pretty cool. Kinda weird they make a whole new set of parts for it without doing much else. 
    The_Rancor
    SumoLego said:
    SquirrelFromSpace said:
    Think I got some of the pre-order bonus bags for The LEGO Movie 2 game. I got them from a closing Game Stop that had a ton of them.
    Which TLM2 poly?  
    The one where the star is stuck in the gate. 
    edited July 26
    How funny is that - I'm actually after a couple of those.
    SumoLego said:
    It's like the planets were aligned for us to meet at this very moment.
    I just don't have experience selling stuff online.

SumoLego said:
    It's like the planets were aligned for us to meet at this very moment.
    I just don't have experience selling stuff online.

To be honest, @SumoLego may have said the same thing for any polybag you mentioned...
    pxchris
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 532
    edited July 26
    SumoLego said:
    SquirrelFromSpace said:
    Which TLM2 poly?  
     30620: Star-Stuck Emmet | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database
    SquirrelFromSpace
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,023
    Welcome to the forum!
    SquirrelFromSpace
    MaffyD said:
    Welcome to the forum!

Thank you! 
    MaffyD
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,494
    SumoLego said:
    SquirrelFromSpace said:
    Which TLM2 poly?  
     30620: Star-Stuck Emmet | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database
    Or, alternately, #30620 just in case @SquirrelFromSpace isn’t familiar with how the # works around here 🙂