Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Wanted: 5000062 Darth Maul, 30160 Batman on Boat

CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
edited February 2012 in Marketplace
Any idea if these poly bags are released and for how much?

Comments

• collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    edited February 2012
    Dude you need to keep tabs on the news in the main Brickset page! :)
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    We are starting to populate a lot more set information in the database now, especially around the availability of polybag sets. Check the Darth Maul set details and you will see it has only been available at the New York Toy Fair...so far anyway.

30160 has not been released yet and we have no information on when or where it will available at this time. If you'd like my opinion, I would say this poly is a very likely candidate for one of the UK newspaper promotions that usually run in May and October, but that is just an educated guess.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,237
    ^ Always find it interesting to see how there is one with bids around $100 and then one posted later has 1 bid for $199. Some people need to learn to search before bidding. Unless of course that person is trying to buy all of the ones available then it would make sense.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    ^ Yes, I always see bidders bidding on an item where a different seller has the same exact item for "x" amount cheaper.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,199
    @Coolsplash,
    My advice is to wait on purchasing at least the Darth Maul. From past years, the polybag promo star wars figures have always been re-released in some sort of promo later on in the year. Take the White Boba for example, two years ago (when it was only just released in the toy fair) it was fetching prices upwards of $500. Then, a later promo had thousands released, and the price plummeted to $25. Wait around, Darth Maul poly should drop in price relatively soon.
    Cheers,
    Sam
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Oh well nothing bad in trying/asking :P and I thought its easily available as there are on my want list. Thanks for the advice @samiam391 and @collect_that :D
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,482
    As @atkinsar says, look out for the UK newspaper polybag promos, there are usually around 7 polys included, across a range of current themes, so I guess we'll see Batman and Friends ones included next time. Maybe someone will be able to pick you up a set or two, though in theory the numbers are limited to 1 per person.