Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Star Wars Invasion 24th -25th March Legoland Windsor

greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
edited February 2012 in Community and Events
Just a heads up to anyone thinking of going to Legoland on the 24th-25th March for the Star Wars weekend. Although I have booked into the Legoland hotel the night before and have premium annual passes, I found out today you still have to book separate tickets for £5pp to guarantee entry on the day. They are expecting it to sell out before the actual day. Really annoyed with legoland as they never told me this, I could have turned up on the day and been refused entry.

Comments

• vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,179
    Really? I am planning to go the San Diego one during SW days, but do not see any mention of paying a premium...
  • greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
    Probably just a UK ruling. The guys on the phone didn't seem to have much of a clue as it was as I was quoted £40 per person extra to start with.
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    Is this an event that will only take place those two days or there will be a permanent display after that?
    There is a special weekend with dressed up characters around the place and also seems to be an kwok hunt. Otherwise there is a permanent Star Wars miniland which is located under roof.

http://www.legoland.co.uk/Explore/Whats-new/
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    edited February 2012
    Have to say, as a premium annual pass holder I would be pretty unhappy at having to pay additional to go. Think its bad enough that the normal annual pass doesn't allow you to go for large parts of the year, without them now limiting the annual pass too..

Like the sound of the kwok hunt though, never seen a kwok... ;)
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    As I am in the same boat as well, I've just spoken to someone at LEGOland guest services. He said that as hotel guests will access the park through the entrance by the hotel (not the main entrance) and because they have bought a stay in the hotel they will be guaranteed access to the park. (without having to pre-book)

He also said that they would put something on Facebook to clarify the position for hotel guests.
    @princedraven - It would certainly be a collectable that one. I can't remember the Kwok character from the movies, maybe its the Clone Wars. :)
    @martyn - thanks, thats good to know.
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    Good News from the Legoland Facebook page:

Official LEGOLAND Windsor

Hi everyone, just to clear up any confusion we would like to confirm that any guests staying at the LEGOLAND Hotel, including Annual Pass holders, do not need to pre book for the Star Wars Invasion event as your hotel stay guarantees your entry to the park. Any Annual Passholders staying at the hotel that have paid for guaranteed entry please contact [email protected]​uk We apologise for any confusion or inconvenience caused.
    @martyn - thanks. I shall be sending an email to claim my £20 refund.