Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

A lifetime Lover of Lego!

PisceanPetPisceanPet UKMember Posts: 40

I'm Jo and this is a really old photo of me!  My Dad has been scanning all our old family photos and I've just found this one - 1975 and I was two and half years old, my brother was 5 and Lego was a big part of our family.  I rediscovered Lego a few years ago and now have LOADS of it!!  And yes, I still have all these sets as well.
drdavewatfordMr_Crosslowleadbandit778560HeliportBumblepantsCymbelinepxchriseggshenMaffyDYellowcastleoldtodd33JudgeChuckvanvonfullGrannyLEGOThe_RancorSquirrelFromSpaceTheOriginalSimonBKeilupDeMontesLostInTranslationbookmumAstrobricksSumoLegoKungFuKenny

Comments

• lowleadlowlead USAMember Posts: 199
    HA!  Classic photo - awesome.  Welcome Jo!
    GenX - we grew up with LEGO from the very beginning, we generally don't suffer from truncated attention spans, we have disposable income AND we now have children to whom we introduce the Brand.
    I'm no expert, but perhaps the LEGO marketing team is finally realizing how 'The Forgotten Generation' fuels their success.
    Have fun!  It's weird here.
    560HeliportSumoLego
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,023
    Welcome! I'm a little bit younger, but still have photos like the one you've posted. 77 was my first set I think - the coastguard one.

@lowlead is right - it is weird here, but fun!
    560HeliportMr_Crosslowlead
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,567
    Welcome! I would say, it's fun because it's weird! I have the little red and yellow biplane in front of your brother. I've been playing with LEGO since 1974. 
    Mr_CrosslowleadPisceanPetSumoLego
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,948
    Welcome too - I came onto this thread and thought the photo was a retro Lego packaging photo, but it was actually you and your brother. Great brand representation right there! In fact, that might inspire me to dig out my own Lego related photos. Watch this space…

I’m a late millennial but I grew up with mainly Town-based brick boxes etc which were fun to mess around with, alongside a couple of gems like Pirates Islanders and 90s Space.
    Yellowcastle560HeliportSquirrelFromSpace
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 708
    Love that photo! 
    KungFuKenny
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,342
    Welcome to brickset. Fantastic photo. I am slightly freaked out by your (biscuit?) tin. I think I had one exactly the same that some of my Lego lived in. I was born in 75 and I mostly started my Lego love in the early 80s with Fabuland but I had some inherited 70s bits from older cousins - they lived in a tin that I am sure was like yours ! 
    PisceanPetKungFuKenny